• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Playoffs CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIPS |OT| Franchise QB required for entry

bucyou

1011819682-JETS-AT-BILLS19-1260x800.jpg
Patrick-Mahomes-1.jpg
fat-packer-fan.jpg
tom-brady-buccaneers-photo-uniform-2020-590x659.jpg

2020-kc-tb.png

CHAMPIONSHIP SUNDAY

TB@GB 3:05PM EST
BUF@KC 6:40 PM EST

TB@GB- I've watched virtually every Bucs game for the past 30 years, so the culture of losing makes me hesitant to choose them here, but I handed them the L before the Aints game last week even started. This team has the same nastiness and arrogance of the goldens years of Bucs defense from 98-03, which featured hall of famers Warren Sapp and Derrick Brooks, along with HOF nominees John Lynch and Ronde Barber. There is no dispute that the Superbowl year defense was one of the top 3 squads in NFL history. Devin White had one of the single most impressive individual performances in playoff history last week. Carlton Davis shut down All Pro WR Michael Thomas, whom had zero catches. Pro Bowl RB Alvin Kamara was held to under 60 yards rushing, and of course Brees threw multiple INTs to quite possibly end his career. The game earlier this year when Tampa destroyed Green Bay means nothing, both teams are much better and mostly healthy. If TB defense shows up and shows out again, swarming the ball and getting after future HOFer Aaron Rodgers , then the Bucs will be the first team in history to play in the Superbowl on their home field. AB and Scotty Miller will be the X factors. Tompa Bay wins in an instant classic

BUF@KC - I like Allen, I like Mahomes. I also like the underdog. GO BILLS

Last edited:

Moogle11

Banned
Raiders fan so all I’m rooting for is the Chiefs to lose, Bucs as well as fuck Tom Brady. Otherwise fine seeing the Bills finally win one or Rodgers win another since it’s been a while and I don’t care about the Packers one way or the other.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
KC looked very pedestrian last week vs Browns, that tells me they’ll have trouble with the Bills.

Tom Brady, and Tampa Bay what a duo. Just a remarkable team and it must kill people knowing Tom is getting his 7th ring.

manfestival

Raiders fan so all I’m rooting for is the Chiefs to lose, Bucs as well as fuck Tom Brady. Otherwise fine seeing the Bills finally win one or Rodgers win another since it’s been a while and I don’t care about the Packers one way or the other.
You want the Packers over the BUCS just because of Tom Brady? BOO THIS MAN
The odds are definitely against the Bucs just like last week. I am happy that they made it this far. I really do hope they prepare their hearts out and give 110% to make the dream come true.

Home field advantage for the Superb Owl is the dream. Team 813. Let us get another Owl

Moogle11

Banned
You want the Packers over the BUCS just because of Tom Brady? BOO THIS MAN
The odds are definitely against the Bucs just like last week. I am happy that they made it this far. I really do hope they prepare their hearts out and give 110% to make the dream come true.

Home field advantage for the Superb Owl is the dream. Team 813. Let us get another Owl
Well not only that. Haven’t liked them since they beat the Raiders in the Super Bowl in 2003 (2002 season) and dislike Florida in general.

Really don’t care that much in general as I’ve cut back my sports to just watching my team’s games (and not all of them, mostly major games—especially for football which I’ve been gradually losing interest in for years now) or watching socially. Will only watch these if we have some friends over, otherwise my weekend will be catching up/getting ahead on work before a minor surgery on Monday and playing games.

Last edited:

manfestival

Well not only that. Haven’t liked them since they beat the Raiders in the Super Bowl in 2003 (2002 season) and dislike Florida in general.

Really don’t care that much in general as I’ve cut back my sports to just watching my team’s games (and not all of them) or watching socially. Will only watch these if we have some friends over, otherwise my weekend will be catching up/getting ahead on work before a minor surgery on Monday and playing games.
Ok ok ok that is totally fair. The Gruden Bowl was quite an amazing story. Just like the idea of the Bucs/Brady facing the Bills in the Owl.

Speedy recovery on your surgery there.

The prospect of a Super Bowl against 2 quarterbacks who were both in the AFC East a few years ago has the potential to be exciting. I am, and forever rooting for the Chiefs to lose against the Bills. Contradicting a few things I've said against the chiefs, I do like Mahomes. However, I don't really want the same team to win the Super Bowl. As long as that happens, I don't really care whoever faces the Bills in the Super Bowl.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Packers Bills Superbowl is what I'm hoping for

The Chiefs/Mahomes are the new Patriots so we're stuck with them for like a decade and nobody wants to see Brady win yet another ring.

I really like this Bills team, but they have pretty much 0 running game so that could get fucky if they need to keep Mahomes out of the field. Wouldn't mind to see Rodgers win another one for dat LGBTQI+ representation.

KrakenIPA

KC looking strong, i wonder if there is a grizzled veteran QB somewhere that can rise to the challenge of taking them down?

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
I love it when no team I care about ends up in the finals, I can watch without caring at all. I guess I'd prefer that the Bills beat the Chiefs if I had to choose, but I'm more concerned with my Heatonist order showing up before Sunday for my array of wings.

GreatnessRD

I don't really care who wins the AFC Championship. Even though the Bills eliminated my Ravens, I can't dislike them. Mahomes is really that man, so it would nice to see him defend his championship. On the NFC side, I want the Packers to win. Was my mother's favorite team and lowkey wouldn't mind seeing a Chiefs vs. Packers shootout, perhaps.

Top Bottom