• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Releases Anniversary Direct for Mario Including 3D Collection

Jooxed

Gold Member

I'm ready

• Super Mario 3D All-Stars
    : Optimized versions of 3D Mario games Super Mario 64, Super Mario Sunshine and Super Mario Galaxy are coming to Nintendo Switch in one package. In addition to having higher resolutions than their original versions, the games have been optimized for a smooth gameplay experience on Nintendo Switch. Super Mario 3D All-Stars also includes an in-game music-player mode to play the music and songs from all three games. Players can also listen to music on their Nintendo Switch systems when the screen is off. A limited production of Super Mario 3D All-Stars launches exclusively for the Nintendo Switch family of systems on Sept. 18 and will be available until approximately March 31, 2021.
  • Mario Kart Live: Home Circuit: Created in partnership with Velan Studios, Mario Kart Live: Home Circuit brings the fun of the Mario Kart series into the real world by using a Nintendo Switch or Nintendo Switch Lite** system to race against opponents using a physical Kart. The physical Kart responds to boosts in-game and in the real world, stops when hit with an item and can be affected in different ways depending on the race. Players place gates to create a custom course layout in their home, where the only limit is their imagination. Race against Koopalings in Grand Prix, unlock a variety of course customizations and costumes for Mario or Luigi, and play with up to four players in local multiplayer mode.*** Mario Kart Live: Home Circuit, which is available in a Mario Set or Luigi Set, launches on Oct. 16 at a suggested retail price of $99.99.
  • Game & Watch: Super Mario Bros.: This new collectable device is inspired by the original Game & Watch systems first released in 1980. The original handheld device included a game, and could also be used as a watch to tell time. The original Game & Watch series sold more than 43 million worldwide. Game & Watch: Super Mario Bros. features a modern +Control Pad. In addition to playing classic games Super Mario Bros., Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels (released in Japan as Super Mario Bros. 2) and a special version of Ball with a Mario makeover, Game & Watch: Super Mario Bros. also functions as a clock, with 35 little touches to discover, including some guest appearances from Mario’s friends and foes. Game & Watch: Super Mario Bros. launches on Nov. 13 at a suggested retail price of $49.99.
  • Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury: Multiplayer mayhem pounces onto Nintendo Switch! This enhanced Super Mario 3D World, which originally launched for the Wii U system, features co-op gameplay both online* and through local multiplayer in a variety of creative levels. Additional details about what new things this game has to offer will be revealed later. Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury launches for Nintendo Switch on Feb. 12, 2021. New amiibo figures Cat Mario and Cat Peach will also be released at the same time as the game.
  • Super Mario Bros. 35: Welcome to Super Mario Bros. … with 35 players! In this competitive online battle game, 35 players will compete to be the last Mario standing … or running. Enemies defeated will be sent to other players’ courses, but that also works the other way around! Players can activate special items to try and outpace their opponents. Super Mario Bros. 35 launches on Oct. 1 as a digital-only game exclusive to Nintendo Switch Online members.* The game will be playable until March 31, 2021.
  • Super Mario All-Stars: The classic Super NES game that includes upgraded versions of Super Mario Bros., Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels, Super Mario Bros. 2 and Super Mario Bros. 3 with enhanced 16-bit graphics is joining the catalog of games available with Nintendo Switch Online … later today!*
  • Super Mario Events: From now until March 2021, there are many events to mark the 35th anniversary of Super Mario.
  • By completing Super Mario related missions on My Nintendo, fans will have an opportunity to earn rewards, including a special pin set. Pins are available while supplies last. This promotion lasts until March 31, 2021. Learn more by visiting the official website.
  • From Sept. 8 at 11 p.m. PT until Sept. 22 at 11 p.m. PT, Mario Kart Tour will have a Super Mario Kart Tour event, with special appearances by Mario (Super NES) and Donkey Kong Jr. (Super NES) from the original Super Mario Kart game.****
  • Historical Super Mario items and 35th anniversary-themed merchandise will be available for purchase at the Nintendo NY store and store.nintendo.com during the month of November.
  • A 35th anniversary-themed Ninji Speedruns course is coming to the Super Mario Maker 2 game in November.
  • Later this year, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate will have an in-game online tournament using Super Mario series fighters, stages and items.
  • A Super Mario themed Splatfest is coming to Splatoon 2 in January 2021. Keychains will also be available as a My Nintendo reward closer to the Splatfest.***** In addition, physical Splatfest T-shirts will be available for purchase online later today. The upcoming Splatfest asks the important question: Which Super Mario power-up do you prefer? Supersize with a Super Mushroom or become invincible with a Super Star?
  • In March of next year, Super Mario themed furniture will be available in the Animal Crossing: New Horizons game.
  • Super Mario Products: In addition to events, many different Super Mario themed products will be hitting store shelves this year.
  • The PUMA RS-Dreamer Super Mario 64 basketball shoes from our collaborative collection will launch tomorrow, Sept. 4. These shoes will be available exclusively at Foot Locker, Champs Sports, PUMA stores and Puma.com.
  • Monopoly Super Mario Celebration from Hasbro is now available at retailers worldwide.
  • Jenga Super Mario sets from Hasbro are now available at retailers worldwide.
  • The It’s-a-Me, Mario action figure from JAKKS Pacific is now available at retailers worldwide.
  • Black Milk Clothing inspired by Super Mario will be available at BlackMilkClothing.com starting at 5 p.m. ET on Oct. 5. A lookbook sneak peek will be available on Sept. 29.
  • The LEGO Nintendo Entertainment System set is now available exclusively at LEGO stores and LEGO.com, with multiple LEGO Super Mario sets now available at retailers worldwide, including the Adventures with Mario Starter Course.

