• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo is bringing the heat all year long!! - Switch 2022 Exclusives Line-Up

RoadHazard

Gold Member
We really, really need a Switch 2 this year. Preferably released along with BotW2, which I'm expecting this fall. The original Switch is just hopelessly outdated at this point, I don't even want to pick the thing up anymore (in fact it's been stowed away in a closet for more than 6 months now).

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Conventional wisdom would suggest BOTW will not come out this year. Then again, they can pull off a Majora's Mask once in a while.

Hopefully it solves some of the issues from the original game and delivers a truly great Zelda.

With dungeons.

BotW will be 5 years old in two months, it's nothing like MM. That's more like the typical time between full new Zelda titles. But Nintendo seems to be having issues producing games for the Switch, even though they no longer have two consoles to split their resources between.

Banned
Splatoon 3 is an insta buy, I love the campaigns in those games.

Bayonetta 3 is also basically insta, but it kinda looked... weird as fuck from the gameplay they showed.

Kirby looks surprisingly amazing as well, so that is a big one for me too

Breath of the Wild 2 will not release this year, no way...

S0ULZB0URNE

The best selling console is just getting started in its 6th year

Here's some of the Switch 2022 exclusives line-up

Splatoon 3

Bayonetta 3

Pokemon Arceus

Kirby: Forgotten Land

Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope

Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak

Plus:

Triangle Strategy
Advanced Wars 1+2

AND...

The Granddaddy of Them All......Zelda: BOTW2!!!

7nTA4MV.jpg

Links saying when these are releasing would be great, especially with the 2022 lineup claim.

Dream-Knife

Banned
I'm actually looking forward to that Kirby game. I'll also probably pick up BOTW 2 depending on how I feel about open world games after Elden Ring.

I really hope Xenoblade 3 comes this year.

jigglet

Banned
This is an underwhelming list, made better by a few standout games. Something like BOTW2 would make even the most anaemic list glow.

I do not consider this "bringing the heat all year long".

That being said, it's still more compelling to me than anything Sony or MS have to offer (except maybe Horizon 2).

Last edited:

fart town usa

Gold Member
Kirby looks like a lot of fun. Wonder if it's running on the Super Mario 3D World engine?

BOTW 2 is a given, not gonna be day 1 for me but it will probably be the first Switch game I actually play.

Robb

Gold Member
Yeah their lineup for 2022 seems crazy good! Hopefully it won’t be riddled with delays.

I'm actually looking forward to that Kirby game. I'll also probably pick up BOTW 2 depending on how I feel about open world games after Elden Ring.

I really hope Xenoblade 3 comes this year.

Did you BoTW?

BOTW is the real open world game, larger than Skyrim or TW3, From Soft open world is not exactly open world, it’s just interconnected dungeons

blacktout

Links saying when these are releasing would be great, especially with the 2022 lineup claim.

I think every single one of the linked trailers ends with "2022" or a specific release date. I think you're trying to insinuate that one or more of them could be delayed, which, alright, that's true of every unreleased game, dated or not, but every single game listed has been officially announced for 2022 by Nintendo. This isn't rumor-mongering or speculation.

Batiman

Banned
Gonna get bayo3, Kirby, M+R and botw2

It is looking like a pretty good year tbh. My switch hasn’t been getting much use in a while so this is nice to see. Really hoping their able to switch up the map in botw2 enough. That’s my only concern after hearing it’ll be the same map.

Dream-Knife

Banned
Did you BoTW?

BOTW is the real open world game, larger than Skyrim or TW3, From Soft open world is not exactly open world, it’s just interconnected dungeons
Ah, Elden Ring looked like it was open world to me.

Yeah, BOTW was actually the first open world game I've played since GTA SA. It was the best one I've played. I got really burned out of the genre after GOT though.

kunonabi

Only interested in Kirby and triangle strategy since the Bayonetta 3 trailer was awful and I won't pay the online subscription for splatoon 3.

Kataploom

Gold Member
STOP! Don't you know Nintendo is only selling because it's THE ONLY ONE available?! BTW, I'm yet to play Bayo 2 so that's most probably the one I'm getting, I'm ok with Xenoblade 3 for 2023 since I'm just playing 2 and having a blast

Good lineup assuming they are all delivered this year. What’s cool is there is probably a few we don’t know about that will be announced, so I’d say this is likely a great year. A lot is riding on BotW 2 though.

