• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo continues to prop up UK games retail | UK Boxed Charts

Astorian

Last WeekThis WeekTitle
11Animal Crossing: New Horizons
32Mario Kart 8: Deluxe
33Just Dance 2021
84Grand Theft Auto 5
75Minecraft (Switch)
46FIFA 21
107Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War
118Super Mario 3D All-Stars
99New Super Mario Bros U Deluxe
610Ring Fit Adventure

Idk anyone that buys Nintendo games digitally. They hold their value better than any other game, they are the type of games that are still fun 30 years later and if anyone thinks their digital Switch games are gonna be carried over past 1 generation at best their in for a rude awakening lol.

Edit: Oh and Nintendo shuts down their online for their consoles faster than anyone else lol.

Last edited:

Bodomism

Banned
Idk anyone that buys Nintendo games digitally. They hold their value better than any other game, they are the type of games that are still fun 30 years later and if anyone thinks their digital Switch games are gonna be carried over past 1 generation at best their in for a rude awakening lol.

Edit: Oh and Nintendo shuts down their online for their consoles faster than anyone else lol.
60% of the total software sales in the last 2 quarters were digital sales.

60% of the total software sales in the last 2 quarters were digital sales.
Total over the world or total for Nintendo?

I can see what the user is saying. If its a simple indy game on the estore ill buy it but if its a Nintendo published game you bet I'm gonna buy a hard copy.

Bodomism

Banned
Total over the world or total for Nintendo?

I can see what the user is saying. If its a simple indy game on the estore ill buy it but if its a Nintendo published game you bet I'm gonna buy a hard copy.
Total software with retail packaging for Nintendo like BOTW, ACNH, MK8D, and etc = 60% digital sales of total software sales in the last 2 quarters.

I do, and yes, the risks you mention do worry me.

But I am 90% digital for two reasons: firstly, I play in handheld exclusively, so it's convenient to have basically everything available all the time, and secondly because it means I can install the same games on my wife's Switch, so she can play them whenever she wants too.

If these games don't carry over to the Switch 2, then you can bet I won't be repeating the mistake on that however.

Also PS5 is still sold out everywhere. It's easy for Nintendo to dominate sales when there's nothing available for the competition to sell.

Top Bottom