• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Confirms That Splatoon 3's Shiver Identifies As Female

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Yeah, no effect until some child you know is groomed to believe taking hormones not intended for them that cause them to lead a suicidal and very unhappy life.

The ideology is linked to some very dark and horrible stuff

Sure, kids getting surgeries/hormones is a worthy topic of debate.

People being non-binary is pretty far off from that. Honestly it's the thing that makes the most sense to me.. growing up and seeing tons of women who don't fit the concept we have of "femininity" and aren't necessarily lesbians. Lots of men want to be "feminine" but aren't gay as well.. it's just a thing, and no big deal.

If anything it's a good stop-gap to be accepting of non-binary as it's a much less drastic version of being trans and having surgery.

Last edited:

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
SURE
GREAT GO
AHEAD
MAKE
A
TREAD
ABOUT
IT

WE ALL AT GAF ARE BEGGING
TO
KNOW
WHAT WILL BE
THE NEXT FICTIONAL CHARACTERS SEX
BRO

PLEASE MAKE TELL US MORE

WILL I
BE ABLE TO IDENTIFY WITH MISS PACMAN?
OR WILL I BE LEFT DISSAPOINTED???

WHO KNOWS WHATS NEXT ???

Last edited:

just_jr

aGZyZxX_700b.jpg

Last edited:
People being non-binary is pretty far off from that. Honestly it's the thing that makes the most sense to me.. growing up and seeing tons of women who don't fit the concept we have of "femininity" and aren't necessarily lesbians. Lots of men want to be "feminine" but aren't gay as well.. it's just a thing, and no big deal.
Yes, we have those. They are called Tomboys and femboys, hell Androgynous is another commonly used term.
If anything it's a good stop-gap to be accepting of non-binary as it's a much less drastic version of being trans and having surgery.
Trans is not the same as the above terms. Nonbinary doesn't exist. It is the active promoting of antiscientific nonsense and should never be accepted as a normal thing.

IntentionalPun

Trans is not the same as the above terms. Nonbinary doesn't exist. It is the active promoting of antiscientific nonsense and should never be accepted as a normal thing.

People literally laugh at tomboys and femboys.. actively promoting the idea that they aren't "real men" or "real women." You do that long enough and what do you expect of the people who've never REALLY been allowed to "own" the idea of being a man or a woman, because people treated them as "other"?

If we had a more accepting society we might have less people feeling othered, and thus not wanting to be deemed as "an other."

It is science, the science of psychology. And I have empathy for the people involved, even though I can't directly relate.

People literally laugh at tomboys and femboys.. actively promoting the idea that they aren't "real men" or "real women." You do that long enough and what do you expect of the people who've never REALLY been allowed to "own" the idea of being a man or a woman, because people treated them as "other"?
Some do. Does that mean we should stop using these terms and instead push blatantly antiscientific claims? No. No we should not.

Some people are also racist. Should we do away with the concepts of race? Some people are sexist. Should we do away with sexes altogether? No. That would be retarded.

If we had a more accepting society we might have less people feeling othered, and thus not wanting to be deemed as "an other."
Humanity is full of assholes. Doesn't mean we should start denying science because some folks are as sensitive and thin skinned as graphene. People need to grow the hell up and move on instead of crying about how we aren't "Accepting" them.

It is science, the science of psychology. And I have empathy for the people involved, even though I can't directly relate.
No. No it is not. Psychology, at least of any real value, does not deny basic scientific principles. Nonbinary doesn't exist, has never existed, and will continue to not exist.

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
Kirby is a vore with undiagnosed pica eating disorder. I'm not sure how the lore goes if it's able to asexually reproduce or not.

If you want a fun ride, that tlc slow where the guy fucked his car also talks about people with Pica one lady couldn't stop eating powered stain remover.

There's a little pink bastard who's eating even faster
His name is Kirby, bitch, and he's the motherfucking master
Eats big things, spits them out with great force
So that got me thinking 'bout my dick of course
You know he's DTF, this ain't Super Smash Brothers
Kirby's banned from tournaments, for fucking all your mothers.

