• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Indie World Announced for Tomorrow 8/18 9am PT

Jooxed

Gold Member
We will see 😬 i refuse to get anxious and be dissapointed again in 2020 that Nintendo comes up with a Mini in August sounds more realistic at this point 🥺 curse you covid

Yes we will but with everything I’ve read and heard this should be a good one. Hope we get some new announcements.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Then there is good chance we see more of Sakuna?
sakuna-of-rice-and-ruin-switch-cover.jpg

Very much looking forward to this game.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Your starting to be just as insufferable. Reported for E stalking
I'll stalk your bitch ass in real life and chop off your little pp while you're clutching your Mario body pillow in your sleep, you little stanky pussy.

PS Nintendo is for babies

PSS Goodbye Volcano High > Your Switch ports

Last edited:

Jooxed

Gold Member
I'll stalk your bitch ass in real life and chop off your little pp while you're clutching your Mario body pillow in your sleep, you little stanky pussy.

PS Nintendo is for babies

PSS Goodbye Volcano High > Your Switch ports

At least I’ll be playing something in November NERD

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Kind of surprised people are trashing an indie showcase. Nintendo doesn't get traditional 3rd party support. However, the Switch is the perfect system for indies, and it's one of the main things I use the system for.
I do enjoy both Mario/Zelda games and indie games but my biggest reason I got Switch is for Japanese games that even Playstation doesn't get like SMTV, Xenoblade, Fire Emblem, Octopath, Bravely 2, Bayonetta 2/3, No more Heroes 3 and Astral Chain.

Last edited:

93xfan

Banned
Amazing Nintendo. No games scheduled for the end of the year at all and a proper direct in months and you do an indie direct. Unbelievable

Early September was the last General direct. It’s been almost a year.

Does anyone think Nintendo may be embarrassed that Indie Developers have their shit together more than they do?

Jooxed

Gold Member
Early September was the last General direct. It’s been almost a year.

Does anyone think Nintendo may be embarrassed that Indie Developers have their shit together more than they do?

Nintendo is too busy printing money to care

93xfan

Banned
I'm in the same boat. Other than Nintendo exclusives, my Switch is primarily an indie machine. Especially if they're 2D.

that’s the way I was. Now I’m just getting exclusives instead. I’ll take achievements, faster loading, but response time and forwards compatibility for the exclusives. I’ve also decided this year that Nintendo barely deserves my money.

Jooxed

Gold Member
you lost me at “busy”

bus·y
/ˈbizē/
adjective
having a great deal to do.
"he had been too busy to enjoy himself"
verb
keep occupied.
"she busied herself with her new home"

They are doing that with the money they made from animal crossing and selling switches during pandemics as opposed to making games.

Though I suppose we will see next week if they actually have anything to show.

93xfan

Banned
bus·y
/ˈbizē/
adjective
having a great deal to do.
"he had been too busy to enjoy himself"
verb
keep occupied.
"she busied herself with her new home"

They are doing that with the money they made from animal crossing and selling switches during pandemics as opposed to making games.

Though I suppose we will see next week if they actually have anything to show.

So would another example be “Nintendo was too busy to even let their fans know what was happening for a whole year outside of giving them an average Paper Mario game”?

I get that things get delayed, but to not even communicate about what is being worked on or what we have to look forward to is a new low for a company with that’s already infamous for poor communication skills.

They may be taking in cash from new purchases, but many longtime fans aren’t happy. I never thought I’d consider letting my online lapse, but I may do that. I’ve also removed many games from my wishlist on the eshop, and will be pouring less money into their ecosystem from here on out. I can’t be the only unsatisfied customer.

They may be taking in cash from new purchases, but many longtime fans aren’t happy. I never thought I’d consider letting my online lapse, but I may do that. I’ve also removed many games from my wishlist on the eshop, and will be pouring less money into their ecosystem from here on out. I can’t be the only unsatisfied customer.

You're projecting and trying too hard my man, take a break.

VertigoOA

Banned
Yea indie games that release for every platform and smartphone is so exciting.

Literal table scraps for developer support.

This is like taking the worst parts of Sony and ms’ recent indie showcases that no one gives a shit about for a entire 20 min show no one will give a shit about.

Massive fail.

perhaps. I still maintain their communication has been the worst I’ve ever seen from them (and that’s saying a lot). I feel like Mario Kart mobile got more attention from them this year

This is a weird year all around. We still haven't gotten a COD announcement. We have no gameplay (that I'm aware of) for Spider-Man DLC that will launch as the big title for the PS5. Halo just got punted to the next year because it was way undercooked. Shit's probably hard to work with right. But I agree that Nintendo has been very tone deaf with their fan engagement, I just don't think it led to that many dissatisfied customers. I mean, they did launch earlier this year what's going to be the best selling exclusive title for any console this gen.

VertigoOA

Banned
Not always, but I get your point. Who knows though, maybe this time Nintendo funded some indies, a la Cadence of Hyrule?

Just feels like these indie shows are grasping at straws. We get it. They don’t have major third party support. This doesn’t placate any desire to want the machine again.

I swear ... if not Metroid. FZERO, wave race... something that’s not binkybop cutesy shit or some overly edgy anime stuff for teenage boys.

I mean... I loved that Nintendo. Current Nintendo still feels like it’s just riding its bottom line and saying fuck it to much of what they were built on

Top Bottom