• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo asks what's next for the next innovation from Nintendo, I think the Nintendo Switch is the innovation to last for years.

DESTROYA

What was the initial launch price for the switch 249 or 299? I would have more for a more capable machine...or would for their next console
$299.
I would also be willing to pay more for a more capable Switch but how much more depends on how much power you are getting for that money.
Are you willing to $100 ....I would

D.Final

Banned
Nintendo President recently said that they are looking for new ways to innovate, as they always do, but I think they should not continue to innovate because the Nintendo Switch is what makes them special. Where it's unique in its own way, I think they should keep the Switch lineup how they kept the Nintendo DS lineup for 16 years then added the 3DS to the lineup, I hope Nintendo continues to do that with the Switch. For them to change and add something new and I'm not saying it's bad. Innovation is good and what makes things not boring.

For me, I hope they don't change the Nintendo Switch into something totally new, and maybe add to it as they did with the Nintendo DS to 3DS lineup. I want them to continue to innovate but not kill off the Switch just yet and just do what everyone in the gaming world has asked them to do, make a console that's capable of playing all games, now you might ask what the hell, I thought you said that you don't want them to kill off the Switch. Well yes, I did but the way mobile gaming has progressed and will continue to progress over the years, I think we might be able to play the "next game" on a mobile device like the Nintendo Switch. I mean it's already sort of possible even though the tech is brand new and wouldn't really work in real-world gaming. I'll show you an example.

I can definitely see this being the future for gaming to some extent where some games wouldn't require so much horsepower but the fact that mobile gaming has gone that far and will continue to do so. I can see Nintendo taking the hands of mobile gaming and making it better with the partner they have with Nvidia (If it lasts and they go back with AMD for whatever they make next). Overall all I'm saying is the Nintendo Switch is what makes Nintendo who they are. I hope they don't change that. I want them to continue to innovate but not ruin something they have right now that works for them and that's the Nintendo Switch.
Anyways what are your thoughts, do you want Nintendo to change what they have with the Nintendo Switch or should they add something new to the Nintendo Switch?

I can't wait to see it

Zannegan

I agree that they should stick with hybrids moving forward, but there are still a huge range of possibilities within that space, and I'd hate to see them stop trying new things.

Last edited:

cireza

Banned
Being a hybrid console, Switch provides a poor home-console experience as well as a poor handheld-console experience.

Why ?

As a home-console, the Switch is a joke when compared to today's standards. Even the Wii U provides a better experience, as it has an ergonomic controller with interesting features (Gamepad). You don't have to deal with a shitty dock either. The console does not have joycon drift nor disconnecting controllers, and the Pro Controller is better than the Switch's.

As a handheld console, the Switch is also a joke with games that run even more poorly, and hud/texts that are meant for a big TV displayed without any adjustment on the 5.2 inches screen, resulting in many cases in a blurry unreadable mess. It also has some of the worst ergonomics ever. As well as not being that portable in terms of size.

Nintendo and consumers seem to be satisfied though, so they will probably continue in this direction.

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Maybe they should innovate joysticks that don't drift

; )

Last edited:

yurinka

I think game trophies/achievements, upscaled 4K and to fix the joycons (not only with drifting, but also adding a decent dpad and bigger button size).

And for the next gen, native 4K, optional VR, optional game streaming and adaptative triggers.

Nintendo sticks to the traditional video game market of Kids and parents.. (notice: Apple and Disney are a must have for kids too)

That's not to say adults don't love and purchase their games too, it's just that who the F is going to buy their kids TLOU2.
The average Nintendo owner is 25-35+ years old, same as in PlayStation or Xbox.

Last edited:

devilNprada

LOL read the fine print... It is based on an email Survey to Ninetendo account holders in which only 3.5% responded..
So any kids using an account their parents (email) set up didn't respond ,which could literally be 96.5%.

Not arguing or saying your wrong, just be careful about conclusions we draw from the data.

yurinka

LOL read the fine print... It is based on an email Survey to Ninetendo account holders in which only 3.5% responded..
So any kids using an account their parents (email) set up didn't respond ,which could literally be 96.5%.

Not arguing or saying your wrong, just be careful about conclusions we draw from the data.
I got the numbers from different Nintendo USA talks made for Unity devs (first were for WiiU, later were for Switch). The source was the eShop user accounts info.