Yeah, yeah, that's right I'm fucking Kirby in the back of my car
He's transporting on my dick like it's a motherfucking Warp Star
You never see his tongue, but you better know it's there
'Cause once he's got it sprung, you gotta look it up on FourSquare
Three bitches just checked up into that shit
Zelda, Peach and Lolo's girlfriend like a big banana split
Kirby's dick's a yellow fruit, just chillin' in the middle
Hanging over each edge, make your Double D's appear little
Scratch that bitch, they sucking on a Twinkie
Dip the cream on their lips, wipe it off with girly pinkies
Everyone satisfied when that little pink guy
Starts creeping up their thighs, but they better get in line
'Cause I'm fucking Kirby tonight
And I'll never have a better night, a better night
Excuse me! Did somebody say Meta Knight?
No! Fuck off!

He's like a little pink potato
Suckin' on balls like they're Metamatoes
Screamin' "Oh God" like a double rainbow
What does it mean, motherfucker?
It can't be wrong if it feels right
We're painting Dreamland white
'Cause we are slamming Kirby tonight
I bloody love this place.

IntentionalPun

Some do. Does that mean we should stop using these terms and instead push blatantly antiscientific claims? No. No we should not.

Some people are also racist. Should we do away with the concepts of race? Some people are sexist. Should we do away with sexes altogether? No. That would be retarded.

Nobody is suggesting we do away with any terms. You are arguing against something nobody is saying.

Like how can you just go "well we call them femboys and tomboys" (terms invented to describe a difference between people and what we think is the "norm", when scientifically.. not really a thing is it?) but sit and complain about "non-binary" as if it's some attack on science? Saying non-binary isn't a denial of the science of being biologically male or female.

But to say "some do" is an understatement. You literally just used common terms which do EXACTLY what I said, they tell someone you aren't a "real" boy/girl, your this other thing in between.

It's literally just a different word for something people were already doing; othering those people and telling them they aren't really a man or a woman.

Last edited:

93xfan

Banned

It’s all part of the same ideology.

Women exist and they can be tomboys. Feminine men exist too. You don’t get special treatment, sympathy, and worship for not fitting all the stereotypes.

Last edited:
Nobody is suggesting we do away with any terms. You are arguing against something nobody is saying.
You are actively defending the term of Nonbinary which was used in an effort by ideological retards to promote false sciences and dismiss/change the terms already being used.

Like how can you just go "well we call them femboys and tomboys" (terms invented to describe a difference between people and what we think is the "norm", when scientifically.. not really a thing is it?) but sit and complain about "non-binary" as if it's some attack on science? Saying non-binary isn't a denial of the science of being biologically male or female.
If you genuinely can’t understand, then that says more about your willful ignorance than anything.

But to say "some do" is an understatement. You literally just used common terms which do EXACTLY what I said, they tell someone you aren't a "real" boy/girl, your this other thing in between.

It's literally just a different word for something people were already doing; othering those people and telling them they aren't really a man or a woman.
And those people need to, say it with me now:
seth meyers get help GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

But keep defending these mindless dumbasses and purposefully pushing disingenuous arguments. I, and the rest of the scientific world, will continue to laugh.

Preferably one that isn’t also peddling this ideological nonsense.

IntentionalPun

You are actively defending the term of Nonbinary which was used in an effort by ideological retards to promote false sciences and dismiss/change the terms already being used.
Adding a term doesn't remove the others.

At the point where you are calling me disingenuous yeah whatever.

Go on calling people a name meant to differentiate them from normal gender roles, while telling them not to call themselves a name that does the same lol

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
1jbofkE.png

Source: Nintendo Life
https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2...-that-splatoon-3s-shiver-identifies-as-female

Look at all this now debunked detective work people did a week ago, seriously:

It's all here for anyone who cares:
https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2...be-nintendos-first-major-non-binary-character

i have an inkling (hah) people are so desperate for what they consider to be proper representation in games they clearly went all charlie/pepe silvia, from sunny in Philadelphia.

8w4chWc.jpg

The long search for representation for non binary people in Nintendo made games continues... A crying shame I'm sure most of you will agree. I for one, am outraged that shiver is female. Maybe one day Japan will realise there are at least 2 dozen genders and a hundred pronouns. They are so backwards. I can't tolerate intolerant people. Fuck Shiver right in her disgusting female parts. That'll learn her/she/inkling. #Squidshavemorethan2genders
Let’s be honest, we’d all cum up that things ass either way.

