• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nickelodeon offered Jennette McCurdy $300k in hush money

RAÏSanÏa

Schneider was banned by Nickelodeon from being on set with the cast for ‘emotional abuse’. I seriously doubt they banned him for emotional abuse. He is such a groomer man.
“Come on, take a sip.”
“No thanks.”
“Come on.”
“I’ve never had alcohol before. And I’m only eighteen. Couldn’t I get in trouble?”

“No one’s looking, Jennetter. You’re fine.”
“I dunno.”
“The Victorious kids get drunk together all the time. The iCarly kids are so wholesome. We need to give you guys a little edge.”

The Creator always compares us iCarly kids to the kids on his other hit show, Victorious. I think he thinks it’ll make us try harder.

“I don’t know if drinking is what gives a person edge.”

I look at The Creator’s drink. He picks it up and sloshes it around.

It’s some sort of whiskey mixed with coffee and cream. I do like coffee. “One sip.”
“Okay.”

The Creator hands me his glass and I take a sip. I hate it.
“It’s great.”
“Don’t lie to me. I don’t like when you lie to me.”
“I hate it.”
“That’s better, Jennetter.”

---

That does sound like a phony, bizarre something. It's difficult to imagine someone talking like this at 18. Feels like I'm reading some uncovered Victorian shock drama from 150 years ago. That's it! It's Dracula! Someone get Professor Helsing!

The strangest #metoo reveal yet.

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
Those pics of Dan Schneider with that smile scream creepy to me, let alone the holding gestures.
Having said that, iCarly already went pretty a far with the subtle and not so subtle references to creepydom. I feel for McCurdy, she sounds like she never had a chill moment in life with her upbringing, only to land a gig on a show where the creator is equally a pest.

I find Hollywood has a lot of skeletons and we are just seeing the surface.

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
If what she is claiming is true it wouldn't surprise me. Showbusiness can be sleezy at the best of times to women even when involving major celebrities. Then add in a whole bunch of shows that involve teenage children?

It wouldn't shock me at all if the number of mistreated and/or groomed kids were a lot higher than any of us would expect.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
perry cox scrubs GIF by HULU

"I booked two features during iCarly that I had to turn down because the iCarly team wouldn’t write me out of episodes to go shoot them,"
"The week where I was told Ariana would not be here at all, and that they would write around her absence this episode by having her character be locked in a box. Are you. Kidding me," "So I have to turn down movies while Ariana’s off whistle-toning at the Billboard Music Awards? F**k. This."
"If I wasn’t such a good sport to begin with, I wouldn’t be in this predicament in the first place. I wouldn’t be on this sh**ty show saying these sh**ty lines on this sh**ty set with this sh**ty hairstyle," she added. "Maybe my life would be entirely different right now. I fantasize about it being different. But it’s not different. It’s this. This is what it is. Ariana misses work in pursuit of her music career while I act with a box. I’m pissed about it. And I’m pissed at her. Jealous of her."
"I grew up in Garbage Grove in a god**mned hoarder house with a cancerous mom who constantly wept about not being able to afford rent and utility bills," she added. "Ariana grew up in Boca Raton, Florida, an incredibly wealthy, idyllic town, with a healthy mom who could buy her whatever she wanted, whenever she wanted -- Gucci bags, fancy vacations, Chanel outfits."

"When I initially got a development deal with Nickelodeon for my own show a few years ago, I thought it was gonna be just that... my own show," she continued. "This was supposed to be Just Puckett, the harrowing tale of a brassy juvenile delinquent-turned-school counselor. Now it’s some half-baked two-hander -- Sam & Cat -- about a brassy juvenile delinquent who, with her 'ditzy best friend,' starts a babysitting company called 'Sam & Cat’s Super Rockin’ Fun-Time Babysitting Service.' This is not harrowing."

"Ariana is at the stage in her career where she’s popping up on every 30 Under 30 list that exists. And I’m at the stage in my career where my team is excited that I’m the new face of Rebecca Bonbon, a tween clothing line featuring a cat with her tongue sticking out. Sold exclusively at Walmart," she wrote. "And I frequently make the mistake of comparing my career to Ariana’s. I can’t help it. I’m constantly in the same environment as her, and she doesn’t exactly try to hide her successes."
"That was the moment I broke," she added. "I couldn’t take it anymore. Music performances and magazine covers... whatever, I’ll get over it. But playing a family game at National Treasure, two-time Academy Award–winner and six-time nominee Tom Hanks’s house? I’m done."

"I didn’t like her. I couldn’t like her."

"Pop star success I could handle, but hanging out with Sheriff Woody, with Forrest F**king Gump? This has gone too far," she added. "So now, every time she misses work, it feels like a personal attack. Every time something exciting happens to her, I feel like she robbed me of having that experience myself."
Damn that some jealously girl.

Last edited:
Top Bottom