Last edited:

devilNprada

I got the numbers from different Nintendo USA talks made for Unity devs (first were for WiiU, later were for Switch). The source was the eShop user accounts info.
Makes you wonder how many accounts are set up in their parents name though.
Did Nintendo provide the numbers?

4r7YKdB.jpg

There is nothing innovative about the Switch. It's a Vita clone that can also play on your TV. Hmm, a handheld that can play on your TV? We saw Sony do that one before too. I guess the Switch's breakaway controllers were innovative, except they break inherently.

I want Nintendo to make a badass portable virtual reality handheld. I know they tried and failed with the Virtual Boy. Right idea, wrong time and wrong technology. We live in a different world of possibilities today. It's time for the Virtual Man.
I like my Switch but my gen 2 psp had a tv out like you mentioned and by the time psp go launched it had tv out and bluetooth to hook up a ps3 controller to and play on. PSP was so good , awesome handheld.

Last edited:

fart town usa

Gold Member
Putting up my flame shield...the Switch isn't all that innovative. It's just a handheld that can be displayed on a TV. Joy Cons were a great idea with allowing people to play two player though.

Wii and WiiU were more innovative considering the Switch borrowed heavily from the two.

fart town usa

Gold Member
I like my Switch but my gen 2 psp had a tv out like you mentioned and by the time psp go launched it had tv out and bluetooth to hook up a ps3 controller to and play on. PSP was so good , awesome handheld.
Yea, I have a PSPgo with the component hook up. It's awesome. Lots of times I just hold the PSPgo itself as the controller but it's nice having the option to connect a dualshock 3.

yurinka

Makes you wonder how many accounts are set up in their parents name though.
Did Nintendo provide the numbers?

4r7YKdB.jpg
Nope, we know the public number of consoles sold, and Nintendo provided graphs like the one you posted for the demographics. That's all.

Btw, the % of female players was pretty similar at the end of WiiU and the start of Switch, and later grew as Switch install base increased, specially after releasing Pokemons and AC. The ages remained pretty much the same, as I remember became a bit younger.

The important thing is that the big chunk is from 19 to 44, specially 25-35 years old. Pretty similar to PS, Xbox, Steam and mobile players. If you look at mobile players intead of payers, then the average age becomes way younger. I mean, kids primarly play F2P on mobile or PC without spending or spending very little.

Last edited:

Zog

Banned
Nintendo and consumers seem to be satisfied though, so they will probably continue in this direction.
I agree with your entire post except this part, Nintendo customers are not satisfied and that's why they never stop creating and believing rumors about a Switch Pro. It's been going since atleast 2018.

Now they will say how much they love the Switch and how much time they spend playing it and how it rejuvenated gaming for them (for some it cured their cancer) but in the next sentence they start talking about how they want a Switch Pro. Honestly I think they spend more time talking about a Switch Pro than they do enjoying the Switch that they say they love.

As a home-console, the Switch is a joke when compared to today's standards. Even the Wii U provides a better experience, as it has an ergonomic controller with interesting features (Gamepad). You don't have to deal with a shitty dock either. The console does not have joycon drift nor disconnecting controllers, and the Pro Controller is better than the Switch's.
200.gif

So the Switch is "a joke compared to today's standards" and it is better to play 9 year old a console that has worse performance and lower resolution? The Wii U gamepad is a heavy brick that is not "ergonomical" in the least, if you want ergonomics and reduced impact, the Switch has the far lighter joycons. As for the "shitty dock", Switch docked takes up less space and has more power, and is entirely optional. Wii U cannot be used portably at all. I have not experienced Joycon drift in 2 sets of joycons. As for the pro controller, I don't know, I haven't used that one.

I agree with your entire post except this part, Nintendo customers are not satisfied and that's why they never stop creating and believing rumors about a Switch Pro. It's been going since atleast 2018.

