• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo DMCA Pokémon fan website 'Relic Castle' that stored games

Draugoth

Gold Member

GJOBWYdaoAA0Lhq

Last edited:

SaintALia

Nintendos lawyer's :

Season 2 Lawyer GIF by Martin
The Pokemon Company would be handling something like this I imagine. IIRC, they're usually far more aggressive than Nintendo when it comes to IP and roms.

I'm legit surprised anyone would create a site featuring Pokemon roms or hosting Pokemon fan games. That seems like a Bat-signal call to TPC. Seems the best bet there would be for creators to release their games, hosting download links for a while, eventually other sites pick it up and host it. Some get C&D'ed but not all, and if they do, then torrents.

But I'm not familiar with the site or situation, so what do I know.

NanaMiku

The Pokemon Company would be handling something like this I imagine. IIRC, they're usually far more aggressive than Nintendo when it comes to IP and roms.

I'm legit surprised anyone would create a site featuring Pokemon roms or hosting Pokemon fan games. That seems like a Bat-signal call to TPC. Seems the best bet there would be for creators to release their games, hosting download links for a while, eventually other sites pick it up and host it. Some get C&D'ed but not all, and if they do, then torrents.

But I'm not familiar with the site or situation, so what do I know.
Yeah this is the way for making Nintendo/Pokemon fan game. Don't announce anything and just release it when finished

Top Bottom