• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hey Guest. Check out the NeoGAF 2.2 Update Thread for details on our new Giphy integration and other new features.

NFL player DeSean Jackson posts anti-semitic quotes attributed to Hitler (and also Farrakhan quotes), claims he doesn't hate Jewish people

Jun 17, 2019
I'm not surprised by the NFL response. History has proven that when it comes to anti semitism it's fair play.

Thank God as a Jew I have Israel.

The world treats Jewish blood as cheap.

Black anti semitism is exploding because of that Farrahkan piece of shit.

cryptoadam

Banned
Feb 21, 2018
I'm not surprised by the NFL response. History has proven that when it comes to anti semitism it's fair play.

Thank God as a Jew I have Israel.

The world treats Jewish blood as cheap.

Black anti semitism is exploding because of that Farrahkan piece of shit.

Start reading up on Aliyah. If the extreme left gets in power its going to he rough. If theres a huge swing and the extreme right rises were screwed.

Jun 17, 2019
Start reading up on Aliyah. If the extreme left gets in power its going to he rough. If theres a huge swing and the extreme right rises were screwed.

Thank Goodness I already have an Israeli passport, however I've already made my application for alyiah as a returning Olim and been accepted through The Jewish Agency for Israel. (The UK counterpart of Nefesh B Nefesh).

The moment it gets bad I'm going.

Reactions: cryptoadam
Mar 18, 2018
Extreme right has as much bullet magnetism as the extreme left in my book. They will never hold our country without a fight.

Men_in_Boxes

May 31, 2020
Stephen Jackson is literally retarded. He's a symbol of hope among the special needs community throughout the country.

• LOL
Reactions: nyr88nyg

O-N-E

Jul 11, 2018
DeSean what are you doing bby...

Stephen Jackson (the former NBA player, close friend of George Floyd, co-host of All the Smoke podcast) came out with a videi defending DeSean, I like Stack, but come on now.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: brap

O-N-E

Jul 11, 2018
As odd as it may sound, Ethiopian Jews have a solid claim to early Jewish heritage that's well documented in history.

Ethiopian Jewish DNA is indistinguishable from the average Ethiopian population. They're the same people. This indicates conversion as their origin. So the bolded is wrong.

Abraham and his family came from modern-day Iraq (the city of Ur Kasdim). East from Israel. Not South-West. Not any type of African.

Last edited:

down 2 orth

Oct 27, 2013
Ethiopian Jewish DNA is indistinguishable from the average Ethiopian population. They're the same people. This indicates conversion as their origin. So the bolded is wrong.

Abraham and his family came from modern-day Iraq (the city of Ur Kasdim). East from Israel. Not South-West. Not any type of African.

Yes, but the historical claims to those tests are highly debated, not to mention politicized. Essentially they determine ancestry, not Jewishness. There's no "Jewish gene".

And ethnicity itself is not defined by science. If you're going by genetics alone, most Ashkenazi Jews would not have any claim either, as their DNA originates in Russia, and by extension Central Asia and the business groups that traded along the Silk Road. Those groups were at times in close contact with Jews from the Middle East and intermarried with them, but their origins lie in conversion as well, which is historically documented. I'm not aware of any historical evidence of conversion for Ethiopian Jews. If they want to make the claim to being one of the lost tribes of Isreal, they would have just as good a claim as anyone else in the region, except for maybe the Mizrahi.

Reactions: Bonfires Down

Slings and Arrows

and Ceramide R
Apr 19, 2019
Away with the fairies
That message, in this context, isn't racist against jews.

I'm all for shitting on people, it's my second favourite hobby, but the dude was using the quote to point out the 'we wuz kangz' side, not the jewish genocide. Though, he should have known better than to quote Hitler.

Prove me wrong

Before you reply, keep in mind "it's OK when we do it".

O-N-E

Jul 11, 2018
Yes, but the historical claims to those tests are highly debated, not to mention politicized. Essentially they determine ancestry, not Jewishness. There's no "Jewish gene".

And ethnicity itself is not defined by science. If you're going by genetics alone, most Ashkenazi Jews would not have any claim either, as their DNA originates in Russia, and by extension Central Asia and the business groups that traded along the Silk Road. Those groups were at times in close contact with Jews from the Middle East and intermarried with them, but their origins lie in conversion as well, which is historically documented. I'm not aware of any historical evidence of conversion for Ethiopian Jews. If they want to make the claim to being one of the lost tribes of Isreal, they would have just as good a claim as anyone else in the region, except for maybe the Mizrahi.