Now they will say how much they love the Switch and how much time they spend playing it and how it rejuvenated gaming for them (for some it cured their cancer) but in the next sentence they start talking about how they want a Switch Pro. Honestly I think they spend more time talking about a Switch Pro than they do enjoying the Switch that they say they love.
Are you a Nintendo customer? It is kind of funny feels like I am hearing all these complaints from people who aren't even playing on Switch. Maybe I am wrong and you are. I am quite satisfied with my Switch, which I purchased for the release of Super Mario Odyssey. The week I got the Switch I went to visit my friend in Portland, and was able to bring it on the plan and play SMO in the air to treat my plane nerves. As a handheld console, it isn't the best thing ever, but the screen is HUGE and the games it plays are great. Before the pandemic I had a job in an office on the north side of town and used to take the bus to work every day. I would play Switch on the 1 hour bus ride to and from work, that is 2 hours of portable gaming a day. I played Final Fantasy VII and IX on the way to and from work. I played Dark Souls. I mean, that's the dream. Can't complain too much about that.

Right now I am playing Super Mario 3D World and Bowser's Fury as well as the new Ghosts N Goblins. All of these are exclusives for the system. That is why I went Nintendo. If you want to play Mario, this is then one you get. I'm playing these games for hours a day.

At the same time I wish for a 4k machine. Yes I want to play Super Mario 3D World in 4k. I guess that makes me a horrible person, or a bad customer, or something, I'm not sure what you people are even talking about tbh.

I'm here playing badass games and I can't wait until they are uprezzed. I will be there for that.

Last edited:
Nintendo has been, very strangely but also quite comfortably, in third place position of the console battles since just after the Nintendo 64 era when they did indeed have a large degree of dominance and likability over other consoles in that era; up to and including in a head to head comparison to PC titles. That said: Nintendo has been (surprisingly) inching its way back into potential dominance, where I wouldn't be at all surprised to see them in first place for a very long time again.

Seeing the Switch or another cutting edge Nintendo console in first place compared to the PS5 and Xbox Series X may sound like an absolute joke at first, but so did the Tampa Bay Buccaneers winning the Super Bowl; so surprises can always happen. The rumored "Switch Pro" was heavily denied by Nintendo officials for how long now? And then just days ago we get news that there's basically a Switch Pro coming that goes into 4K gaming. I personally would actually prefer to see the rise of (both) Japan and Nintendo because they have much more wholesome products, and better exclusives than PS and Xbox. Most, or all, of the original exclusives for either the Xbox or Playstation have gone to most other platforms.

The only 2 really big ones the Xbox has are Gears of War and Halo, and Gears is still excellent, but I think alot of people are finding Halo increasingly stale. Nintendo has the best selling video game franchise of all time (aka Mario), but they've been overly conservative and hesitant to take risks. With myself having smashing world records, and claiming countless #1 Ranks in the World for competition, I tend to not give out tons of advice for free. But one of the main weaknesses of Nintendo currently is their online area.

With the brand new Mario going in to online (Mario 3D World+Bowsers Fury), I think that is a massive step in the right direction. Japan is a fantastic country, and they are smart with their huge products. They don't want their Mario products smashed, abused, and sabotaged by online malicious actors. Has anyone seen how conservative the Mario 3D World+Bowsers Fury online matchmaking is? That's to protect the product. But that doesn't meant they couldn't have added simple 2-player co-op for the Donkey Kong Country remake on the Wii when it was taken by Retro Studios. To some degree, Nintendo isn't willing to take that "no risk it, no biscuit" mentality. I think they need to throw more 75 yard touchdown passes every once in a while and we could see them back on top like they were in the 64 era, and thank God. I think alot of both old school, and new school gamers, will be more than happy to see Nintendo back on top with the most elite hardware, best games, best online subscription methods, and best online play.

Zog

Banned
Are you a Nintendo customer? It is kind of funny feels like I am hearing all these complaints from people who aren't even playing on Switch. Maybe I am wrong and you are. I am quite satisfied with my Switch, which I purchased for the release of Super Mario Odyssey. The week I got the Switch I went to visit my friend in Portland, and was able to bring it on the plan and play SMO in the air to treat my plane nerves. As a handheld console, it isn't the best thing ever, but the screen is HUGE and the games it plays are great. Before the pandemic I had a job in an office on the north side of town and used to take the bus to work every day. I would play Switch on the 1 hour bus ride to and from work, that is 2 hours of portable gaming a day. I played Final Fantasy VII and IX on the way to and from work. I played Dark Souls. I mean, that's the dream. Can't complain too much about that.