Tams

Gold Member
Oops, should have checked here before posting in off-topic.

Anyway, the character is clearly based on a Japanese female Yanki. The mentally ill can think whatever they want, so long as they keep it amongst themselves.

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
Is this supposed to mean anything to me? Fictional characters are fake. This is literally nothing.

93xfan

Banned

Try calling a self-proclaimed "non-binary" person a biological male or female. Let me know how that goes for you.

Tams

Gold Member
Try calling a self-proclaimed "non-binary" person a biological male or female. Let me know how that goes for you.

I remove myself from their presence (unless its somewhere I want to be, in which case I try to get them to leave) as soon as possible and do my best to never meet them again. And yes, this is something that I've had to do in the last six months. I was on my best behaviour and managed to not roll my eyes and laugh when said they were "non-binary" - and yes, it was almost the first thing that came out of their mouth.

Toons

Banned
I remove myself from their presence (unless its somewhere I want to be, in which case I try to get them to leave) as soon as possible and do my best to never meet them again. And yes, this is something that I've had to do in the last six months. I was on my best behaviour and managed to not roll my eyes and laugh when said they were "non-binary" - and yes, it was almost the first thing that came out of their mouth.

This sounds like a terrible way to interact with people whove done nothing wrong to you.

IntentionalPun

I've witnessed convos among "non-binary" people using the term "biological female" or other variations of that.. so.. you'd have to be more specific.

Not all non-binary people are crazy terminally online weirdos. The whole explanation is that gender is separate from sex. You can argue against that, but it intrinsically recognizes a difference, therefor the existence of biological sex.

It's certainly safer than cutting yourself up or taking hormones.

93xfan

Banned

We need to stop compromising full-stop and just tell people reality. 2 genders unless you have a very rare birth defect.

compromising and false compassion is what lead us to where we are today.

The information is out there that there are over 10 studies that have shown that 80% of people with gender-dysphoria end grow out of it and feel comfortable about their biological sex by age 18. That is, if they are left alone and not affirmed. But pointing that out will get you labeled hateful. Instead we are told to pump them with off-label drugs (that once on, they never want to go off of). The psychological effects of it are devastating and often lead to suicide attempts, even in more "tolerant" societies.

The real hateful people are those who care more about themselves and their image than children's lives and won't consider the truth for fear of being labeled a bigot.

IntentionalPun

We need to stop compromising full-stop and just tell people reality. 2 genders unless you have a very rare birth defect.

The information is out there that there are over 10 studies that have shown that 80% of people with gender-dysphoria end grow out of it and feel comfortable about their biological sex by age 18. That is, if they are left alone and not affirmed. But pointing that out will get you labeled hateful. Instead we are told to pump them with off-label drugs (that once on, they never want to go off of). The psychological effects of it are devastating and often lead to suicide attempts, even in more "tolerant" societies.

The real hateful people are those who care more about themselves and their image than children's lives and won't consider the truth for fear of being labeled a bigot.
You just endlessly want to talk about trans people in a thread about non-binary..

I'm talking about non-binary people in this thread.. any thoughts? lol

Toons

Banned

You're talking about trans people, not non binary. Non binary individuals don't get pumped with anything

And even if there was legit correlation between suicide attempts and gender identity issues, those wouldn't be solved by trying to box in people with gender identity issues and forcing them to contend with the mistreatment that comes with it either way.

I csn understand this is a heated discussion but i will never advocate for forcing my way onto people whose experience differs from mine in that, especially if they are able to be functional living life as they so choose.

I think freedom to express oneself is something that is largely a demonized thing even today, and I'm not particularly concerned about the "correctness" of it in instances where compassion and letting one live is an option.

Trying to force one to accept something is no different than others trying to force you to see things their way. I definitely think there's more research and development needing to be done, but in the mean time it hurts no one to just be cordial.

Thats all I'm going to say on the topic.

Last edited:

Tams

Gold Member
This sounds like a terrible way to interact with people whove done nothing wrong to you.
Why should I spend time with people I don't want to be around?

