• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo completes its acquisitions of Dynamo Pictures, rebranded as Nintendo Pictures

Surprisingly no big talk of this. I find it interesting that after all these years nintendo are actually getting serious about adapting their IP into movies and tv again. They had some one off efforts, new super mario bros show, legend of zelda show, Captain N, donkey kong country, kirby, im not sure if they have rights to pokemon….etc

But it seems like it was licensed out before to different production companies. Now it looks like they are bringing it in-house like Sony.

jaysius

Banned

I hope that all the people that made this are made into glue or some kind of paste, we really don't need this.

We could do with more of this though.

Last edited:
Interesting. Let’s see how it works out this time around, I think having this stuff in house will be a game changer.

I’m interested in seeing what type of personalities nintendo assigns its characters through these movies. They’ve relied so long on the silent protagonist heroes….i remember how ridiculous their characters sounded in the 90’s. Very westernized

Last edited:

Jinzo Prime

While I know he can be annoying, MatPat just did a feature on this with a mix of wild speculation and actual information (as usual):

What do ya'll want to see Nintendo do with this studio?

Skifi28

8JR3C6S.jpg

AREYOUOKAY?

Lack of cooperation between branches has been a problem for Sony. They couldn't even manage to produce or distribute Ratchet & Clank via the movie studio they own.
"Rainmaker released its second theatrical feature film, Ratchet & Clank based on the video game series of the same name by Insomniac Games, in the first quarter of 2016 to financial failure. This poor reception to the film caused Rainmaker to take a $10 million impairment charge on their investment in the production"

BQ3HIxV.jpg

after the recruitment phase and team building, we will probably see the first content in about 5 years or so.

interesting what they will come up with.

GeekyDad

No surprise at all. And as I've said before, with all the subscription-based entertainment channels now beginning to offer gaming via stream, it only makes sense for Nintendo to jump on board that bandwagon, though it be in reverse.

Bragr

Banned
This is apparently a relatively new company that got over 100 employees and has done CGI on stuff like Metroid: Other M and Final Fantasy XV and tons of anime shows, including Ghost in the Shell.

I'm not sure if they are gonna make CGI for some games or go straight to movies, but this is no doubt a direction that is sweeping the game industry. The promotional benefit of movies and TV is massive. From Arcane on Netflix to the Sonic movies, it's a no-brainer at this point. Just look at the boost that CD Project RED got with the Witcher and Cyberpunk shows. Every big publisher is looking at this now, and Nintendo got so much money from the monster success of the Switch that they are moving into theme parks and movies as fast as they can.

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
We need a Splatoon show with no subtitles and entirely in that autistic language they've created.
Careful what you wish. Mel Gibson may be down to direct that.

The Sonic movies changed minds. Young people 6 and under know Sonic now. Its smart to give it another shot.
I dunno, kids have also made tons of bad Sonic fanart that’s turned the hedgehog into a bad meme.

Sony Pictures is mad. They wanted to be Nintendo’s video media home.
Haven’t I heard this story before…?

Oh God, this is art.

Top Bottom