• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • The Politics forum has been nuked. Please do not bring political discussion to the rest of the site, or you will be removed. Thanks.

|OT| Nier Replicant ver. 1.22474487139... |OT| Unto Thy Shade

Sep 1, 2020
I just finished The B run through and have gone through a bunch of the third. I think I might quit though since from what I understand you need to get all the weapons to get the D ending which is the only way to get the E play through.

Looking at the weapons it will take forever to get them all. I have enjoyed my time with the game but that kind of busywork for the core experience Is just sad. Am I correct about getting the E play through or is it available after the Completing the game three times and just getting the C ending?

It’s not bad getting the weapons, the difficulty/grind is upgrading them (but you don’t need to do that).

If you liked the game and characters, I’d highly recommend doing it and getting endings D and E. They are by far the best ones.

Reactions: Bridges

Khalid M.

Nov 8, 2018
It’s not bad getting the weapons, the difficulty/grind is upgrading them (but you don’t need to do that).

If you liked the game and characters, I’d highly recommend doing it and getting endings D and E. They are by far the best ones.
I'm early in the game (I reached Seafront). Is there something I should keep in mind to get all endings? FYI I already know I have to get all the weapons.

Bridges

Nov 15, 2016
USA
I'm early in the game (I reached Seafront). Is there something I should keep in mind to get all endings? FYI I already know I have to get all the weapons.
There are a few specific side quests you will have to finish to unlock all the weapons, a few hidden around in crates, a few you'll have to buy from a town weapon shop, and one that you get finishing route B. The rest you will just unlock through the story. You'll get almost all of them just playing the game, maybe towards the end of playthrough B pull up a guide to see which side quests are necessary to get them all.

Otherwise, not much you need to keep in mind. Only other thing of note is you should remember to keep a save from right before you complete route C, because route D is exactly the same except for the choice at the end so you'll save yourself a bunch of time doing it this way.