These people often have these issues define their personality and I can't stand being around those people. In this case she (as far as I could discern or cared) met the stereotype and was just going on and on about being non-binary. Everything always went back to that. So I left. Would you rather I have stayed? If I'd wanted to stay, why should I have put up with that nonsense? I'd have just ignored them (which generally gets people to go away).

I don't say these things to these people's faces. I don't make fun of them (those who I meet) to other people who might interact with those people in real life. But I don't want anything to do with them. And if I had children I'd not want these people trying to spread their nonsense and mental illness to them.

tl;dr: We can and are allowed to interact, or not, with whomever we wish.

Last edited:

Toons

Banned
Why should I spend time with people I don't want to be around?

These people often have these issues define their personality and I can't stand being around those people. In this case she (as far as I could discern or cared) met the stereotype and was just going on and on about being non-binary. Everything always went back to that. So I left. Would you rather I have stayed? If I'd wanted to stay, why should I have put up with that nonsense? I'd have just ignored them (which generally gets people to go away).

I don't say these things to these people's faces. I don't make fun of them to other people who might interact with those people in real life. But I don't want anything to do with them.

You said it was a general rule to avoid individuals living a different lifestyle than you.... for literally no reason. That means you're making the issue define YOUR personality does it not?

I dont know anything about one specific instance with one person; that person could've been a douchebag, but if you're going in with a general rule to avoid people simply for being different, thats a you problem not a them problem.

Last edited:

Banned
my take on non-binary is that most people that claim they are non-binary are just either trend chasing, really dumb or have self indoctrinated in the hopes to find friends/a group to belong to.

all non-binary people say is that if your are male you have to be a stereotype, if you are female you have to be a stereotype.
which imo is an extremely hurtful rhetoric.

it makes about as much sense as saying "I'm not gathering resources and hunting animals in a group of small settlements, I only eat plants and do so by choice!... so I'm clearly not human!"

Last edited:

93xfan

Banned
You just endlessly want to talk about trans people in a thread about non-binary..

I'm talking about non-binary people in this thread.. any thoughts? lol
the ideology is connected, even if you don't see it.

But to answer your question directly, about "non-binary people", I think I liked them better as tomboys and the other names they were called. They didn't get up in your face with this narcissistic, attention seeking attitude when you "mis-gender" them. I've always felt different and thought it was bullshit that I should have to like certain types of liquor and following sports teams just because I'm a man. But I never pretended I needed some extra compassion, nor demanded people address me a certain way when speaking about me. People can be such attention whores (or authoritarians) with this stuff.

Last edited:

Tams

Gold Member
You said it was a general rule to avoid individuals living a different lifestyle than you.... for literally no reason. That means you're making the issue define YOUR personality does it not?

I dont know anything about one specific instance with one person; that person could've been a douchebag, but if you're going in with a general rule to avoid people simply for being different, thats a you problem not a them problem.

You're now making it sound like I avoid anyone who is different to me. Just to be clear, that is absolutely not the case.

I avoid some types of people though, as either I have enough experience with them that they are not good to be around, or, in this case, that they are logically not sound or healthy.

Denying that the vast, vast, vast majority of humans are born either male or female is denying extremely sound scientific evidence and just every day life. You either have a penis and are male, not matter what you think, or have a vagina and breasts that can produce milk and are female. That's it.

Now, you can act like the other sex if you want. Fine by me. But if you incessantly talk about it (and bringing it up soon in a conversation is a sure sign of that), then I have no interest in you and will exercise my free will and right to have nothing to do with you.

Toons

Banned
You're now making it sound like I avoid anyone who is different to me. Just to be clear, that is absolutely not the case.

I avoid some types of people though, as either I have enough experience with them that they are not good to be around, or, in this case, that they are logically not sound or healthy.

Denying that the vast, vast, vast majority of humans are born either male or female is denying extremely sound scientific evidence and just every day life. You either have a penis and are male, not matter what you think, or have a vagina and breasts that can produce milk and are female. That's it.

Now, you can act like the other sex if you want. Fine by me. But if you incessantly talk about it (and bringing it up soon in a conversation is a sure sign of that), then I have no interest in you and will exercise my free will and right to have nothing to do with you.