How are they a lost Tribe with all their DNA being Ethiopian? Are all the Ethiopians also actually Jews? Why aren't they related in the slightest to Mizrahi Jews if we're part of the same heritage?

I'm a Mizrahi Jew. Ashkenazi Jews are much more closely related to us than they are any other ethnicity. We're part of the same group. A unique group. So again, more bullshit.

I feel like we've already had this discussion before, but I'm gonna hit you with this again. If we want to talk about historical proof, how about the very real lineage of Rabbis we've got going back 2000 years and beyond? You think those Rabbis in Israel 2000 years back were Black? How come Mizrahim and Ashkenazim are the ones with this lineage?

Also, spell it "Israel" next time. You can do it. I know you can.

That message, in this context, isn't racist against jews.

I'm all for shitting on people, it's my second favourite hobby, but the dude was using the quote to point out the 'we wuz kangz' side, not the jewish genocide. Though, he should have known better than to quote Hitler.

Prove me wrong

Before you reply, keep in mind "it's OK when we do it".

It's so fucking easy to prove you wrong.

The quote is about us Jews actually being fake Jews and it being some secret we don't want to get out. If this is the idea he wants to be accepted by the public and by the "fake" Jews themselves, it's simply another genocide attempt. Destruction of authenticity rather than the body.

In Judaism, we consider one who destroys your soul worse than one who destroys your body.

Also, it's a fake quote, attributed to ADOLF HITLER.

*mic drop*

Last edited:

Slings and Arrows

and Ceramide R
Apr 19, 2019
Away with the fairies
@O-N-E

It's so fucking easy to prove you wrong.

The quote is about us Jews actually being fake Jews and it being some secret we don't want to get out. If this is the idea he wants to be accepted by the public and by the "fake" Jews themselves, it's simply another genocide attempt. Destruction of authenticity rather than the body.

In Judaism, we consider one who destroys your soul worse than one who destroys your body.

Also, it's a fake quote, attributed to ADOLF HITLER.

*mic drop*

I never disputed the quote. What I said was that in this context, a black player, is using the quote to strengthen the belief that black people in the US are treated unfairly and are kept 'down' by whitey.

Without lumping in all blacks, as that would be racist, they see Jews and whites as the same. Not long ago, cryptoadam cryptoadam posted a thread where Jews and whites were classed as the same and the thread was about a twitter post pushing the narrative that any enemy of the blacks is lumped in with white supremacy.

From there, it isn't hard to believe that Jews have stolen from blacks as much as whites, from the perspective of this black nfl player at least.

He has chosen the quote, not because of the ties to genocide by Hitler - because let's be honest, a guy who gets smashed in the head for a living isn't going to be the brightest bulb in the house - he chose it because we wuz kangz. Do you genuinely believe half of the people in America, let alone the African American population, know of Hitler?

So, as easy as it was to 'prove me wrong', why don't you pic your mic up and try again, Billy big bollox.

Last edited:

sobaka770

Jun 25, 2013
Lausanne, Switzerland
Didn't you hear? It's BLM and LGBTQ+ time! Antisemitism is so 20th century we don't care about properly addressing those anymore...

Double standards, if he came out against BLM or was simply accused of sexual assault without any evidence he'd be more than just talked to.

I will however give Eagles a couple of days to make it right.

oagboghi2

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2018

He has chosen the quote, not because of the ties to genocide by Hitler - because let's be honest, a guy who gets smashed in the head for a living isn't going to be the brightest bulb in the house - he chose it because we wuz kangz. Do you genuinely believe half of the people in America, let alone the African American population, know of Hitler?
you think half of America doesn’t know who Hitler is?

why are you defending this guy?

down 2 orth

Oct 27, 2013
How are they a lost Tribe with all their DNA being Ethiopian? Are all the Ethiopians also actually Jews? Why aren't they related in the slightest to Mizrahi Jews if we're part of the same heritage?

I'm a Mizrahi Jew. Ashkenazi Jews are much more closely related to us than they are any other ethnicity. We're part of the same group. A unique group. So again, more bullshit.

