• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ninja Theory New IP Bleeding Edge Trailer Leaked (Spoiler from MS E3 Conference)

mortal

Gold Member
I gotta be honest, after Far Cry New Dawn, Borderlands 3, Rage 2, I'm growing a little tired of the neon-junker aesthetic. I'm not a fan of those character designs all too much. Gameplay looks pretty lively though.

Was that all in realtime? If so, the visuals are pretty great,

Last edited:

Paradicia

MS : We're buying studios so more games for the fans
Xbox fans : Oh hell yeah Ninja Theory was a good buy can't wait for their SP game, The Initiative will match Naughty Dog quality SP games!
Sony fans : Ninja Theory is mediocre, bad buy for MS
Bleeding Edge : Leaked video
Xbox fans : Oh hell yeah this is what we wanted, looks fucking awesome, can't wait Day 1!!! *Pretends to ignore no SP story mode*
Sony fans : Looks bad, so much for buying NT, lol

I'm embarrassed for you

fallingdove

Yuck. Really disappointed that Ninja Theory went from Hellblade to a generic Battlebapex Overwortnite. They seemed to be making some progress in the single player narrative department.

God Enel

I'm kinda disappointed. Don't know what I expected but not a game like that. Maybe something more in line with Hellblade.. Imho it looks kinda generic and 'pseudocool'. And that's from a guy that likes the ninja theory games. :/

I will receive some backslash for that but...

Looks like it was developed with Gamepass on mind.

PS. Mods added the title Bleeding Edge but I was doing a spoiler free title :D
Thats exactly was i was thinking its a online only game and believe me not a big budget game. And perfect for Gamepass😎

So there goes the first hope of a good sp game for Xbox.
And that is a pitty, the only games Ninja Theory made till now where single player story drivengames. And now? A only online brawl game...maybe their next project....

Last edited:
Okay guys, listen.

This game is Ninja Theory's "Table Tennis" akin to Rockstar's infamous release of a table tennis game back in 2006.

This is NOT their mainline game. I repeat, this is NOT their mainline game.

I think we should be excited about their mainline game that's coming out next generation. It will definitely be mindblowing based on their track record.

Last edited:

Jigsaah

Gold Member
I think i would like this if i didn't know it was Ninja Theory. Not because of Microsoft or anything...but because I know they made Hell Blade...and now this? No no no no...they need to get darker.

CyberPanda

Banned
Looks fun! I like it.

EDIT: I miss Dreamcast's Power Stone
Omg that’s what it reminds me of too!
I think this games looks nice. Thank god it’s colorful, and from rumours I’ve been reading Ninja Theory might show another IP from the Hellblade team. *fingers crossed*

But, it’s unfortunate this leaked, and I hope nothing else does. Spoilers are the worst.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Not what I was expecting from NT
If I had an Xbox I'd be disappointed.
But I guess some people will dig it.

Last edited:

Closer

*browses NeoGAF casually*
*sees Ninja Theory new ip thread*
*thinks about not clicking to not get spoiled*
*continues to browse NeoGAF casually*
*hype intensifies*
*click thread*
*hyped*

Goddammit.

Last edited:

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I'm not surprised by some of the comments in this thread.
Disappointed too?
I was expecting a Character story driven action game.
This is probably the last thing I think anyone would have guessed from NT.
Btw, NT has multiple teams. This is just one of their projects.
Ah I bet they have something else for the conference!

Last edited:

CyberPanda

Banned
The leak also says this game has a story. And there's a rumor that NT has another title to show during E3 that is SP.
Yep. Exciting times! I just hope the leaker doesn’t leak more stuff and ruin surprises. In regards to this game, it’s reminiscent of Borderlands and Sunset Overdrive. I love that.

Pallas

Gold Member
Like interesting, combat looks creative and the aesthetics are nice. Still think we need to wait to hear more before judging, a lot of negative posts, some from the usual group of posters.

I’m not sold on it though, will need to hear more but it does certainly look interesting!

MS : We're buying studios so more games for the fans
Xbox fans : Oh hell yeah Ninja Theory was a good buy can't wait for their SP game, The Initiative will match Naughty Dog quality SP games!
Sony fans : Ninja Theory is mediocre, bad buy for MS
Bleeding Edge : Leaked video
Xbox fans : Oh hell yeah this is what we wanted, looks fucking awesome, can't wait Day 1!!! *Pretends to ignore no SP story mode*
Sony fans : Looks bad, so much for buying NT, lol

Lol could you try and enjoy something without spewing out this shit?

Last edited:

Gavon West

Spread's Cheeks for Intrusive Ads
Like interesting, combat looks creative and the aesthetics are nice. Still think we need to wait to hear more before judging, a lot of negative posts, some from the usual group of posters.

The game looks awesome from what was shown. Super stylish and a unique take on 4v4 melee combat. Gonna need to see more before we can say anything concrete, but the negative comments are to be expected.

I’m not sold on it though, will need to hear more but it does certainly look interesting!

But he is right.

CyberPanda

Banned
Also, the combat director for this game is the same guy who developed the combat for devil may cry. Should be fun!

Also:
2510-F621-468-F-4445-8705-EEDF805-CCFC4.png

Top Bottom