• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Confirms That Splatoon 3's Shiver Identifies As Female

Tangerine

Kirby is a vore with undiagnosed pica eating disorder. I'm not sure how the lore goes if it's able to asexually reproduce or not.

If you want a fun ride, that tlc slow where the guy fucked his car also talks about people with Pica one lady couldn't stop eating powered stain remover.
There's a little pink bastard who's eating even faster
His name is Kirby, bitch, and he's the motherfucking master
Eats big things, spits them out with great force
So that got me thinking 'bout my dick of course
You know he's DTF, this ain't Super Smash Brothers
Kirby's banned from tournaments, for fucking all your mothers.

Yeah, yeah, that's right I'm fucking Kirby in the back of my car
He's transporting on my dick like it's a motherfucking Warp Star
You never see his tongue, but you better know it's there
'Cause once he's got it sprung, you gotta look it up on FourSquare
Three bitches just checked up into that shit
Zelda, Peach and Lolo's girlfriend like a big banana split
Kirby's dick's a yellow fruit, just chillin' in the middle
Hanging over each edge, make your Double D's appear little
Scratch that bitch, they sucking on a Twinkie
Dip the cream on their lips, wipe it off with girly pinkies
Everyone satisfied when that little pink guy
Starts creeping up their thighs, but they better get in line
'Cause I'm fucking Kirby tonight
And I'll never have a better night, a better night
Excuse me! Did somebody say Meta Knight?
No! Fuck off!

He's like a little pink potato
Suckin' on balls like they're Metamatoes
Screamin' "Oh God" like a double rainbow
What does it mean, motherfucker?
It can't be wrong if it feels right
We're painting Dreamland white
'Cause we are slamming Kirby tonight

Tangerine

I was so happy to see everyone cheer and clap when they showed Hogwarts at ONL. More evidence that the other forum is made up of a tiny tiny percentage of gamers.
I thought the same. I was waiting with bated breath for the clapping to start, heh.

Glad to see a large majority on Nintendo Life agreed with my comment. I was right they did turn comments off after 160ish replies to the news story.

deG3S6a.jpg

Blowing my own trumpet a bit but still, my post, is one of the most liked (79) out of all 160 posts. After a quick skim read, it looks like mine is the highest actually. There's similar sentiments from others with similar high like counts. It's obvious what the majority think. You wouldn't guess it from the biased moderation over there... I'm surprised my post stayed up. My following two posts were deleted by mods however.

Much like rotten tomatoes. Critics Vs audience film ratings, and the discrepancies when it's woke...perhaps it's similar to that.

Always more telling what the audience and commenters have to say/how they vote/react... being more representative than those who have made a name for themselves and could have it taken away if they are canceled. People's livelyhoods. It's often not worth it in their minds to rock the boat... otherwise they face the woke mob.

VN1X

Banned
I thought the same. I was waiting with bated breath for the clapping to start, heh.

Glad to see a large majority on Nintendo Life agreed with my comment. I was right they did turn comments off after 160ish replies to the news story.

deG3S6a.jpg

Blowing my own trumpet a bit but still, my post, is one of the most liked (79) out of all 160 posts. After a quick skim read, it looks like mine is the highest actually. There's similar sentiments from others with similar high like counts. It's obvious what the majority think. You wouldn't guess it from the biased moderation over there... I'm surprised my post stayed up. My following two posts were deleted by mods however.

Much like rotten tomatoes. Critics Vs audience film ratings, and the discrepancies when it's woke...perhaps it's similar to that.

Always more telling what the audience and commenters have to say/how they vote/react... being more representative than those who have made a name for themselves and could have it taken away if they are canceled. People's livelyhoods. It's often not worth it in their minds to rock the boat... otherwise they face the woke mob.
Wow I'm surprised your comment is still up (I gave it a like!) as everytime I check the comments for these kinds of articles it's full of people exclaiming The Message(tm) and I've had numerous (benign) posts removed because I wasn't parroting them.

daffyduck

Binary is 0’s and 1’s, anything falling outside of that probably leads to the blue screen of death.
Shouldn't it mean the pronouns are they/them? Never mind the glossed over cultural appropriation of referring to ones self as "non-binary" in the first place.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
It's just a fictional, videogame squid...

How have we come to this point? Who fucking cares about it's sexual inclinations? If the game isn't about people having sex or some kind of modern day drama, then fuck that shit, we don't need that shoved up every piece of media, because it just doesn't make any sense.

What's next? I was thinking of trying out Company of Heroes 2 this afternoon, so... does anyone know the sexual preferences of the russian tank T-34?

