• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nightdive Studios says it’s now up to Tencent if sequels get made of System Shock

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Speaking to VGC at Gamescom, Nightdive CEO Stephen Kick claimed that the rights to the third game, which it had originally granted to Otherside, had subsequently been sold on to the Chinese conglomerate.

It’s now up to Tencent whether a third game gets made, he told VGC.

“When we originally acquired the rights to the franchise, we licensed the rights for the third game to Warren and Paul [Neurath] at Otherside. They then subsequently sold their rights to Tencent,” he explained.

“So Tencent currently has the rights to the third game, and we have the rights to do the remake of the first game and potentially a remake of the second game. That’s pretty much where it stands right now.”

Kick clarified that it’s currently down to Tencent if the third game gets made at all, and claimed he did not know if either Spector or Neurath were involved in such a project. “I honestly don’t know. I know Paul and Warren are still making games, but that’s as much as I know right now.”

Tencent could also make additional System Shock sequels in the future if were to develop the third game and decide to continue, he said. “I think they technically could do 4 and 5 as well, but they’d have to do 3 first. So, we’ll see.”

ACESHIGH

Banned
Release the remake this year first... And then SS2 enhanced which was supposed to be a free bonus for the early buyers of System Shock remake...

Last edited:

Barakov

Gold Member

Speaking to VGC at Gamescom, Nightdive CEO Stephen Kick claimed that the rights to the third game, which it had originally granted to Otherside, had subsequently been sold on to the Chinese conglomerate.

It’s now up to Tencent whether a third game gets made, he told VGC.

“When we originally acquired the rights to the franchise, we licensed the rights for the third game to Warren and Paul [Neurath] at Otherside. They then subsequently sold their rights to Tencent,” he explained.

“So Tencent currently has the rights to the third game, and we have the rights to do the remake of the first game and potentially a remake of the second game. That’s pretty much where it stands right now.”

Kick clarified that it’s currently down to Tencent if the third game gets made at all, and claimed he did not know if either Spector or Neurath were involved in such a project. “I honestly don’t know. I know Paul and Warren are still making games, but that’s as much as I know right now.”

Tencent could also make additional System Shock sequels in the future if were to develop the third game and decide to continue, he said. “I think they technically could do 4 and 5 as well, but they’d have to do 3 first. So, we’ll see.”
angry bbc two GIF by BBC

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Release the remake this year first... And then SS2 enhanced which was supposed to be a free bonus for the early buyers of System Shock remake...
Yeah, I can't believe the Remake still isn't out. Like... what the hell are they even doing? Are they doing even anything?

Top Bottom