• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo reveals Mario Rabbids 2: Sparks of Hope 2022 for Switch

Jooxed

Gold Member

7G0M8sX.jpg

vj3iJN9.jpg

zWt4lYU.jpg

Now Nintendo is leaking Rabbids games

Last edited:

Zannegan

Was this supposed to be revealed early, or did I accidentally time travel again and miss the Direct on the 15th?

If the latter, did they announce the Switch Pro?

Last edited:

Jooxed

Gold Member
Was this supposed to be revealed early, or did I accidentally time travel again and miss the Direct on the 15th?

If the latter, did they announce the Switch Pro?

I would assume it was supposed to be revealed tonight in Ubisofts conference.

Kuranghi

Surely thats an accident, what a bizarre way to reveal it. Graphics look really nice in the screenshots and it looks like its more of an actual open world now, maybe with direct character control, because although the roomba guy is still in the shots, he's not at the front in some of them, so maybe you can choose who leads now.

I bought Kingdom Battle when it went down to 13 quid on a sale and the gameplay just wasn't for me, and while the visuals were great (really good rendering style for Switch, reminds me of what they achieved with LM3) and I have no isses with 30fps generally the lack of motion blur/way they handled the frame pacing at 30fps was REALLY jarring and unpleasant, this was on an LCD that makes low fps look good compared to most TV sets, on OLED it must've been sickening to pan the camera, no hyperbole.

Hopefully they have fixed that aspect of the presentation because even if everything else about this sequel appeals to me thats actually enough to put me off it was that bad.

Last edited:

Kazza

I don't have a Switch, so never played the original, but as a fan of X-Com and similar strategy games, this always intrigued me.

While I'm glad there will be another entry in the series, it seems like a bit of a missed opportunity to me: I would have preferred a the rabids teaming up with a new Nintendo franchise for each game (i.e. Zelda characters for this one, then Metroid etc)

Kazza

A gentle reminder to not pay full price for this.

The last one hit bargain bins just weeks after launch. It still one of the cheapest (Big budget) Switch games you can buy (That and Rayman Legends).

Bargain bin suggests that the original didn't do so well sales wise, but in that case why are they doing this sequel?

It's certainly a budget title now (just 16 GBP on Amazon UK brand new, whereas the likes of Odyssey/BotW etc are still full price)

Astral Dog

Bargain bin suggests that the original didn't do so well sales wise, but in that case why are they doing this sequel?

It's certainly a budget title now (just 16 GBP on Amazon UK brand new, whereas the likes of Odyssey/BotW etc are still full price)
Im sure it did pretty well for a strategy game, easily more than 1 million copies shortly after release but idk the exact numbers

Astral Dog

Kingdom battle was great. As a gamer, I'm happy to see not only a sequel, but that Nintendo was pleased enough to keep letting third parties make games with its IP. I want to see more of that in future. Respawn Metroid game anyone?
Mario has a little history with third parties, remember that Square Enix Mario game? Besides the RPG they made some sports game for 3DS Mario was playing basketball with Moogles.

Anyways they gave Metroid to Mercury Steam after being impressed by their tech so we will see how that continues

Robb

Gold Member
Not my type of game, but still nice to see this get a sequel. Hope it turns out to be great!

carlosrox

Banned

Really hope this isn't in jest cuz this moment was truly great and touching.

---------

Well I'd be lying if I said I didn't want them to be making something different as a sequel to this game feels sort of....late at this point? I kinda expected it to happen before, not now.

Anyways the first was a great game so I can't complain. I'll be getting this for sure.

Animagic

Banned
A gentle reminder to not pay full price for this.

The last one hit bargain bins just weeks after launch. It still one of the cheapest (Big budget) Switch games you can buy (That and Rayman Legends).
Both are great. Yeah Ubisoft loves to collapse their prices fast

AMSCD

This guy seemed really genuine, good guyyyyyyyyyyy, he wore his heart on his forehead during that presentation. He deserves a sequel with how this game was received with the amount of pressure that was on him from the get go.
What's the story here?

Top Bottom