• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Earning Report - February 3, 2022

S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
I'm part of the problem. With Clap Hanz going mobile and Sony giving no fucks about Japan, I have a feeling we will never see Everbody's Golf again. It might be my least favorite Switch purchase of all time.
check out Golf Story if you haven't already. It's closer to the old gameboy Mario Golf than Everybody's Golf though, but it owns it.

Jesus Christ, what are these numbers?
Five years on the market and it's already over 100M units sold? Software sales that only Rockstar can surpass?
What the fuck is going on?

Nintendo first parties are indeed on GTA level. GTAV sold 160 millions in 5 systems. MK8 and ANCH selling 40m in 1 platform

Skyrim sold 30+m in 6 systems. The Witcher 3 sold 30+m in 4 systems. Zelda BOTW sold 25+m in one system

Fun fact: the Switch has now sold more first party games than any other console in the history of gaming. It overtook Wii's 373m sold first party games, and is at 375m now (actually more, this is until December 31).

Fun fact: the Switch has now sold more first party games than any other console in the history of gaming. It overtook Wii's 373m sold first party games, and is at 375m now (actually more, this is until December 31).

that's amazing! I know that Wii is an absolute monster in term of first party titles sales

Last edited:

Interfectum

Shaping up to be a long time from now.
The next Switch will be fall 2023 at the absolute latest.

My prediction: Switch Lite OLED this fall (complete with Zelda variant to go with BOTW 2), Switch Pro in Spring. Switch Pro will launch with MK9 which will also be available on OG Switch.

Last edited:
Evergreen-Software-Q3.png

Switch doesn't have a MK game. Remember that MK8 is a Wii U MK. Would be a crime skip a gen without a MK.
Unfortunately they’re not going to bother. Or if they do, they’ll put mario kart 9 deluxe on switch 2 and make us wait just as long for 10 lol.

My money is on 9 being a switch 2 exclusive and I hope it is for the sake of the visuals/track design.

Top Bottom