Right now I am playing Super Mario 3D World and Bowser's Fury as well as the new Ghosts N Goblins. All of these are exclusives for the system. That is why I went Nintendo. If you want to play Mario, this is then one you get. I'm playing these games for hours a day.

At the same time I wish for a 4k machine. Yes I want to play Super Mario 3D World in 4k. I guess that makes me a horrible person, or a bad customer, or something, I'm not sure what you people are even talking about tbh.

I'm here playing badass games and I can't wait until they are uprezzed. I will be there for that.
I have:

- 1 NES
- 1 SNES
- 1 N64
- 2 Gamecubes
- 3 Wii's (1 is a Wii Mini)
- 2 Wii U's
- 3 Switch's (1 is a Switch Lite)
- 1 GBA SP
- 3 DS's (2 are DSi's, 1 is a DS Lite)
- 1 New 3DS XL
- 2 New 2DS XL's (1 hasn't been opened)
- NES Classic
- SNES Classic

I hope I didn't miss any. So yes, I am a Nintendo customer.

I don't show my dissatisfaction with my current Switch by constantly asking for a 'better' Switch. I just play it as it is. When I want a more powerful machine, I have a gaming PC, Xbox One X and a PS4 Pro. When stock allows, I will get the newer consoles too. I do get fuckin' tired of Nintendo fans who speak out of both sides of their mouth. You can't say that the Switch is your favorite console and then bitch because it doesn't do 4k. Otherwise your favorite console would be a Xbox One X, PS5 or XSX.

To put it simply, stop wishing for a Switch you don't have and enjoy the Switch you do have.

Last edited:

Varteras

Gold Member
I think the Switch has been a great device. I think it represents the best Nintendo has ever done from an innovative perspective. In hindsight, it was the inevitable result of their handheld efforts. Eventually merging that into an actual console and allowing them to focus on one device. Bringing the best of both of their worlds together. I think their best path going forward is to continue to perfect what they've done here instead of trying to reinvent their own wheel. Future consoles should be made using Switch as a template. Little improvements, additions, or changes here or there to the outward hardware is fine. But what I feel they really need to work on is everything underneath and behind the scenes. Give the consumers more power and storage so that more games will find their way to the platform. They should also work to greatly improve their online infrastructure. Neither of those have to be the best. Just more competitive than they are now.

I have:

- 1 NES
- 1 SNES
- 1 N64
- 2 Gamecubes
- 3 Wii's (1 is a Wii Mini)
- 2 Wii U's
- 3 Switch's (1 is a Switch Lite)
- 1 GBA SP
- 3 DS's (2 are DSi's, 1 is a DS Lite)
- 1 New 3DS XL
- 2 New 2DS XL's (1 hasn't been opened)
- NES Classic
- SNES Classic

I hope I didn't miss any. So yes, I am a Nintendo customer.

I don't show my dissatisfaction with my current Switch by constantly asking for a 'better' Switch. I just play it as it is. When I want a more powerful machine, I have a gaming PC, Xbox One X and a PS4 Pro. When stock allows, I will get the newer consoles too. I do get fuckin' tired of Nintendo fans who speak out of both sides of their mouth. You can't say that the Switch is your favorite console and then bitch because it doesn't do 4k. Otherwise your favorite console would be a Xbox One X, PS5 or XSX.

To put it simply, stop wishing for a Switch you don't have and enjoy the Switch you do have.

If you're looking to become a collector; yes, you missed like ten plus Nintendo consoles that are non-Japanese.

Zog

Banned
If you're looking to become a collector; yes, you missed like ten plus Nintendo consoles that are non-Japanese.
No, I meant that I hope I didn't miss any from my collection in the list.

My interest is piqued though, what am I missing. My cursor is hovering over ebay waiting.

I don't care about the Virtual Boy or the early Game Boy models because I can play all Game Boy games on my GBA SP and my Game Boy Players (2).

Last edited:
No, I meant that I hope I didn't miss any from my collection in the list.

My interest is piqued though, what am I missing. My cursor is hovering over ebay waiting.

