• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo hate money? Why is the switch lite still so hard to find?

Woo-Fu

Banned
When "supply constraints" is your normal operating condition a global pandemic is going to cut your unit numbers.

entremet

I keep the OG docked.
and yes pro con is a must have
handheld lite only 😇

if anything might help.
Lite has higher DPI.

same reason i prefered the normal new 3DS vs the new 3DS XL
Only reason I haven't gotten the Lite is because I heard the JoyCon issue is still prevalent. At least with the OG Switch, I can fix them myself without opening the entire system.

Eiknarf

Banned
Have you been living under a rock? Corona hit their production facilities in China and they've struggled with their supply chain ever since. They've only recently bounced back with production.
Way before Coronavirus I remember hearing and reading that Nintendo purposely manufactures only a certain amount of units to not have an over abundance of stock out there, keeping its value high.
I thought that was smart, but annoying because there was always a chance that it would be hard to find a console

There’s never a shortage of any of the Xbox or PlayStation machines. But throughout my life it was always a little more difficult for my nephews or cousins to get a Nintendo.

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
Should be but it's sold out everywhere in my area. My target does not have one in stock for 250 miles.

Hey OP, glad to hear you made it out of your coma; we were worried there for a while. I’m surprised your friends & family haven’t informEd you, but 2020 has been a whirlwind, so brace yourself.

Chief among the latest happenings is a worldwide pandemic that has killed well over 800k! It’s a highly transmissible coronavirus, Covid-19, that originated in China’s Wuhan.

Unfortunately it has hit manufacturing hard, so many products are difficult to find.

Good luck finding a Switch, I suggest you set an alert on one of the inventory websites like nowinstock.

Stay safe, being in that coma must have really hurt your immune system, so eat well and exercise!

sublimit

Banned
In my honest opinion why would you buy Switch lite? With OG Switch you can still play games in portable while gives you option to play games on TV. To me Switch Lite still no were near as portable as 3DS in order to sacrifice TV mode and there are games like Astral Chain that just better play it with Pro controller, which you would no longer have option with lite.
I got a Lite as a present but otherwise i agree i'd have never bought one myself either.

But i think it's technically possible to connect a Lite with a Pro controller although admittedly it's not the most convenient thing ever.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
No they don’t

trying right now for my niece

It READS that it’s available but it’s not

When ya go to check out it tells you that it’s out of stock

when I posted they had the green and grey. Check back every few days they restock.

Eiknarf

Banned
when I posted they had the green and grey. Check back every few days they restock.
Oh yeah
That’s what I expect

Like I said just before, Nintendo being out of stock now has nothing to do with coronavirus. It’s been like this since I’ve been around Nintendo. They purposely under-manufacture so that it stays in demand

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Oh yeah
That’s what I expect

Like I said just before, Nintendo being out of stock now has nothing to do with coronavirus. It’s been like this since I’ve been around Nintendo. They purposely under-manufacture so that it stays in demand

Yeah I can see that. Thankfully they seem to get stock every week or so. Almost bought a PS4 pro few times last few weeks for Ghost when they get them in stock lol.

Top Bottom