Oh! And there's also Soul Hackers 2 coming out. What about Jack Frost? Is it more of a hee? Or is it a total ho?

taizuke

Japan is the last place where companies are allowed to not care about rainbows. I mean last place that makes real money, there are many places, but Nintendo has made anti rainbow stances in games and stuck with them.

I know what you mean and if it had been any Japanese spokesperson I'd be with you but it was Nate Bihldorff who said it.

I could see them issuing an apology and implying it was taken out of context or some other excuse.

Fbh

Lol I feel for the poor people at these companies having to answer these stupid ass questions with a straight face.

Interviews before:
"So this new cartoony character looks fun, does she have any special abilities that player will be able to use in the game?", "Can we expect her to have a significant role in the story?"

Interviews now:
"So this new cartoony character, what gender do they indentify as? Can we get more details on their sex life? What, exactly, does it have between their legs? What side of the Strapon do you think they'd be more inclined to enjoy?"

Last edited:
Isn't Kirby non-binary?
Toads are. So there’s that, for people that *need* to know that a made-up non-human video game character doesn’t identify as a specific gender.

If such a person exists, which I’m not sure that they actually do. Lmao

Last edited:

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Some people have such a desperate need to see transgender and non-binary characters everywhere they look. Like if they believe it hard enough it will become true.

Reminds me of when some people thought (wished) that Link in BotW would be female.

Last edited:
"Identify as"? Well, you are either an X or Y chromosome, lol. There is no choice.😂
There are occasionally people who are born XXY, rather than XX or XY. It's rare, but it does happen. Of course, it's really a genetic disorder wherein a male gets an extra X and the sees a reduction in typical male secondary sex traits. They might also not produce any sperm.

supernova8

Banned
Many fans were pleased to see this small but significant step forward for inclusivity and representation in first-party Nintendo games, and it seemed unlikely to be a coincidence. However, Nintendo has now confirmed that Shiver identifies as female and will use she/her pronouns in the game.

While some Splatoon fans will be unphased by this confirmation one way or another, there will be others for whom this may come as a disappointment. The game already eschews binary male/female options in its character creator (you're offered different styles rather than a specifically gendered character), but as one of the company's most exciting and — yes — freshest IPs, it felt like the perfect game to introduce a little more diversity into the world of Nintendo.
I could be way off the mark but...... surely the many and some are in the wrong places in these two paragraphs.

Filben

What's the obsession with whom I'm identifying as?

Never ever have I asked a person about her sex, gender, and/or sexual preferences. Some people seem to care but for me this is simply not a relevant information.

Forsythia

Non-binary, dumbest shit every. So few people on the planet are actually biologically non-binary, this is a non-issue. The idiots claiming to be non-binary are just doing so because it's the hip thing to do. First it was being gay/lesbian/bisexual, then it was being trans, and now it's non-binary. It's the new emo imho.

93xfan

Banned
Non-binary, dumbest shit every. So few people on the planet are actually biologically non-binary, this is a non-issue. The idiots claiming to be non-binary are just doing so because it's the hip thing to do. First it was being gay/lesbian/bisexual, then it was being trans, and now it's non-binary. It's the new emo imho.
It makes them feel special without having or commit to anything.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole

deG3S6a.jpg

Japan has had the concept of non-binary probably longer than it's even been used in the US.

But either way I just don't care to tell people to not want non-binary/queer characters in games. They want it, and it doesn't bother me.. so for me it's like "sure, give them what they want, it has no effect on me and seems to make them happy."

Drew1440

I'm sure they will get upset, and then move onto something else to get upset at.
That. Is very interesting and disturbing...and pretty damning too.

Definitely something I'll share. Something I hope is already widely known and I'm out the loop.

Otherwise Tim Pool, Lotus Eaters (Sargon), Dave Rubin, Matt Walsh, Andrew Knowles etc. etc. should run news stories on it. Maybe they already have though? But maybe it needs repeating and or it's a bigger problem now. An evolving/developing problem...
Interesting, so that's why Elon was interested in Twitters bot count.

93xfan

Banned
Japan has had the concept of non-binary probably longer than it's even been used in the US.

[/URL]

But either way I just don't care to tell people to not want non-binary/queer characters in games. They want it, and it doesn't bother me.. so for me it's like "sure, give them what they want, it has no effect on me and seems to make them happy."
Yeah, no effect until some child you know is groomed to believe taking hormones not intended for them that cause them to lead a suicidal and very unhappy life.

The ideology is linked to some very dark and horrible stuff

Top Bottom