• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo is silent.

Announcement today

• It will happen

Votes: 38 14.3%
  • It won't happen

Votes: 227 85.7%

• Total voters

Coolwhhip

Neophyte
Sad Charlie Brown GIF

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
Because Switch is huge and the day they show this off people will go crazy. They don't need to rush anything.

The road to success is paved with tons of things companies don't "need" to do - doesn't mean they shouldn't maximize every opportunity.

Coolwhhip

Neophyte
The road to success is paved with tons of things companies don't "need" to do - doesn't mean they shouldn't maximize every opportunity.

I think the only thing Nintendo has to do is reveal the Super Switch before their E3. So they have 2 big press moments and they can showcase all their Super Switch enhanced games. They still have entire next week for that.

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
I think the only thing Nintendo has to do is reveal the Super Switch before their E3. So they have 2 big press moments and they can showcase all their Super Switch enhanced games. They still have entire next week for that.

And that's fine, bit what's the harm in actually announcing when just to make fans happy?
If they don't know when by now they are lost.

Woopah

Why did people think they would make an announcement a couple of weeks before a scheduled marking event?
The series of events was this:

1. A few weeks ago no one expected to see the Pro before September and many doubted it would even launch this year
2. Emily says that she things a hardware announcement is coming sooner than we think. She expects it to be made a few weeks before or a few weeks after E3
3. The next day Bloomberg releases an article saying the Pro would launch September or October and could be announced before E3
4. Nate says he has heard from third parties that they will be showing footage from Pro games at E3
5. Nate says he is no longer as confident in that information as he was previously.

So basically we're expecting an announcement sometime before late September but we don't know when.

Coolwhhip

Neophyte
The series of events was this:

1. A few weeks ago no one expected to see the Pro before September and many doubted it would even launch this year
2. Emily says that she things a hardware announcement is coming sooner than we think. She expects it to be made a few weeks before or a few weeks after E3
3. The next day Bloomberg releases an article saying the Pro would launch September or October and could be announced before E3
4. Nate says he has heard from third parties that they will be showing footage from Pro games at E3
5. Nate says he is no longer as confident in that information as he was previously.

So basically we're expecting an announcement sometime before late September but we don't know when.

Haha I like point 4 and 5. As time passes all those useless shit 'insiders' have to back track.

Woopah

Haha I like point 4 and 5. As time passes all those useless shit 'insiders' have to back track.
Nate has got stuff right before so he definitely has sources. I'd rather he come out and say "my information was wrong" than pretend otherwise.

Last edited:
You know, it's actually more fun to wait the 11 days and just let Nintendo announce it and surprise you with cool trailers and an E3 showcase.

Silvawuff

Okay so, you know how you know a dog is about to take a poo when it starts sniffing around, before finding a spot to dump? It's that magical moment of awe and excitement you feel in your heart.

Nintendo is still in the sniffing phase. Just let them do their business. It'll happen.

UnNamed

Banned
If the E3 Nintendo Direct is software only, and they clearly specified this, it means we should actually see the Switch Pro before the E3 or everything is moved to September.

GuinGuin

Banned
Remember when someone at Netflix leaked the live action Zelda show they were planning so Nintendo canceled the contract? I wonder if all of the leaks about New Switch + pissed them off enough to cancel it too. 😱

Termite

The only thing that matters is them announcing it before e3 so that the trailers we see are representative of what we can see on the new hardware.

If we're not going to see that, who cares, announce it in August if you want.

That said, the past 18 months have been just about the worst first party drought in Nintendo history for me, so I'm really, really looking forward to the burst of new games that the Super Switch should bring.

EDIT: I think I've bought only two first party games in the past 18 months. That's absolutely unreal for a huge Nintendo fan like myself.

Last edited:

Boy bawang

Nate has got stuff right before so he definitely has sources. I'd rather he come out and say "my information was wrong" than pretend otherwise.

The guy has a business to run and an army of fanboys on the purple website willing to feed his patreon. "Plans change" is a much better way to spin things than "I was again fed shit intel". Can't blame the guy, I'd do the same.

drotahorror

Nintendo probably thinkin how they can sell us current gen Switch titles AGAIN, for the Super Switch at full price with no upgrade path or retroactive performance increases.

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
Okay so, you know how you know a dog is about to take a poo when it starts sniffing around, before finding a spot to dump? It's that magical moment of awe and excitement you feel in your heart.

Nintendo is still in the sniffing phase. Just let them do their business. It'll happen.
Ben Feldman GIF by Superstore

Dr Bass

I was following you until the bolded section.

I think they were going for thursday, but when word got out cancelled. An anti scalper measure if you will. Or maybe just maybe the rumors arent credible.

GetemMa

I honestly don't give a shit when they announce it. It's obviously happening and we know when it's coming.

The chances of me getting one are tiny because I'm not paying 1 cent over MSRP. If the industry is in such a state that they can't meet demand, so be it. I'm not supporting some assholes grifting operation by buying one for $1000.

gamer82

They will wait till we’re really desperate for it , so it sells like hot cakes. Good time to get it out while ps5 etc is on a go slow with stock.

as much as I want a switch as I sold my launch one. I have ps5 with a backlog of games to get through and not getting anywhere lately with the mood I’m in.

I have a feeling I may be going off gaming . Turning it on seems like a choir its not like I have anything better to do .

Last edited:

Woopah

The guy has a business to run and an army of fanboys on the purple website willing to feed his patreon. "Plans change" is a much better way to spin things than "I was again fed shit intel". Can't blame the guy, I'd do the same.
I get annoyed when people with no sources say "plans change", as then they are probably just making things up.

But we know Nate has sources and he's said "I was given bad information" rather than "plans change". I'd rather him be honest and say he failed to verify the information than pretend the plan has changed.

Zannegan

Thought this was quite an interesting take on the Super Switch / Switch Pro

If this is correct, it would certainly be a step down from the PS4 Pro-style, 2-3x power jump a lot of us were hoping for... which makes perfect sense, lol. It's the kind of thing we should expect from Nintendo. I just hope that (if this analysis is correct) the rumors of a $400 price tag for the upgrade are wrong.

jdforge

Banned
If this is correct, it would certainly be a step down from the PS4 Pro-style, 2-3x power jump a lot of us were hoping for... which makes perfect sense, lol. It's the kind of thing we should expect from Nintendo. I just hope that (if this analysis is correct) the rumors of a $400 price tag for the upgrade are wrong.

Yeah when I watched this I have to say I thought this sounds exactly like what Nintendo will do.

No way are they gonna make a Pro unit. They are making bank on existing old tech as is. Also currently their is a shortage of chips to be made.

Astral Dog

Guys i been on a Nintendo drought for one and a half years. need them to show some great games next week or i worry about my health 🥺.

Last game i bought was Age of Calamity but it wasn't good

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Gamers are getting a sense they’re just getting modified Switch’s instead of a traditional next gen consoles, which pro versions of the PS4 motivated people to get upgrades. There might be something.

Top Bottom