So I would make an educated guess that your collection is near, equivalent to, (or likely larger) than my personal one. I have about 50 consoles, but it looks like you only listed your Nintendo ones. A couple of humble tips:

1) Pawn Shops can be better than eBay, online sales or Amazon. Most sellers price their stuff at the general value of a console and/or game when in online sales.
2) Some pawn shops list their stuff WAY, WAY, WAY lower than what you'd find it at online. Example: I got a nearly brand new Nintendo Gamecube for 40 dollars, when the condition in which it was in sells for $160 online (American).

If you've ever seen those 2 guys on the History Channel that go around to pawn shops to find everything, get a couple of grand together and go state to state and get anything you want. If you're smart with travel, money and gas, you could end up owning every single video game console in human history for like 5 grand or less...

To answer your question directly: The ones you're missing just off the top of my head are easy, but they get into specific makes and models. Just google them. There's obviously:

1) Original large gameboy (grey).
2) There was a second edition of the original grey gameboy that was smaller.
3) Gameboy color.
4) Regular gameboy advance. The SP, which I have two of, is obviously square shaped. The regular advance is completely different.
5) 2DS (non xl)
6) Regular 3DS (different from other versions)
7) Dsi XL
8) "NEW" 3DS XL. These are different from 3DS XL's. Look on the back of the console if you're in a shop. It will say "NEW 3DS XL" if it's one.

There's more rare ones like a little micro DS that I forget the exact name of right now that is extremely rare and goes for like $100 dollars. Ten there's the regular DS as well. You're missing a bunch of them, brother, but many are cheap aside from the rare micro.

You're also missing the Nintendo Virtual Boy...

And also: Likely the most important one you may be missing is that little Nintendo Game and Watch that just came out with the same time frame exclusiveness as the Mario 3D All Stars (Switch). The new Mario Game and Watch, if I'm not mistaken, is only being sold in stores until around March 31st, 2021. It is 50 in stores, but has already doubled in price online. After it's off the market it will likely stay doubled, so I'd just get one at Wal Mart asap before the end of March. I saw them sell out in 2 days at my local WM, but then they got restocked.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zog

ReBurn

Gold Member
The Switch has been my favorite console for the last couple of years. I don't like it because it's "innovative" though. I like it because it fits my lifestyle best. It has great pickup games that I can play for a few minutes or a few hours. It's easy to take with me when I'm traveling and I can hook it up to a tv in a hotel with a relatively generic powered USB-C dock. I can play split screen Mario Kart at home. I can play NES Mario Bros and Clu Clu Land with friends online. It's actually been great.

I love the Xbox One X and PS4 Pro, too. I just don't have the hours to sit on the couch and use them that I used to. They're too limiting.

I'd be ok with Nintendo releasing some new thing. But if it doesn't give me the flexibility that Switch does I probably won't buy it.

Zog

Banned
So I would make an educated guess that your collection is near, equivalent to, (or likely larger) than my personal one. I have about 50 consoles, but it looks like you only listed your Nintendo ones. A couple of humble tips:

1) Pawn Shops can be better than eBay, online sales or Amazon. Most sellers price their stuff at the general value of a console and/or game when in online sales.
2) Some pawn shops list their stuff WAY, WAY, WAY lower than what you'd find it at online. Example: I got a nearly brand new Nintendo Gamecube for 40 dollars, when the condition in which it was in sells for $160 online (American).

If you've ever seen those 2 guys on the History Channel that go around to pawn shops to find everything, get a couple of grand together and go state to state and get anything you want. If you're smart with travel, money and gas, you could end up owning every single video game console in human history for like 5 grand or less...

To answer your question directly: The ones you're missing just off the top of my head are easy, but they get into specific makes and models. Just google them. There's obviously:

1) Original large gameboy (grey).
2) There was a second edition of the original grey gameboy that was smaller.
3) Gameboy color.
4) Regular gameboy advance. The SP, which I have two of, is obviously square shaped. The regular advance is completely different.
5) 2DS (non xl)
6) Regular 3DS (different from other versions)
7) Dsi XL
8) "NEW" 3DS XL. These are different from 3DS XL's. Look on the back of the console if you're in a shop. It will say "NEW 3DS XL" if it's one.

