• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo President Says Switch Supply Shortages to Likely Continue in 2022

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

According to Nintendo of Japan President Shuntaro Furukawa, the games industry giant is expecting Switch supply to remain strained into 2022. The issue stems from the limited supply of semiconductor chips, an issue that has affected game consoles, vehicles, and other electronics. There's also the problem of logistics, as shipping is globally impacted by the coronavirus, especially as the Omicron variant spreads. The Switch supply will reportedly be "stagnant after the beginning of 2022."

V4skunk

Banned
Switch 4k in 2023 lol
Something more powerful is coming!
Retro Studios the guys that make Metroid Prime 1-4 have some very interesting job vacancies like this.
Talking about needing a person to develop new core technology for "target" hardware and research coding techniques and algorithms to keep up to date with the industry.

nordique

^ could still be years out. Doesn’t really indicate anything

And doesn’t change the fact the switch may still face shortages like everything else out there.

Even ps4 prices second hand have gone up. It’s crazy.

kingfey

Banned
That is it guys. There is no next gen consoles. There is only ps4 and Xbox one right now. New gen doesn't exist anymore. It was just a dream. Just a fever dream.

Punk Rock Illustration GIF by mxpx

Soosa

Banned
Why release another Switch that early when the current one is selling out in seconds everywhere???
That is not true at all.

Switch have never been selling out everywhere.

Everywhere would mean it is selling out globally, but it is not. There are countries where switch didnt sell out even on launch.

I could literally order hundreds of switches right now, and they have them plenty on physical stores here. I saw them on stores few days before xmas too.

My point isnt that switch is selling really good, but just to point out that claiming that it is selling out everywhere isnt true at all, when there are countries that have had zero or almost zero sold out days since the launch.

Lognor

Banned
We're not seeing a Switch 2 for a loooong time. I'd guess Nintendo will hold off until this chip shortage gets sorted out. Ugh.

cireza

Never seen a Switch shortage in France though. They even had to drop the price of the OLED model quickly to sell the stock...

Last edited:

Celcius

°Temp. member
Shortly after launch I went to my local target and bought an oled switch (both colors were in stock). There’s a shortage?

Mr Moose

That is not true at all.

Switch have never been selling out everywhere.

Everywhere would mean it is selling out globally, but it is not. There are countries where switch didnt sell out even on launch.

I could literally order hundreds of switches right now, and they have them plenty on physical stores here. I saw them on stores few days before xmas too.

My point isnt that switch is selling really good, but just to point out that claiming that it is selling out everywhere isnt true at all, when there are countries that have had zero or almost zero sold out days since the launch.
Available right now in the UK on Amazon (if anyone needs a post-Christmas gift, delivery before New Year).

And the one that doesn't Switch

Man, if this was five years ago you'd be hearing people say that Nintendo is intentionally limiting the supply like with the NES Classic Mini.

I miss those days.

meanspartan

I just bought an oled switch so I selfishly hope this is the longest Nintendo gen ever and Switch 2 isn't until late 2023 or later heh.

Top Bottom