Last edited:
I'm ready

• Super Mario 3D All-Stars
    : Optimized versions of 3D Mario games Super Mario 64, Super Mario Sunshine and Super Mario Galaxy are coming to Nintendo Switch in one package. In addition to having higher resolutions than their original versions, the games have been optimized for a smooth gameplay experience on Nintendo Switch. Super Mario 3D All-Stars also includes an in-game music-player mode to play the music and songs from all three games. Players can also listen to music on their Nintendo Switch systems when the screen is off. A limited production of Super Mario 3D All-Stars launches exclusively for the Nintendo Switch family of systems on Sept. 18 and will be available until approximately March 31, 2021.
  • Mario Kart Live: Home Circuit: Created in partnership with Velan Studios, Mario Kart Live: Home Circuit brings the fun of the Mario Kart series into the real world by using a Nintendo Switch or Nintendo Switch Lite** system to race against opponents using a physical Kart. The physical Kart responds to boosts in-game and in the real world, stops when hit with an item and can be affected in different ways depending on the race. Players place gates to create a custom course layout in their home, where the only limit is their imagination. Race against Koopalings in Grand Prix, unlock a variety of course customizations and costumes for Mario or Luigi, and play with up to four players in local multiplayer mode.*** Mario Kart Live: Home Circuit, which is available in a Mario Set or Luigi Set, launches on Oct. 16 at a suggested retail price of $99.99.
  • Game & Watch: Super Mario Bros.: This new collectable device is inspired by the original Game & Watch systems first released in 1980. The original handheld device included a game, and could also be used as a watch to tell time. The original Game & Watch series sold more than 43 million worldwide. Game & Watch: Super Mario Bros. features a modern +Control Pad. In addition to playing classic games Super Mario Bros., Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels (released in Japan as Super Mario Bros. 2) and a special version of Ball with a Mario makeover, Game & Watch: Super Mario Bros. also functions as a clock, with 35 little touches to discover, including some guest appearances from Mario’s friends and foes. Game & Watch: Super Mario Bros. launches on Nov. 13 at a suggested retail price of $49.99.
  • Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury: Multiplayer mayhem pounces onto Nintendo Switch! This enhanced Super Mario 3D World, which originally launched for the Wii U system, features co-op gameplay both online* and through local multiplayer in a variety of creative levels. Additional details about what new things this game has to offer will be revealed later. Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury launches for Nintendo Switch on Feb. 12, 2021. New amiibo figures Cat Mario and Cat Peach will also be released at the same time as the game.
  • Super Mario Bros. 35: Welcome to Super Mario Bros. … with 35 players! In this competitive online battle game, 35 players will compete to be the last Mario standing … or running. Enemies defeated will be sent to other players’ courses, but that also works the other way around! Players can activate special items to try and outpace their opponents. Super Mario Bros. 35 launches on Oct. 1 as a digital-only game exclusive to Nintendo Switch Online members.* The game will be playable until March 31, 2021.
  • Super Mario All-Stars: The classic Super NES game that includes upgraded versions of Super Mario Bros., Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels, Super Mario Bros. 2 and Super Mario Bros. 3 with enhanced 16-bit graphics is joining the catalog of games available with Nintendo Switch Online … later today!*
  • Super Mario Events: From now until March 2021, there are many events to mark the 35th anniversary of Super Mario.
  • By completing Super Mario related missions on My Nintendo, fans will have an opportunity to earn rewards, including a special pin set. Pins are available while supplies last. This promotion lasts until March 31, 2021. Learn more by visiting the official website.
  • From Sept. 8 at 11 p.m. PT until Sept. 22 at 11 p.m. PT, Mario Kart Tour will have a Super Mario Kart Tour event, with special appearances by Mario (Super NES) and Donkey Kong Jr. (Super NES) from the original Super Mario Kart game.****
  • Historical Super Mario items and 35th anniversary-themed merchandise will be available for purchase at the Nintendo NY store and store.nintendo.com during the month of November.
  • A 35th anniversary-themed Ninji Speedruns course is coming to the Super Mario Maker 2 game in November.
  • Later this year, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate will have an in-game online tournament using Super Mario series fighters, stages and items.
  • A Super Mario themed Splatfest is coming to Splatoon 2 in January 2021. Keychains will also be available as a My Nintendo reward closer to the Splatfest.***** In addition, physical Splatfest T-shirts will be available for purchase online later today. The upcoming Splatfest asks the important question: Which Super Mario power-up do you prefer? Supersize with a Super Mushroom or become invincible with a Super Star?
  • In March of next year, Super Mario themed furniture will be available in the Animal Crossing: New Horizons game.
  • Super Mario Products: In addition to events, many different Super Mario themed products will be hitting store shelves this year.
  • The PUMA RS-Dreamer Super Mario 64 basketball shoes from our collaborative collection will launch tomorrow, Sept. 4. These shoes will be available exclusively at Foot Locker, Champs Sports, PUMA stores and Puma.com.
  • Monopoly Super Mario Celebration from Hasbro is now available at retailers worldwide.
  • Jenga Super Mario sets from Hasbro are now available at retailers worldwide.
  • The It’s-a-Me, Mario action figure from JAKKS Pacific is now available at retailers worldwide.
  • Black Milk Clothing inspired by Super Mario will be available at BlackMilkClothing.com starting at 5 p.m. ET on Oct. 5. A lookbook sneak peek will be available on Sept. 29.
  • The LEGO Nintendo Entertainment System set is now available exclusively at LEGO stores and LEGO.com, with multiple LEGO Super Mario sets now available at retailers worldwide, including the Adventures with Mario Starter Course.