There's more rare ones like a little micro DS that I forget the exact name of right now that is extremely rare and goes for like $100 dollars. Ten there's the regular DS as well. You're missing a bunch of them, brother, but many are cheap aside from the rare micro.

You're also missing the Nintendo Virtual Boy...

And also: Likely the most important one you may be missing is that little Nintendo Game and Watch that just came out with the same time frame exclusiveness as the Mario 3D All Stars (Switch). The new Mario Game and Watch, if I'm not mistaken, is only being sold in stores until around March 31st, 2021. It is 50 in stores, but has already doubled in price online. After it's off the market it will likely stay doubled, so I'd just get one at Wal Mart asap before the end of March. I saw them sell out in 2 days at my local WM, but then they got restocked.
I have owned the original 3DS and the 3DS XL (the Dream Team themed one) but I traded them in for upgraded models.

I prefer the New 2DS XL because they added a flap to cover the card door. I can't tell you how many times I have accidently popped a game card out of a 3DS in the middle of a game. When they went down to $99 a year ago (maybe), I picked up a new one but never opened it. It's still wrapped in the Wal Mart bag with the receipt in a storage bin.

I'm not really a collector, I just like to play on the real hardware as opposed to emulation. I do have a Retron 5 but I would rather play on the real console on a CRT.

Anyway back on topic, I am just sick of hearing about a Switch Pro. I am convinced this is a case of 'keep creating rumors until it happens or until the next Nintendo console comes out'. It's tiring.

I have owned the original 3DS and the 3DS XL (the Dream Team themed one) but I traded them in for upgraded models.

I prefer the New 2DS XL because they added a flap to cover the card door. I can't tell you how many times I have accidently popped a game card out of a 3DS in the middle of a game. When they went down to $99 a year ago (maybe), I picked up a new one but never opened it. It's still wrapped in the Wal Mart bag with the receipt in a storage bin.

I'm not really a collector, I just like to play on the real hardware as opposed to emulation. I do have a Retron 5 but I would rather play on the real console on a CRT.

Anyway back on topic, I am just sick of hearing about a Switch Pro. I am convinced this is a case of 'keep creating rumors until it happens or until the next Nintendo console comes out'. It's tiring.

The brand new Switch has been skepticism and rumor for the past year, but around 2 days ago, it has been officially announced and is no longer a rumor. You can just Google into the search engine: "New Nintendo Switch Announced", to find it, but even easier; here's a link:

The new Switch is generally advertised, and for whatever strange reason, as having a 7 inch LED screen compared to a 6.5. If you read deeper into literally every single article about it, it says the new Switch console will put games in to 4K.

Secondly: I'm similar to you in the sense that I'm not a pure collector because I play virtually everything I purchase. It could be a million dollar item and I'd open it up and still play it. I play competitively and have broken world records. I'm not bragging at all, but if I got a rare game and it had a competitive scene, I would likely care less about the value of the title or console and just throw it in and compete (for better or for worse). So I do both as well.

But to answer your question about which consoles you're missing, some of those questions you answered yourself by saying you got rid of them. I still retain all of mine and I'm looking to own every console in history...

Last edited:

Zog

Banned
The brand new Switch has been skepticism and rumor for the past year, but around 2 days ago, it has been officially announced and is no longer a rumor. You can just Google into the search engine: "New Nintendo Switch Announced", to find it, but even easier; here's a link:

The new Switch is generally advertised, and for whatever strange reason, as having a 7 inch LED screen compared to a 6.5. If you read deeper into literally every single article about it, it says the new Switch console will put games in to 4K.

Secondly: I'm similar to you in the sense that I'm not a pure collector because I play virtually everything I purchase. It could be a million dollar item and I'd open it up and still play it. I play competitively and have broken world records. I'm not bragging at all, but if I got a rare game and it had a competitive scene, I would likely care less about the value of the title or console and just throw it in and compete (for better or for worse). So I do both as well.

But to answer your question about which consoles you're missing, some of those questions you answered yourself by saying you got rid of them. I still retain all of mine and I'm looking to own every console in history...
This isn't an official announcement and Switch in 4k? I doubt that.

This isn't an official announcement and Switch in 4k? I doubt that.

Boss... Search it up and down in every search engine ever. The new Switch is official, and is even being talked about in threads on NEOgaf. It's coming, brother, fear not. Mario and Zelda in 4K is coming...

