• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct reportedly had the most viewers of E3 2021

Tams

It's quite a sad sign for the industry/hobby that what Nintendo showed was the best.

It was the best presentation, but it was mainly a lot of shovelware, good but small games, or expansions/reiterations. At least there was gameplay. Unlike Microsoft who had big 'reveals' but little to show for them.

But there are so many games out there to play, I don't feel that strongly about it. And E3 has been on death watch for a while now; there's really not much reason for developers to bother with it from a communicating to customers standpoint.

Last edited:

Tams

You got me on that one. I really wasn’t crazy with what I saw of Metroid in terms of art style. Looked ugly compared to the beautiful metroidvanias we’ve gotten recently (Hollow Knight, Ori). Wish they went with 2D.

Hope I’m wrong but I’m guessing it will be $60.

As for advance wars, I may check it out.
Yeah, I'm not a 2.5D fan. But quite a few people seem very excited for it, so good for them.

It's 7,600 yen, so full price.

Advance Wars 1&2 looks interesting. Again with the 3D models, but I think it fits Advance Wars better.

Last edited:

Daymos

Why are we celebrating viewer numbers?? I watched both.. I didn't like the Xbox one. The Nintendo one was almost crap too but anomura at the end was good, him showing the game and watch and then botw2 was cool. I respect that guy.

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
They had the most hype going in... That said, their presentation was the best one for me, but not by a lot.

By the time Tuesday came, I had high hopes for Nintendo. They did fine.

Last edited:

Barakov

Gold Member
That's not surprising. Especially when all Nintendo's competition were example like 2k talking about diversity hires and Ubisoft doing their worst Devolver impression.

I generally feel Xbox was on par with Nintendo but the direct had more games I was interested in. It also didn't help that a lot of the Xbox stuff was in 2022/2023.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
There was no sony conference afaik?

Cant have any conference if you have nothing. Why do you think sony fans are hyping up Abandoned so much right now? They dont want to make it seems like Sony have nothing beyond a re-release of Death Stranding.

Top Bottom