That's fine. I personally always want to hear the perspectives of others. I dont always have to agree with them but as long as they can respect my perspective I can respect theres. Non binary has nothing to do with genitals however. Its a psychological discussion, not a biological on. I've met women that emotionally and mentally are more like men, but not physically. Were still very early in research into that sort of overlap.

I do agree that it doesn't need to be the center of one's persona however.

Banned
That's fine. I personally always want to hear the perspectives of others. I dont always have to agree with them but as long as they can respect my perspective I can respect theres. Non binary has nothing to do with genitals however. Its a psychological discussion, not a biological on. I've met women that emotionally and mentally are more like men, but not physically. Were still very early in research into that sort of overlap.

see that's the issue tho. who says those women are mentally like men? that's such a subjectively and culturally driven thing that I find it completely nonsensical to even think that way.

a hundred years ago Pink was a male color... go back further and you'll see rich men running around in skintight pants, flower stitchings on their clothes and big wigs, extremely feminine to modern standards.

we all are somewhere in the middle, almost noone is fully black or white, we are all grey, and it's just stupid to basically be like "but I'm even more grey than you!"... like why on earth does that matter in any way?

and it wouldn't even be an issue if the narcissists among them weren't so militant about it and if the LGBT crowd wasn't so afraid to call out bullshit when they see it. I bet many find it just as dumb.
as someone who isn't completely straight either, I absolutely do that's for sure.

Last edited:
No I'm not. I'm getting sick of snowflakes getting catered while this impacts the narrative to a point that it feels forced.
It kills the fun of a game if it's a tacked on social aspect just for the sake of inclusiveness.

Let the whiners whine and the gamers game.

TLOU2 is a good example of fitting sexuality. A girl who finds out she's a Lesbian. No problems with that.

Splatoon is a prime example of needless gender fluidity/ identity. It feels forced and add nothing to the experience.
Yeah, it adds irritations.

It's a simple matter of 1 word: CONTEXT.
And in Splatoons context, gender identification is straight up horseshit.
last of us 2 is one of the worst examples...

The dumbest part of the “representation matters” mindset is that they feel like they NEED to make their token diversity character into some boring-ass, anti-stereotypical Mary Sue. The purpose of the character is to be an infomercial for how wonderful some identity can be.

And if there’s some non-heterosexual relationship, they portray it as totally tender, loving, unremarkable, and utterly boring. Like they make it as obvious as possible that it’s only there to promote diversity instead of being essential to the plot.

Want to really show that “representation matters”? How about don’t be afraid to make them into actual characters. Make some gay/non-binary/minority characters that are villains, assholes, hubristic/overconfident authority figures, or morally ambiguous. Make them have actual flaws and get into conflicts with their partner.
its always had homophobic undertones when they call gay dudes effeminate, soft, and "in touch with with their emotions"

see that's the issue tho. who says those women are mentally like men? that's such a subjectively and culturally driven thing that I find it completely nonsensical to even think that way.

a hundred years ago Pink was a male color... go back further and you'll see rich men running around in skintight pants, flower stitchings on their clothes and big wigs, extremely feminine to modern standards.

we all are somewhere in the middle, almost noone is fully black or white, we are all grey, and it's just stupid to basically be like "but I'm even more grey than you!"... like why on earth does that matter in any way?

and it wouldn't even be an issue if the narcissists among them weren't so militant about it and if the LGBT crowd wasn't so afraid to call out bullshit when they see it. I bet many find it just as dumb.
as someone who isn't completely straight either, I absolutely do that's for sure.
its also suspect in all these mediums that more than half the cast is lgbtq when last i checked in the real world they are lucky to even be 5% of the population

Toons

Banned

This is a situation where some people are just experiencing it differently. You said you're not completely straight so I'm sure you can understand it better than me, who is completely straight. Some people may have an inclination one way or another, and choose to just pick straight or gay. For others it could go different ways depending on a lot of factors. It could be the same thing for a woman who's pretty masculine but may feel like she's not really feminine at all despite having books and a vag.