Reactions: Zog

daclynk

that is good to hear. But not the next switch. cos i want a super switch before they change things again. without Nintendo innovations we would never had gotten
d-pad,
shoulder buttons
joy sticks
ramble
wii mote evolved into vr controllers
wiiu gamepad second screen idea evolve in VR and that is only hardware.
I could list software tools.
So nintendo Keep doing U. Live luck to heaven.

Last edited:

Zog

Banned
Boss... Search it up and down in every search engine ever. The new Switch is official, and is even being talked about in threads on NEOgaf. It's coming, brother, fear not. Mario and Zelda in 4K is coming...
Guess I am glad that I didn't buy the Red and blue Mario Switch then.

daclynk

I think game trophies/achievements, upscaled 4K and to fix the joycons (not only with drifting, but also adding a decent dpad and bigger button size).

And for the next gen, native 4K, optional VR, optional game streaming and adaptative triggers.

i would love that, but i dont think nintendo is ready for 4k native now. i hope they experiment with 1440p, HDR and higher framerates.

that is good to hear. But not the next switch. cos i want a super switch before they change things again. without Nintendo innovations would never had
d-pad,
shoulder buttons
joy sticks
ramble
wii mote evolved into vr controllers
wiiu gamepad second screen idea evolve in VR and that is only hardware.
I could list software tools.
So nintendo Keep doing U. Live luck to heaven.

It's tricky to play precision based fighting games on something like the Switch standard joy con; but you can always just buy a Switch Pro controller...

_Ex_

Yes the PSP was glorious, explicitly so because Sony actually supported it for more than a year. I own 3 PSPs myself, I still play them from time to time. Great stuff even today.

Nintendo / "innovation" is repurposing or repackaging existing technologies and features to differentiate and excuse their inferior hardware.

They also do this with their Switch games. They gutted the Wii U for Switch ports, and now they're hitting up the Wii. Why bother making new games when you can just regurgitate your past efforts and still sell millions.

daclynk

I have appreciated what Nintendo has done over the years to differentiate themselves from the competition and we got to play great new experiences but as of late, I would really want Nintendo to put a little more focus on the power of their device while keeping their Nintendo "innovation".
Switch is selling like hotcakes and I'm happy for them because it has some great games on it but one of the selling points of the Switch is to be able to play games on the go and that reality just doesn't apply to me: I drive everywhere I go and when I go somewhere I usually don't play videogames. I mean I have used my Switch when I wasn't at home a few times and it was great but I can count on one hand the amount of times I did that so it's not worth it for me. Because of the portable nature of the system we probably have less powerful device than it could have been were it designed for TV only without having to worry about battery life.

I like the motion controls, I like the different inputs with the touch screen and all that but I also don't want games to look like shit somehow. I'm always going to be gameplay > graphics but after watching yesterday's direct and comparing Switch games to Demon's Souls Remake, I can't help but wonder how much more immersive Breath of the Wild could have been with PS5 power for better framerates and higher resolution. I'm excluding PC from the conversation because that's a different beast. Since I don't play games on the go and don't see the value of being able to play top AAA multiplat games anywhere else than my couch, I'm never buying multiplatform games on my switch.

TLDR: Maintain your innovation Nintendo but add some horsepower
if they think about only more power i dont think we can buy the device. They are not like Sony or Microsoft that generate other income from other department, they only make money from their software. The why there is balance. That is why they cool exist tech and make something new out of it.

Banned
I hope they innovate themselves into a new hardware SKU with 4K and unbroken joysticks.

we need fucking Hal-Effect Sensors back in our sticks!!! How come only Sega ever used them? and why is Microsoft using them in their triggers but not their sticks? fucking hell...

Last edited:

daclynk

I agree that the Switch is where Nintendo finally got everything right. I think that the general concept has a lot of legs and Nintendo doesn't really need to change much about it: release more powerful variants periodically, make it three form factors (one pure console, one handheld with TV out, one that "switches") and you're good to go. It's got the handheld market on lock down and it provides a useful outlet for AA devs who in past generations would just sort of linger on last-gen hardware for a while.

