• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nier Replicant ver. 1.22474487139... |OT| Unto Thy Shade

I just finished The B run through and have gone through a bunch of the third. I think I might quit though since from what I understand you need to get all the weapons to get the D ending which is the only way to get the E play through.

Looking at the weapons it will take forever to get them all. I have enjoyed my time with the game but that kind of busywork for the core experience Is just sad. Am I correct about getting the E play through or is it available after the Completing the game three times and just getting the C ending?

It’s not bad getting the weapons, the difficulty/grind is upgrading them (but you don’t need to do that).

If you liked the game and characters, I’d highly recommend doing it and getting endings D and E. They are by far the best ones.

It’s not bad getting the weapons, the difficulty/grind is upgrading them (but you don’t need to do that).

If you liked the game and characters, I’d highly recommend doing it and getting endings D and E. They are by far the best ones.
I'm early in the game (I reached Seafront). Is there something I should keep in mind to get all endings? FYI I already know I have to get all the weapons.

Bridges

I'm early in the game (I reached Seafront). Is there something I should keep in mind to get all endings? FYI I already know I have to get all the weapons.
There are a few specific side quests you will have to finish to unlock all the weapons, a few hidden around in crates, a few you'll have to buy from a town weapon shop, and one that you get finishing route B. The rest you will just unlock through the story. You'll get almost all of them just playing the game, maybe towards the end of playthrough B pull up a guide to see which side quests are necessary to get them all.

Otherwise, not much you need to keep in mind. Only other thing of note is you should remember to keep a save from right before you complete route C, because route D is exactly the same except for the choice at the end so you'll save yourself a bunch of time doing it this way.

Valonquar

LTTP....held out for PS+ to hand it to me for "free": God damn the item drop rates for upgrade materials was annoying as fuck. If you subtract the reloading and grinding for those this is a 20 hour game tops. Got all 5 endings and honestly without ending E it would have felt really disappointing. Automata definitely took over afterward well and improved things a lot. It just also sort of falls in this weird inbetween where it wasn't as out-there WTF weird as Drakkenguards and not as cool as Automata.

LTTP....held out for PS+ to hand it to me for "free": God damn the item drop rates for upgrade materials was annoying as fuck. If you subtract the reloading and grinding for those this is a 20 hour game tops. Got all 5 endings and honestly without ending E it would have felt really disappointing. Automata definitely took over afterward well and improved things a lot. It just also sort of falls in this weird inbetween where it wasn't as out-there WTF weird as Drakkenguards and not as cool as Automata.

E was great but even the original with D went out on a high note. Automata is probably a better game but the cast and story is so unbelievably good in Replicant. Material grind sucked but just getting the weapons and through the main story/endings was not bad at all. Too many people give up because C/D can get repetitive. But those people probably don’t care as much about the characters and story.

I agree. What helped me power through the tedium of collecting all weapons was the superb graphics and outstanding music. Automata was a huge improvement in that regard, especially when you unlock all chapters after the 3rd ending so you don't have to play route C all over again.
I'm still absolutely in love with the world, the mood, the main characters, the voice acting, the variety in gameplay, the story and lore. The tragic storylines became very predictable though. Would love to see more games with that budget range where you can have a short game with solid visuals and gameplay, but where the world and story are original and daring.

Virex

Banned
Item drop rates were a bit imporved in 1.5. Did you try plat OG Nier. Now that was a bitch

Valonquar

Down to just the White Moonflower trophy for plat... F that time zone manipulation crap lol... I guess it will be finished next week

Top Bottom