• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct: Partner Showcase Released – 21/02/2024

Draugoth

Gold Member

Highlights:

- Shin Megami Tensei V - Complete Edition

- Grounded

- Disney Epic Mickey Rebrushed

- Star Wars Battlefront Collection (Classic)

-Endeless Ocean

- Unicorn Overlord Demo

- Pentiment

Last edited:

Bernoulli

M2 slut
Sleeping In Waking Up GIF by Travis

Star Wars Battlefront classic collection and Epic Mickey rebrush are a nice surprise, at least there will finally be a more modern way to play those games.

Sephimoth

lol Kingdom Come, that'll be interesting/fascinating to see performance analysis on

Nothing in the showcase to get me excited

Last edited:

SCB3

Star Wars Battlefront classic collection and Epic Mickey rebrush are a nice surprise, at least there will finally be a more modern way to play those games.
Tbh thats all there was for me, and even those are games I've played

Not much for me on this one, but some great games there though, I still need to go back to Grounded sometime

As I thought, Hifi Rush is absent. No way the Switch would be running it at 60 fps anyway.
Not being in the partner showcase in February doesn’t mean it’s not coming to switch soon. It just means it wasn’t in this particular announcement show. There’s certainly plenty of other opportunities this year, or even early next year, where it could be announced and come out very quickly afterwards. There’s no denying the game would certainly find an audience on Nintendo platforms.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Nope, I am good thanks. I already endured the awful shimmering and framerate for my review of the game the first time, this is something I will not inflict upon myself again.
This one from the PS5 version….but suit yourself. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
I mean - it's kind of a solid Direct.

Gundam looks kind of fun, I loved building them in Armored Core on PSX but always wanted more Gundamish parts - I see it's number 4 and I've never played them, might be fun. Ender Magnolia looks kind of interesting, Unicorn Overload has some amazing animation, will check out the demo. Battlefront is the newer games or the older games? I can't really tell. I'd be interested in the older games. Another Crab's Treasure looks like it could be... interesting. I'll check out the Pepper Grinder demo.

KCD coming to Switch is great - what an absolutely amazing game and honestly looked really good from the short video capture, though we'll see how it runs in the end.

Awesome to see Blast Corps coming to Switch Online. While I have the cart it'll be nice to play it whenever.

Don't really know anything about Pentiment but it looks like maybe it's interesting?

At the end of the day, a lot of games I'd get on sale but nothing compelling me to buy Day 1 of anything.

Last edited:

FeralEcho

Monster Hunter stories looks like "we have monster hunter stories 2 at home" type shit...WTF happened and Grounded on Switch looks abysmal resolutionwise and texturewise,woof,we need the Switch 2 like yesteryear, it's not funny anymore.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Great Direct, love to see stuff like Endless Ocean (even if it's randomly generated and online geared this time) and Penny's Big Breakaway (3D platformer by Sonic Mania dev).

Great to have SMTV on PC too, weird wording doesn't quite say if its the original + more or a separate story like the two SMTIV entries but going multiplat with it would imply the former.

Last edited:

bumpkin

Damn, I was really hoping we’d get a Battletoads 2020 announcement from the MS side. Not at all interested in Grounded or Pentiment.

Last edited:

Mr Hyde

Epic Mickey was a nice surprise. Never played it so a full on remake sounds great. Hoping for a physical copy there. Pentiment is a perfect fit for Switch. Weird it was relegated to the sizzle reel

Last edited:

TwiztidElf

I've been away for a few days for work.
Anyhow I'm sitting in my van in a service/petrol/gas station car park with half hour to kill, so I watch the Nintendo Partner Direct.

BOOM! Pocket Card Jockey Ride On for Switch.
FUCK. YES.
One of my favorite 3DS games.
I was cheering in my van. lol.

If this is anywhere near as good as the 3DS version, it'll be something special.
Just got home so I'm going to go download it now.
Don't sleep on this one.

Top Bottom