• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch 14.0.0 Update now available - adds folders

Wooxsvan

Yes Yes Yes GIF

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Fuckin finally

graywolf323

Gold Member
They added folders*.

Your folders can't be placed on the home screen you have to go through 2 sub menus before you get to them. I don't like this implementation but it's better than nothing.
damn I got my hopes up from the OP :messenger_pensive:

edit: i'm excited to see they FINALLY added a filter to view only downloaded software!

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed

Nintendo Switch Version 14.0.0 official patch notes​

Version 14.0.0 adds group (folder) features​

• You can now create groups of software to help organize your software titles.
  • Making groups for different game genres, developers, or whatever you’d like to organize by may make it easier to find the application you want.
    • Up to 100 groups can be created with a max of 200 titles per group.
  • The button to proceed to the “All Software” screen is displayed only when there are 13 or more software title icons on the system.

How to make folders and sort your games in 14.0.0​

• Update to version 14.0.0.
  • On the home menu, scroll all the way to the right and select “all software” to display all your games
  • Press the L button.
  • Select “Create New Group” (After the first group has been created, click the + Button to create another new group).
  • Select all the games you want to add to the folder.
  • Sort the games in the folder, then press Next.
  • Decide a name for the folder then press OK.

Bluetooth audio changes​

• You can now adjust the volume of Bluetooth audio devices using either the Nintendo Switch console or through volume control buttons on the Bluetooth audio device.
    • The Bluetooth audio device must support AVRCP profiles for these changes to work.
  • The volume displayed on the console will reflect the Bluetooth audio volume when using the device’s control buttons.
  • The maximum volume output for some Bluetooth audio devices has been increased.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Why after five years though? Pretty weird.

Edit: You can't even do this for the stuff on your main screen? Lol.

Last edited:

Same ol G

Finally i can sort my 400+ games.
I just started with the rpg folder but i now i have to decide what category's to make, that's always the difficult part.

Why after five years though? Pretty weird.

Edit: You can't even do this for the stuff on your main screen? Lol.
My guess is that they don't like the idea of the community giving Nintendo the ideas so they wait it out for 5 years to implement :p

That or they really try their best to keep the Switch OS as small as possible for performance reasons and make sure QA tests it like crazy to iron out any bugs.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
It's not the main screen and it doesn't even replace the "all software" window, it's just a manual filter. Kinda blows.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
This is definitely the end of the world.
The Sky Is Falling Reaction GIF

*building a bunker*
Peanut Butter Running GIF by Jif
no if the the VC comes back , a decent switch online experience with voice cha,t f-zero,wave race,star fox sequels mother 3 and a switch pro announced then I will be worried oh and TvC2 for the switch.

TLZ

Banned
Wait this is not what I wanted. I can't have folders on my home screen. What's the point? And even when clicking on all software they're still all scattered individually and have to click L to go Into groups.

The whole point of groups/folders is to have them on the home screen to make things easier and quicker to access.

spons

Gold Member
they need to fix the scrolling through the shop, man its such a chore and slow.
Agreed, and add functionality to purchase multiple games please. Good deals all over and you still have to go through the rigmarole of buying every single fucking thing individually.
I also hope they fixed Bluetooth as they claim they did. The latency was acceptable on my Sony headphones but it sounded like someone was whispering in my ears in terms of volume.

Orta

Banned
Tried it.

Complete and utter waste of time. Just stick them on the homepage ffs Nintendo. Even you idiots couldn't fuck that up.

Oh wait.....

Reactions: TLZ

Lognor

Banned
I think that the OS on Switch was so underbaked that Nintendo can't really make any massive changes at this point. I think we'll have to wait for the Switch 2 for a complete OS experience.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
They added folders*.

Your folders can't be placed on the home screen you have to go through 2 sub menus before you get to them. I don't like this implementation but it's better than nothing.
Yeah - this is nice and better than nothing, but a huge mess from a UI perspective.

AndrewRyan

This one stupid feature lets me love the Switch twice as much. Really curious why on earth they waited F i v e Y e a r s. Organizing your games is kind of a game in itself. So far here are my categories:

Twin/Shump
Metroidvania
Shooter
Hack-n-Slash
Platforming
Sports
Racing/Flying
Arcade
Stealth/Pinball (combined since they're both small)
Chill/Experiences
Adventure
Strategy/Puzzle/Novels
Fitness/Rhythm

It's hard to choose a category for ones that cross several genres. Is Trine a platformer, puzzler, adventure? What about Luigi's Mansion, Arcade? Guess you can add some to multiple categories but curious how others are managing your arcade/action/adventure categories. Anyways, absolutely loving this feature.

TLZ

Banned
This one stupid feature lets me love the Switch twice as much. Really curious why on earth they waited F i v e Y e a r s. Organizing your games is kind of a game in itself. So far here are my categories:

Twin/Shump
Metroidvania
Shooter
Hack-n-Slash
Platforming
Sports
Racing/Flying
Arcade
Stealth/Pinball (combined since they're both small)
Chill/Experiences
Adventure
Strategy/Puzzle/Novels
Fitness/Rhythm

It's hard to choose a category for ones that cross several genres. Is Trine a platformer, puzzler, adventure? What about Luigi's Mansion, Arcade? Guess you can add some to multiple categories but curious how others are managing your arcade/action/adventure categories. Anyways, absolutely loving this feature.
I'd add Luigi's mansion as Spooky.

Are the folders a locked 60fps? Has Digital Foundry released their video to see if this compares well to the other console folder systems yet?

I need to know these things so I can make a poll post asking if the new folders on the Switch have changed your mind about the console..

Are the folders a locked 60fps? Has Digital Foundry released their video to see if this compares well to the other console folder systems yet?

I need to know these things so I can make a poll post asking if the new folders on the Switch have changed your mind about the console..
The folders do dip to 59 fps sometimes. The Folder has bad anti aliasing. More jaggies than a ps1 game.

Mention that you don't like folders earns a ban at reset era.

Last edited:

TLZ

Banned

They are Ray Traced too with oled light bouncing off folders showing great shadow detail and curvature that will melt your eyes and stiffen your manshaft.

Top Bottom