• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nier Replicant ver. 1.22474487139... |OT| Unto Thy Shade

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
BTW for those worried about the grind, pretty sure one of the nice things about the bonus dungeons was that in addition to the costume unlocks they rewarded you with some of the more hard to find crafting mats. Pretty handy.

If I remember right the ability to enter gets unlocked at the midway point of the game, via an item in your home. Although I'm pretty sure the difficulty was pitched significantly higher than anything in the main game so it really was an endgame/ng+ sort of thing.

Reactions: Isa

Isa

Gold Member
Nice OT! This'll be the next game I dive in to complete. I wish Sony would let us have themes on PS5, I'll probably DL the theme there just to have it lol. I'm interested to hear and see the new stuff.

Looking forward to giving this game another shot. I picked it up back at the original launch and fell in love with the world, characters, and music... but the gameplay was so lackluster that I just couldn't push myself to finish it.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Kinda figured this would be priced at 40...
Demon's Souls was 1:1 remake with barely added extra but it cost more that $60 but this Nier Replicant comes with extra episode and extra content.

Last edited:

Quezacolt

Demon's Souls was 1:1 remake with barely added extra but it cost more that $60 but this Nier Replicant comes with extra episode and extra content.
I don't get this logic at all. Sure, demon's souls remake was a 1:1 remake, but it was also a showcase for next-gen systems. Would i have loved to get more content? Sure, but this doesnt take away the work done on the remake and how solid everything about it is.

Danjin44

I don't get this logic at all. Sure, demon's souls remake was a 1:1 remake, but it was also a showcase for next-gen systems. Would i have loved to get more content? Sure, but this doesnt take away the work done on the remake and how solid everything about it is.
I highly enjoyed Demon's Souls a lot, its the reason I got my PS5 but saying this Nier Replicant doesn't worth $60 even tho has more changes to the gameplay and more content, While Demon's has less added content and less change to its gameplay but it worth full price just because "graphics"? I don't really get the logic behind that, is "graphics" makes the game worth full price for you guys?

Last edited:

Quezacolt

I highly enjoyed Demon's Souls a lot, its the reason I got my PS5 but saying this Nier Replicant doesn't worth $60 even tho has more changes to the gameplay and more content, While Demon's has less added content and less change to its gameplay but it worth full price just because "graphics"? I don't really get the logic behind that, is "graphics" makes the game worth full price for you guys?
i never said that Nier doesnt deserve to be priced at 60. I think it's well worth it. Every area of the game was improved. I just dont get why demon's souls has to always be brought forth into every topic when it comes around talking about prices.
I hate the fact that sony increased the prices of their first party games, but if you ask me, both nier and demons souls are worth 60 (i paid 56 for demons souls, always get a discount when pre-ordering games here)

Danjin44

i never said that Nier doesnt deserve to be priced at 60. I think it's well worth it. Every area of the game was improved. I just dont get why demon's souls has to always be brought forth into every topic when it comes around talking about prices.
I hate the fact that sony increased the prices of their first party games, but if you ask me, both nier and demons souls are worth 60 (i paid 56 for demons souls, always get a discount when pre-ordering games here)
Oh I know, the post you first quoted it was me replying to someone who thought this game should be priced $40, I also think Demons Souls remake worth full price. My point is if someone thinks this game worth $40 then so is Demons Souls.

Last edited:

Danjin44

Any word how this’ll run on OG PS4?
Well for now it's not exactly clear the footage we saw its from PS4 or PS5 but I would guess it gonna run decently on OG PS4 or Pro version.

One thing about Automata is the world was seamless between each area without any load times but on PS4 it has little hiccup every time you enter each area.

NieR Replicant/Gestult that was not the case, there are load times when enter different areas, so Replicant might not run same hiccup problem as Automata did on PS4.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Is this related to other yoko taro games like drakengard?! Like you need to know the world and characters of other games to fully enjoy the plot in this one?? Also do i need to finish the game 383273848 times for the real finale like automata?!

Last edited:

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Is this related to other yoko taro game like drakengard?! Like you need to know the world and cahracters of other games to fully enioy the plot in this one?? Also do i need to finish the game 383273848 times for the real finale like automata?!

Yes.

No. But it helps enrich the experience, as does all the external material.