Theres so many variables that im not going to outright dismiss the chance someone could fall in the middle and not really be sure where they fit. I think by exploring these or letting people explore it themselves we can grow as a society and not be so blocked off. Dure it could be a mental illness but we csnt really get rid of those either so there's gotta be some way to deal with it constructively.

My principal is just to be nice to people. Everything else tends to fall into place beyond that.

IntentionalPun

the ideology is connected, even if you don't see it.

But to answer your question directly, about "non-binary people", I think I liked them better as tomboys and the other names they were called. They didn't get up in your face with this narcissistic, attention seeking attitude when you "mis-gender" them. I've always felt different and thought it was bullshit that I should have to like certain types of liquor and following sports teams just because I'm a man. But I never pretended I needed some extra compassion, nor demanded people address me a certain way when speaking about me. People can be such attention whores (or authoritarians) with this stuff.
I've never experienced any sort of dramatic encounter with a non-binary person and I live in Seattle, WA. lol

You are just over-reacting to something to me... and you have overly paranoid thoughts about trans issues as well. For the most part people who transition are happy with it. We should be cautious for sure, for that 3%.. but that's why we have doctors who specialize in talking to kids about this shit, and do not approve transitioning for every kid who wants to. Lots of SCIENCE behind all of that as well, as you know.. the general scientific community does not actually agree with you, despite you apparently being a "part of" that community lol

In the end we all know some people are different as it pertains to gender norms. That's a fact. We for much of history ridiculed these people and it should stop. That's the end of it.. having to call someone "they" is hardly that big of a deal compared to people who've harmed nobody, having to deal with ridicule and sometimes imprisonment or death.

Last edited:
my take on non-binary is that most people that claim they are non-binary are just either trend chasing, really dumb or have self indoctrinated in the hopes to find friends/a group to belong to.

all non-binary people say is that if your are male you have to be a stereotype, if you are female you have to be a stereotype.

it makes about as much sense as saying "I'm not gathering resources and hunting animals in a group of small settlements, I only eat plants and do so by choice!... so I'm clearly not human!"
all this activism and inclusiveness is funny enough predicated indirectly on both homophobic and sexist (to both men and women) views yet they don't seem to get it. lil nas x literally talks about how gay people shouldnt constantly be put in a box yet they are and its not by the conventional a holes

IntentionalPun

This comment is so patently ridiculous.

People have been ridiculed since forever, and still are ridiculed, for not fitting gender norms. Girls dealing with everyone and their mother telling them to wear more makeup, or at worst called a "Dyke" or other ridicule even if they aren't a lesbian. Boys obviously just being lumped in as sissy/faggot/whatever for being remotely feminine.

To sit and claim people who've dealt with that, are the ones with "hurtful rhetoric" is absolutely ridiculous.. and incredibly.. harmful rhetoric.

Just a ridiculous denial of the reality we've all grown up in.. where treating people as "less than" for being different, despite it not harming anyone, was the norm.

"Oh no they were just tomboys and femboys and that's OK! We are all so accepting of that, so what's the problem?" fuck outta here with this nonsense

Last edited:

Tams

Gold Member

'Non-binary' does have to do with genitalia though. And this nonsense had spread to language. I call a female 'she/her' and a male 'he/him'. It's to identify what sex they are, which you can't choose.

Psychologically, why the fuck does it matter? Deal with what's there, not this back up rubbish.

These people, including you, are saying what are cultural and social issues are hard science. They aren't. Stop.

This comment is so patently ridiculous.

People have been ridiculed since forever, and still are ridiculed, for not fitting gender norms. Girls dealing with everyone and their mother telling them to wear more makeup, or at worst called a "Dyke" or other ridicule even if they aren't a lesbian. Boys obviously just being lumped in as sissy/faggot/whatever for being remotely feminine.

To sit and claim people who've dealt with that, are the ones with "hurtful rhetoric" is absolutely ridiculous.. and incredibly.. harmful rhetoric.

Just a ridiculous denial of the reality we've all grown up in.. where treating people as "less than" for being different, despite it not harming anyone, was the norm.

"Oh no they were just tomboys and femboys and that's OK! We are all so accepting of that, so what's the problem?" fuck outta here with this nonsense

Tantrum Crying GIF

Top Bottom