• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Supposedly Working on Metroid Prime 1 Re-release(Remaster) for 2022 Release.

Papacheeks

Banned
Fck can't people make new games anymore. Metroid Prime is one of my best gaming memories, it does not need a remake.

Speak for your self buddy. Metroid Prime is a masterpiece and the fact Nintendo cant make a new full prime title after restarting in 2019 shows how incompetent they are. SO if they are dusting off the original and making it in the vein of Wind Waker HD rather than Skyward sword which was trash then I', all for it.

Javthusiast

Banned
60$ for three games?

Nintendo: Nah, 60$ each for lazy ports.

Bart Simpson Saturday GIF

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Denial is the most predictable of all human responses. But, rest assured, this will be the sixth time we have <MADE UP A RUMOUR ABOUT PRIME REMASTERS>, and we have become exceedingly efficient at it.

f15da6a9-ab8b-4b49-b7b9-29f8e03a4641_screenshot.jpg

Kokoloko85

Man its taken this long to get a 1 Metroid Prime Remaster? It should be the trilogy remaster.

Also Nintendo did basically nothing for Zelda’s Anniversary. No OOT or Majoras Mask port. No Winder Waker or Twilight Princess HD ports from the Wii U. I doubt they will do much for Prime

Last edited:

Papacheeks

Banned
Bandai Namco were making prime 4, not Nintendo. They rebooted development because it looked shit so now Retro and Nintendo are developing it. Nothing to do with Nintendo's incompetence but Bandai Namco.

I know? And still they are not anywhere closer with Retro. Retro literally in 2021 was hiring writers still, lead programmer still? Why did Nintendo outsource a first party title? One that they have made internally mostly outside of Other M?

Nintendo is incompetent's when it comes to managing/making games in a timely manner that are not Zelda/Mario.

I fucking knew it. Nintendo want to charge $60 per game like Skyward Sword and that’s the only reason they won’t port/HDify Prime Trilogy as it is.

The proposition of getting a Switch is less and less appealing.

QQE7CZ3.jpg

Perrott

Gold Member
Rogers definitely knows her shit. I'm leaning towards it being the whole trilogy rather than a standalone Prime 1 re-release, but with Nintendo you never know...
Why did Nintendo outsource a first party title? One that they have made internally mostly outside of Other M?
Apparently it was because Retro was busy with the making of a new IP for the Switch that got cancelled, just like the other project they started afterwards before picking up Metroid Prime 4 from Bandai Namco. What happened with the first version of MP4 was weird, because it seemingly was pretty late into production by the time Nintendo decided to pull the plug and reboot development entirely.

Last edited:

nicktwilight

Neo Member
It would be ideal timing given that Metroid Dread is just around the corner.But I don't think Nintendo will give it the attention it deserves.It's also fine the way it is so just let Retro finish Prime 4 in the next decade.

S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, I'm sure remaking one of the best games of all time with better visuals is really going to ruin a lot of memories :messenger_neutral:
Is it a full on remake or is it just a remaster with better resolution and QOL improvements? If it is the latter then there is no reason why they don't just port the whole Trilogy.

Last edited by a moderator:

Papacheeks

Banned
Rogers definitely knows her shit. I'm leaning towards it being the whole trilogy rather than a standalone Prime 1 re-release, but with Nintendo you never know...

Apparently it was because Retro was busy with the making of a new IP for the Switch that got cancelled, just like the other project they started afterwards before picking up Metroid Prime 4 from Bandai Namco. What happened with the first version of MP4 was weird, because it seemingly was pretty late into production by the time Nintendo decided to pull the plug and reboot development entirely.

Oh, I know supposedly it was some kind of action/Racer game. I was asking someone why they outsource so much on First party. When it comes to giving fans what they want Nintendo falls short in my opinion everytime in some way shape or form.

Skyward sword should have been $19.99 if no work was done to it. Which it looks like it was a straight up port but they charged $59.99. Yet Sony redoes a masterpiece like Shadow of the colossus, and Demons souls and remakes them from the ground up and charges accordingly for them.

I just dont know why they are incompentant. I think the issue or the elephant in the room is Nintendo never re-invested in growing for more developers or more studios under Nintendo. They just now the past couple years invested in online and even then their investment seems to not amount to dedicated servers for their biggest games?

