• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ninja Gaiden Trilogy & Sigma Trilogy Dragon Ninja Clan

HYDE

Banned
With all the rumors surrounding NG Sigma trilogy, this has to be talked about...

Where are the original 3 NES Ninja Gaiden games or the SNES Trilogy for current generation systems?

I can play OG Contra, Castlevania, and Mega Man, but not Ninja Gaiden.

Also for another day the OG MSX Metal Gear 1 & 2, but Konami.

Tecmo should include the original 3 old school games, along with the OG Ninja Gaiden from XBOX, Black, 2 from XBOX 360, plus both Sigmas, and 3 & Razor’s Edge.

They could even include both VITA versions and SEGA versions of Ninja Gaiden.

Essentially a Legacy Collection!

Caffeine

I agree Hyde would hope for all of them to become playable on current set of platforms including the og's.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
These are 2 separate games? The Trilogy and Sigma Trilogy? I would want the original games. The difficulty was dialed down for Sigma if I'm not mistaken. Not a fan.

Reizo Ryuu

Tecmo should include the original 3 old school games, along with the OG Ninja Gaiden from XBOX, Black, 2 from XBOX 360
Not happening, ng and black are exclusive to xbox, and ng2 was published by microsoft, they essentially own that specific entry in the series.

Last edited:

Jigsaah

Gold Member
He's talking about porting the classic NES games and the modern games into two Ninja Gaiden collections.
Ahhh I see. Sigma is Sony's version of Ninja Gaiden right? With the extra playable characters and the dialed down difficulty. If they give a higher difficulty setting then I'd be willing to buy it. Original Ninja Gaiden from NES is a must though. I STILL have not beat the original. They should throw in the arcade game for good measure

Last edited:

HYDE

Banned
Sigma is shit anyway. I have NG2 on the S via gamepass and bought NGB. Its all I needed. The OG games were only in the OG Xbox version I think.
They both would be amazing remasters though!!
I am imagining them looking and running as well as Nioh 1 & 2 remasters will.

diffusionx

Gold Member
It's a great question, NG1-3 are NES classics and we should be able to play them on new hardware.

Throw in some other versions too. But please not the SNES one as that wasn't as good.

johntown

Banned
I would prefer the original black versions but I would glady accept the Sigma versions too just to have a modern version.

MrMephistoX

Not happening, ng and black are exclusive to xbox, and ng2 was published by microsoft, they essentially own that specific entry in the series.

To be honest the absolute best way to play these is on Xbox Series X or One X. They look and run fucking great thanks to MS’s BC wizardry. I’ll probably pass on the Sigma collection at least until it’s on sale.

Reizo Ryuu

To be honest the absolute best way to play these is on Xbox Series X or One X. They look and run fucking great thanks to MS’s BC wizardry. I’ll probably pass on the Sigma collection at least until it’s on sale.
Yes, they run so great now, it kinda took the charm out of the infamous 'stairway battle'.

MrMephistoX

Yes, they run so great now, it kinda took the charm out of the infamous 'stairway battle'.

Yeah NG2 especially it ran like shit on 360 but it’s like a whole new game that runs better and looks better IMHO than a lot of dedicated last gen games due to the art style.

With all the rumors surrounding NG Sigma trilogy, this has to be talked about...

Where are the original 3 NES Ninja Gaiden games or the SNES Trilogy for current generation systems?

I can play OG Contra, Castlevania, and Mega Man, but not Ninja Gaiden.

Also for another day the OG MSX Metal Gear 1 & 2, but Konami.

Tecmo should include the original 3 old school games, along with the OG Ninja Gaiden from XBOX, Black, 2 from XBOX 360, plus both Sigmas, and 3 & Razor’s Edge.

They could even include both VITA versions and SEGA versions of Ninja Gaiden.

Essentially a Legacy Collection!
The original Xbox Ninja Gaiden actually had the SNES trilogy as unlockable. It wasn't in the NG Black version though, so keep that in mind.

But yeah that would be cool if they released the NES/SNES trilogy but the catch is I'd want it on physical media.

Maybe they can make it unlockable again in the supposed reboot trilogy compilation coming out?

SkylineRKR

They both would be amazing remasters though!!
I am imagining them looking and running as well as Nioh 1 & 2 remasters will.

NG2 looks ridiculously good on the Series and One X. Its 4K, locked 60fps, HDR. Its better than MANY actual remasters they put on retail for full buck.

Top Bottom