Sort of. You finish the game once for Ending A. Play again (a must do) from the midway point for ending B. To unlock C/D you need to collect all weapons Drakengard-style and have gotten B. But you can get C/D very quickly from the final save point in any NG+ playthrough. But only in that specific order.

So basically ~20hrs. ~10hrs. <1hr/<1hr.

Side stuff like the nightmare dungeons are independent. No idea where the new sub-plot fits, likely in Route B.

Last edited:

Rikku-X

It also helps that the base game here, is much better as well. :messenger_winking:

Last edited:

Danjin44

Is this related to other yoko taro games like drakengard?! Like you need to know the world and characters of other games to fully enjoy the plot in this one??
It is related to Drakengard but you don't need to know what what happened in that to understand what going on in Nier Replicant. I'm pretty sure most who played and enjoyed Nier Gestalt first time didn't even know it was related to original Drakengard.

But if you want to know the lore behind Drakengard/Nier universe I suggest watching this video.

Last edited:

GymWolf

I asked because with automata i always had the feeling of missing something important plot wise...

Last edited:

Sw0pDiller

I don’t know what exactly you expecting here, even by slight chance they do PS5 upgrade down the line the biggest thing you get is higher resolution, you not gonna get any ray tracing or any other graphical features.

We got Atelier Ryza 2 PS5 version and it looks exactly like PS4 version other than better resolution.
To be honest I don't know what kind of fps the game right now but if it's 60 I'm already sold. Don't really care about resolution but with next gen upgrades image quality usually is a step up. Also, for me a ps5 update is an excuse to hold out on buying this game at launch because of my backlog.

Some italian restaurants are serving special pizzas to celebrate the launch of Nier Replicant:

nier-replicant-pizza-02.jpg

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Never played the original, but loved Automata and watched a summary of the Nier: Gestalt on YouTube. Seemed pretty interesting, so I'm excited to give this a try.

HotPocket69

Banned
Hey guys

Uh oh

FnXqIzt.gif

Asylum assemble!!

Oh Mai Goooood that achievement omggggg I cant even quick everyone tweet to the guys at Square and the official Nier account, and Yoko Taro and Nintendo and Bandai Namco let's show them how OFFENSIVE this is
Ill be right there just finishing putting my lipstick on and painting my hair orange

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Hey guys

Uh oh

FnXqIzt.gif
I don’t even know what that thread title means.

Danjin44

Hey guys

Uh oh

FnXqIzt.gif
I guess they enjoy act of getting “offended” over nothing.

chris121580

Hey guys

Uh oh

FnXqIzt.gif
It’s always gotta be something with them. The attention has been off of them for too long since Cyberpunk. The worst forum

N30RYU

On a maths side note... the ver. number isn't a random one...

1.22474487139 = √1.5

So if it was ver.3.2 we use to word this v3.2 instead... replace the v for a √ and we can actually call this remake NieR Replicant √1.5

Last edited:

killatopak

Gold Member
I got my copy but I’m scared.

My memory of the first game is such a treasure to me.

I hope this game lives up to that.

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
Hey guys

Uh oh

FnXqIzt.gif

"Yikes!"

Danjin44

I got my copy but I’m scared.

My memory of the first game is such a treasure to me.

I hope this game lives up to that.
No matter what it never going to be same experience you had in your first time, that just the reality of memories and nostalgic.

Barakov

Hey guys

Uh oh

FnXqIzt.gif
Good. Stay mad you stupid purple website.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Who gives a toss what the losers on Resetera think.

Its a joke based on how in both Nier games if you try to push the camera into an "upskirt" position it triggers an idle animation where they brush it away.

The "secret" has nothing to do with genitalia.

All these pricks have achieved is to "spoiler" a piece of background information that is implied *subtly* exactly once in the game, and has no active impact on plotting, her behaviour and characterization in terms of how Kaine relates to the rest of the cast.

She does have a secret, one that does have major material affects on the story and action, but of course these dipshits either don't or disregard that major point in their rush to virtue signal.

The irony is of course that these fucktards are the ones doing the "othering", whereas Nier is as pro-queer as its possible for a game to be without descending into ham-fisted lecturing about tolerance and self-acceptance.

Last edited:
Top Bottom