Umbasaborne

Banned
That sounds perfectly underwhelming, so im sure its exactly what nintendo would do. These days they rely more on remasters and remakes than actually making anything new.

also remember in 2017 when all the “””insiders””” unanimously agrees that metroid prime trilogy was gonna be announced at the game awards, then went on the ultra defense screaming that “PLanS cHaNgE!!!”?

Kataploom

Gold Member
I expect that to happen... Remember that Nintendo want to avoid reducing the value of their IPs and offering several games in one pack is exactly that even if the valueof the package itself is high. That's the reason why the SM3DAS collection was timed, obvious in my eyes tbh.

So thinking they'd release a collection of three Metroid games makes me doubt if they're trying to revitalize Metroid IP, but also makes sense from another perspective so who knows...

jigglet

Banned
If they boost the FOV to 90 this could be a hell of a remaster.

But I fear this will be just a "rom dump".

Neff

Another leaker has said that the HD trilogy they were sitting on has been scrapped in favour of 'something better', presumably remasters/remakes.

Osaka_Boss

Man its taken this long to get a 1 Metroid Prime Remaster? It should be the trilogy remaster.

Also Nintendo did basically nothing for Zelda’s Anniversary. No OOT or Majoras Mask port. No Winder Waker or Twilight Princess HD ports from the Wii U. I doubt they will do much for Prime
They probably have them all done already. But Nintendo's greed speaks volumes...

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Fck can't people make new games anymore. Metroid Prime is one of my best gaming memories, it does not need a remake.
It can be nice to play it in 16:9 at 1080p@60 Hz, but if it happens it is like Metroid Dread… a wait to fill the schedule with something as MP4 is going to be late IMHO.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
I would buy the Wind Waker HD double pack......But not a Prime 1 remake. Prime 1 is a masterpiece though. 10 out of 10.

kingkaiser

I would buy it in a heartbeat, but let's not forget this rumor comes from Emily "Switch Pro is real" Rogers, so don't get your hopes up too much.

Ristifer

All this time without an MP Trilogy remaster release, and now it all makes sense. Nintendo needs to milk it for the next 5 years to get $60 for each game. I can feel the salt running through my body.

CGiRanger

Banned
I never understood why people always seemed to be confused about a possible Metroid Prime Trilogy remaster/re-release, and the timing of such.

As soon as Metroid Prime 4 was announced, I thought it was quite clear that Nintendo would likely want to re-release the Trilogy to help bring in new customers and "prime" the old customers for said release. After all the "4" in the title implies strongly that this is a sequel/continuation, rather than something like a new thing (ex. God of War vs. God of War), which would become a barrier of entry for some aspect of the marketplace.

That's why I've always felt that any re-release of this rumored Trilogy would only take place once a release window for Prime 4 was defined. And since unfortunately Prime 4 had to restart development from scratch after 2 years from its initial announcement, that meant these Prime Trilogy rumors have persisted for so long.

So once we finally get some kind of announcement footage of Prime 4, I'll expect a Prime Trilogy release announcement as well.

Marty-McFly

Banned
Never said it was going to ruin memories, the game still exists, it's amazing, why remake it. Focus on the next game instead if fcking around with remakes.
I mean, the point would be to sell these to drum up hype for Prime 4 and get more Prime 4 sales.

In fucking in. :messenger_sunglasses: Prime remastered/remade on the go is a game changer.

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
I'd orgasm if that were true. But I'm not getting my hopes up.

april6e

Eww, why? They already "remastered" the game recently with the Trilogy collection. Devote the manpower to another game that actually needs a remaster. Remaster any other Metroid game besides those three and I would be fine with it.

Last edited:

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Good Nintendo should allow the project green lit the last time we heard of Metroid it was Dread.

jigglet

Banned
Oddly, Metroid Prime is probably the only first person game I could get my girlfriend into.

I will buy as long as this has a 90fov.

Since this game was built from ground up to be the anti-FPS (emphasis on exploration etc), this game needs a higher FOV than most traditional FPS games.

amigastar

Hey there,

can anyone tell me from what Metroid Prime is this scene. It looks way better than MP 1 and 2. Is it from MP 3? It starts at 6:10 min

Last edited:
Top Bottom