Last edited:

Stitch

Gold Member
OH MY GOD IT'S HAPPENING

T9gEt.jpeg

Sephimoth

It's a shame Galaxy 2 isn't in that pack but.. not bad.

Mario 3d Worlds is great fun

Would have liked something more than ports though, just saying :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:
3D World getting some love is overdue. It shouldn’t have had to live isolated on Wii U for this long.

But all-in-all, basically what you’d expect. Not really interested in repurchasing these games again, but won’t fault those who do.

Stitch

Gold Member
Uhh that 3D All Stars thing is some lazy bullshit. The games aren't remastered, 64 doesn't even have the DS features/enhancements and no Galaxy 2? Also that Battle Royale thing looks cool why would they make it a limited thing?
Oh well we're getting Mario All Stars today so still a good day.

Jooxed

Gold Member
bruh quit larping

you've already publically said your "insider info" is just from some guys youtube channel you watch

you come in threads spouting off cryptic clues like you know shit, when you're just regurgitating the latest rumours everyone else knows

is it LARPING if I have stated I bring the info here from Nate/Grubb/Zhuge. Get a life nerd.

-Arcadia-

Banned
Weird to see Galaxy 2 not included? I could have sworn that some of the footage was from it (but it has been a long time). I feel like stopping short of a game that runs on the same engine, looks almost exactly the same, builds on everything the original did, and is almost as beloved as it’s predecessor, with debates between the two to this day, is a bit questionable.

At this point, Galaxy 1 without it’s companion piece is a bit like Oreos without milk. You’re still happy to have a delicious Oreo, and they made their name as a snack before people started dunking them in milk, but something’s missing. Particularly given we’ll probably never have a chance for an official modern release of this game again.

Of course, I’m skipping the obvious, that the three of them back in action, portable, and looking this amazing, is a blessing itself, but that’s going to be a common theme in here. It is wonderful to not only have SM64 on this system, but for SMS and Galaxy to have their first encore performance.

_Justinian_

Gold Member
I am beginning to wonder if Nintendo expects all of their fans to have Alzheimers based on all how often they keep releasing the same shit each generation.

Saruhashi

Banned
bruh quit larping

you've already publically said your "insider info" is just from some guys youtube channel you watch

you come in threads spouting off cryptic clues like you know shit, when you're just regurgitating the latest rumours everyone else knows

Piss off.

I don't pay attention to those youtubers or twitter etc so it's awesome that we have Jooxed Jooxed giving us updates and speculation.

diffusionx

Gold Member
I want that Game and Watch, and I'll probably get the package for Sunshine and Galaxy.

I already have SM3DW on my Wii U so eh.

ranmafan

No galaxy 2 and limited run on the game is insanely ridiculous. Plus that battle royale game is also a limited time game to play. Seriously, I have no idea what Nintendo is thinking here. What should’ve been a great announcement has kinda been soured I feel.

HotPocket69

Banned
Sucks that that Mario 35 Battle Royale is a limited time too. Only til March 2021? What the fuck? Just keep it going like Tetris 99.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
Well at least they are giving us Mario all stars on the SNES online service instead of charging us $50 like they did on the Wii for the exact same rom

Nico_D

Strange that the rumours about remasters and remakes were wrong.

Why Galaxy 2 was missing from the clip show?

Will be buying the 3D collection for sure.

Top Bottom