Ozzie666

So what your telling me, is quality software drives hardware sales, no matter how old and crusty that hardware is.

Rabbids is ubi-softs only saving grace these days. Looking forward to Switch maintaining these crazy sales.

We really, really need a Switch 2 this year. Preferably released along with BotW2, which I'm expecting this fall. The original Switch is just hopelessly outdated at this point, I don't even want to pick the thing up anymore (in fact it's been stowed away in a closet for more than 6 months now).

Switch is perfectly fine. We don’t need S2 until at least 2024…..though with chip shortages I think we’re looking at 2025

So what your telling me, is quality software drives hardware sales, no matter how old and crusty that hardware is.

Rabbids is ubi-softs only saving grace these days. Looking forward to Switch maintaining these crazy sales.

Switch is not old/crusty, it’s still in its prime

Last edited:

Petopia

Banned
The best selling console is just getting started in its 6th year

Here's some of the Switch 2022 exclusives line-up

Splatoon 3

Bayonetta 3

Pokemon Arceus

Kirby: Forgotten Land

Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope

Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak

Plus:

Triangle Strategy
Advanced Wars 1+2

AND...

The Granddaddy of Them All......Zelda: BOTW2!!!

7nTA4MV.jpg

Monster hunter ryse? Its coming to a superior platform so what heat?

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Switch is perfectly fine. We don’t need S2 until at least 2024…..though with chip shortages I think we’re looking at 2025

Switch is not old/crusty, it’s still in its prime

It's not fine to me. If you only use your Switch as a handheld, sure, it's acceptable I guess (although there are a lot of sub-native games that end up looking very soft), but the Switch is also a home console. And it looks like absolute shit on a modern TV.

Aldric

Whatever happened to that MonolithSoft action rpg they released artwork for.

That is a game I'm interested in but have seen nothing of.

monolith-soft-3.jpg

vss09wsjwui01.jpg

monolith-soft-2.jpg
They've been working on two projects since at least 2018, Xenoblade 3 and this game that's supposed to be "a brand new ambitious project for a global audience" or something like that. Apparently Xeno 3 is the more advanced project of the two and should be revealed and released first but yeah I'm really hyped about the medieval action RPG. It might be one of the launch titles for the Switch 2 if it's really that ambitious.

There's also apparently a new Fire Emblem game (not a remake) and a new 2D Donkey Kong by the Mario Odyssey studio but take it with a grain of salt. Should be a solid year regardless.

GymWolf

Gold Member
Only interested in botw2 if it comes out in 2022.

Sunbreak on pc since release date is the same this time.

Last edited:

Jacknapes

Debating getting Arceus, but definitely getting Kirby and if the sequel to Breath of the Wild comes out this year, that as well. Maybe Splatoon 3, but we'll see.

gradient

Resident Cheap Arse
Would be great if they did a remaster and port of Eternal Darkness. Fat chance, I know.

Nintendo have the patent on the santity system used in that game. I wish they'd bloody well use it. A new Eternal Darkeness or even a remaster would be awesome.

gradient

Resident Cheap Arse
Who would develop it though?

That's a good question.

I'd not be against them outsourcing it to a trusted 3rd party so long as one of their core teams has some oversight of the project. It was a great game mechanic though, and ED's whole lovecraftian style and setting could work so well if updated or given a new iteration.

BlackTron

Majoras mask was made in a year botw 2 is 5 or 6 years (depending on if you think they sat on the wii u version for a year) ; it ain’t no majora’s mask it’s an last guardian lol.

TBH it still feels parallel to me. Nintendo took how many years to make BOTW and it was just a bunch of copy/pasted content? I did consider that BOTW was finished far in advance for WiiU, but then they had to port it while modifying it and removing all Gamepad features, and then made the DLC. I don't think they began BOTW2 in earnest until after the DLC.

Releasing MM in one year for 1999-2000 Nintendo is like releasing a BOTW 2 with reused assets in 5 years for current Nintendo. Given their modern output, COVID, the fact that it's Zelda, etc.

I guess this is an indication that they have dropped my expectations to extremely low levels.

Top Bottom