• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo/CyGames Mobile Gacha game Dragalia Lost is set to come to an end and shut down soon (after Main Story ends in July)

CGiRanger

Banned

Source: https://dragalialost.com/en/news/detail/3038

Regarding the Future of Dragalia Lost​

Thank you for playing the Dragalia Lost game.

This message serves to inform players about the future of the game.

The Dragalia Lost main campaign is scheduled to reach its conclusion in July of 2022 with part two of chapter 26, the final and climactic addition to its long-running story. After the main campaign has concluded, service for the game itself will come to a close at a later date. Further details on the end-of-service schedule will be provided in a future notification.

After the final set of new adventurers is added in a summon showcase scheduled for 03/30/2022 at 23:00, the game will not receive any new content updates aside from those for the main campaign and certain quests. Please note that summon showcases for existing adventurers and dragons, as well as event revivals, will continue to be made available until service has ended.

The Dragalia Lost team would like to thank each and every one of our players, past and present, for your love of and support for Dragalia Lost since its launch. It is our sincere hope that you have enjoyed your experience with the game from the moment you started playing it, and we will strive to ensure that you continue to do so for as long as time allows.

Welp, that's a bummer. It was a neat game, but CyGames could not properly monetize it. They were perhaps too generous for a gacha game for their own good :(

Last edited:

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Wow GIF

CGiRanger

Banned
Never come in Europe...so fuck Nintendo and that shit gatcha game.
This I never understood. Is this typical for gacha games to not release in Europe? Why did Nintendo only release it in such a limited manner, even after 3+ years it never expanded? Seems like a misfire for sure.

Davevil

This I never understood. Is this typical for gacha games to not release in Europe? Why did Nintendo only release it in such a limited manner, even after 3+ years it never expanded? Seems like a misfire for sure.
Maybe it's not all Nintendo's fault... rules in Europe for loot game are so restrictive in certain region

This makes me wonder about when Fortnite gets turned off and the hundreds of dollars of content I paid for is no longer accessible. I Guess we’re just idiot consumers and deserve it.

Interfectum

This makes me wonder about when Fortnite gets turned off and the hundreds of dollars of content I paid for is no longer accessible. I Guess we’re just idiot consumers and deserve it.
I mean, do you buy digital content thinking you are going to be buried with it?

Rykan

Because most mobile games are live service games which means that you will have to keep translators and possibly voice actors on board for all the major languages through out. Then there is the issue of loot box regulation in certain areas of Europe that causes issues.

All in all they probably considered it isn't worth it. Its far from the only big mobile RPG that skips Europe, a lot of them do.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
I actually played this for a bit... I then realised how much I was spending and promptly dropped it hard.

It's a shame because the premise of the game would have made a fantastic full paid RPG... especially with things like Breath of Fire being on the Capcom back burner.

Sadly it's just like so many gatcha games, a money sink with very little actual content.

Kuranghi

Vis a vis mtx for skins, a young guy at work told me he played a game (Apex maybe?) and he spent like £300 on a knife skin or something like that:

Tom Cruise What GIF

I just don't understand the motivation behind that purchase at all... I was 19 once and I did stupid shit with my money but it was more like spending 100s of my monthly pay on a night out on pay day or using a whole months student loan on a PS3 then eating beans for a month every day. Even if it was a "waste" at least I had something to show for the money, like a good experience/venereal disease or a PS3. This is just a fucking skin in a game, I think this comes down to that I never played games with friends through the internet, there is no one to "impress" with the skin lol.

He said "I didnt even really play the game much and I stopped playing a few days later" and I basically acted out this Dr. Phil gif IRL:

Oh My God Reaction GIF by reactionseditor

Top Bottom