Nintendo's hardware gimmicks usually range from useless to loathsome, so I'd really like to see them stop now that they've hit on something worthwhile.
The switch is the most gimmicky system ever. Sometime i LOL when the word gimmicks comes up. Are they really cos later those gimmicks became trends.

Yes the PSP was glorious, explicitly so because Sony actually supported it for more than a year. I own 3 PSPs myself, I still play them from time to time. Great stuff even today.

They also do this with their Switch games. They gutted the Wii U for Switch ports, and now they're hitting up the Wii. Why bother making new games when you can just regurgitate your past efforts and still sell millions.

I'm looking to get at least all three models, so congrats to you. I have the 1,001 model, 3,001 model and that's it. I have to get the middle ground PSP, but the VITA I've been playing lately, and will be dominating the competitive community soon...

daclynk

Nintendo sticks to the traditional video game market of Kids and parents.. (notice: Apple and Disney are a must have for kids too)

That's not to say adults don't love and purchase their games too, it's just that who the F is going to buy their kids TLOU2.
Like the way parent also buy GTA5 for their kids. I thought this nintendo is for kids died long time ago. Are they not casual or kids who are on ps4 and play Minecraft and Call of Duty.
giphy.gif

Last edited:

Banned
Like the way parent also but GTA5 for their kids. I thought this nintendo is for kids died long time ago. Are they not casual or kids who on ps4 play Minecraft and Call of Duty.
giphy.gif

I can see a kid wanting to play GTA5... but no kid is gonna play TLOU2 and hold the stick forward for 15 minutes before anything happens in the game. let alone all the cutscenes. that alone makes a difference imo. so GTA5 is not a good example

Last edited:

Zog

Banned
That's the one I purchased recently... Very strange; you're not hacking my laptop camera are you? I'm literally kidding...

xD
I really like the red border but ultimately I decided that I didn't need another Switch just over a color difference.

Last edited:
Like the way parent also but GTA5 for their kids. I thought this nintendo is for kids died long time ago. Are they not casual or kids who on ps4 play Minecraft and Call of Duty.
giphy.gif

I think it's just a failing talking point that will hopefully either enhance, be removed from the public arena, or diminish...

Alot of the "for kids" games are, and have been for like 30 plus years, for anyone of any age as they are "E-Rated" for "Everyone". Mario 3D? Zelda? Mario Kart? the list goes on. Come on now. There are 60 year olds that play these titles and rightfully so...

daclynk

this couldnt be more wrong. how many wii port have they done so far. Isnt PS5 new next gen game a remaster of a ps3 game, switch is getting wiiu port beacuse only 2 people i know only have the wiiu and there are so many great on the system nobody got to play. oh and the switch is not backward compatible. i could list a whole lot of port from ps3 that come to ps4.

Last edited:

V4skunk

Banned
i would love that, but i dont think nintendo is ready for 4k native now. i hope they experiment with 1440p, HDR and higher framerates.
Yeah no where near.
Current Switch in handheld struggles with native 720p on alot of the more demanding games like Xenoblade2, Doom etc...
What chips have Nvidia got that Super Switch could be using? They must have something with 2.5x the performance by now.

daclynk

Yeah no where near.
Current Switch in handheld struggles with native 720p on alot of the more demanding games like Xenoblade2, Doom etc...
What chips have Nvidia got that Super Switch could be using? They must have something with 2.5x the performance by now.
i was talking about next gen switch not the new model coming.

Last edited:

Komatsu

Xavier blows the Tegra X1 ("Maxwell") out of the water. But this being Nintendo, they'll pick a 2017 SoC for their next console and people will drool over it as if were mannah from heaven

Topher

Gold Member
I can see a kid wanting to play GTA5... but no kid is gonna play TLOU2 and hold the stick forward for 15 minutes before anything happens in the game. let alone all the cutscenes. that alone makes a difference imo. so GTA5 is not a good example

Tom Cruise What GIF

I think your copy of TLOU2 was broken.

devilNprada

Like the way parent also buy GTA5 for their kids. I thought this nintendo is for kids died long time ago. Are they not casual or kids who are on ps4 and play Minecraft and Call of Duty.
Kids like 6-7?
Not sure where I said Nintendo was just for kids?
It's my preferred platform to be honest ..

Top Bottom