• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Music is an Audiophile wet Dream: Latin Jazz, American Jazz, 80s Japanese Jazz Fusion... and Reggae?!)

Latin Jazz - Salsa / Bosa Nova
Kazumi Totaka -Shop Channel

Naoto Kubo - Bubblaine - Super Mario Odyssey

Tomoya Tomita - Secret Island

American Jazz - Swing / Big Band
Kenta Nagata & Shinobu Tanaka - Circuit Theme

Yasuaki Iwata - Mario Kart Stadium

Japanese Jazz Fusion

This one really comes full circle for me on a personal level as ive recently discovered this genre. If there was a genre that helped early Japanese video game, its would probably 80s Japanese Jazz Fusion

You have to have a keen ear for this genre to hear it. its literally scattered everywhere, subtle but in every Nintendo music

Tomoya Tomita - Foulwater Falls

For this genre, its better to hear what JAzz Fusion sounded like for a track like Foulwater Falls to be influenced by... I give you CASIOPEA & T Square!

Reggae - Dub
Hirokazu Tanaka - Balloon Fight (NES) Bonus Round

Not convinced, hear it from the man himself!

Last edited:

TheGrat1

This isn't what 'audiophile' means.
Came to post this.
First post win the thread again.
AthleticMeatyHeifer-size_restricted.gif

Quasicat

I get what you are talking about. I’m a bit of an audiophile and have really gotten into the remastering of SNES music like this:

It’s basically what it would sound like if it were in its original uncompressed form. Get yourself a good pair of headphones, and it will entrance you.

Kuranghi

Nice, thanks OP, gonna listen to this while I sand down my summer-heat-expanded bathroom door, should make it go a bit quicker.

King Of The Hill Eyes GIF

Last edited:
Top Bottom