I feel like we've already had this discussion before, but I'm gonna hit you with this again. If we want to talk about historical proof, how about the very real lineage of Rabbis we've got going back 2000 years and beyond? You think those Rabbis in Israel 2000 years back were Black? How come Mizrahim and Ashkenazim are the ones with this lineage?

Also, spell it "Israel" next time. You can do it. I know you can.

Listen, I'm not attacking you and what I write is for the sake of having a proper discussion. If you want to get into insults, that's not going to help any points you make.

What makes someone a member of an ethnic group is self-recognition and the recognition of others. There is no science to determine what makes a person Jewish, or else aliyah would be determined solely on the basis of genetic testing. When I did a genetic test to find out about my Ashkenazi origins from Austria-Hungary, it just came out as Russia, with a pinch of Portugal and Spain. I mean don't you think it's weird that Ashkenazi people in Western countries look essentially like almost any other Western Caucasian and rarely have any physical Semitic traits? Jewish communities almost always have a closer genetic link to the regions where their diasporas are/were. That's not to play down their Jewishness, it's just that there's no scientific way to define what makes someone Jewish. It's culturally defined.

Reactions: darkangel-212559

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Sep 2, 2007
I don’t think you get to be up to your neck in Nation of Islam nonsense and then turn around and basically say “Oops, I didn’t know it was going to come off like that”. The whole premise there is that Black people are the real Israelites and “Jews” are evil.

Have any players come out against this? Just a few weeks ago they all banded together to shame Drew Brees into apologizing 14 times.

The only reason they did that was because half the league is black so it’s really about locker room harmony.

If half the league were Jewish then the same thing would have happened.

I totally agree from the outside and from a PR perspective that the silence is bullshit though.

appaws

Banned
Jan 31, 2008
Taylorsville, Ky!
So Desean Jackson is dopey. Why do we expect anything more from a football player? I admire all these guys for the superhuman shit they do on the field, but why would anyone care about their thoughts regarding, well, anything?

He is gonna take a lot of shit for offending the most privileged group with the most media control and a quick and well funded defense force of pressure groups and the blue cheka. But unlike the washed up Kaepernick he can still play, so it will be most likely some weepy mea culpa and forgotten.

Pumpkin Seeds

Jul 13, 2018
All these black athletes talking about the secret history and yet not giving any credit to Yakub? Straight up stealing his genius.

Yeesh. Another sad example of black on black crime.

Oct 26, 2018
So Desean Jackson is dopey. Why do we expect anything more from a football player? I admire all these guys for the superhuman shit they do on the field, but why would anyone care about their thoughts regarding, well, anything?
That's people's biggest mistake.

Athletes. Rich, famous and super athletic? Ya.

Typically 20-35 years old, half didn't even go to school, their key coworkers (teammates) are all the same kind of people, so they don't have experince working in places with 20-70 year olds, they get pandered to keep them happy and shut them up, and half of them can barely communicate well.

And somehow these people are looked to as inspiration vs....... how about your own parents who likely aren't rich, but are older, more grounded and have decades more experience.

Who knew.

Last edited:

cryptoadam

Banned
Feb 21, 2018
He was reading from a Hoteb/BHI book. Hitler didnt even say that its a fake quote.

These NOI/BHI guys feel emboldened now.

There whole thing is being anitsemetic.

BLM made the mistake in the UK to bring Jews into it and BLM stateside might make that mistake.

No one can out kvetch us Jews. We been in the game for 5000 years. Even BLMs paymaster is a Jew so they might not want to bite the hand that feeds.

Teletraan1

May 17, 2012
Canada
You would think that these teams would have a policy about social media. I have had to sign social media policy agreements for mid level jobs where I could be fired for things said on social media. These athletes are making millions and in the public eye representing a team. Doesn't seem like a smart move to just let a bunch of people who only went to college to play sports and get hit in the head mouth off unfiltered on social media. This is also the reason why their words should carry no actual weight because they are a bunch of idiots. Anyone who seeks answers from a sports celebrity on anything outside of sports is an idiot.

Oct 26, 2018
You would think that these teams would have a policy about social media. I have had to sign social media policy agreements for mid level jobs where I could be fired for things said on social media. These athletes are making millions and in the public eye representing a team. Doesn't seem like a smart move to just let a bunch of people who only went to college to play sports and get hit in the head mouth off unfiltered on social media. This is also the reason why their words should carry no actual weight because they are a bunch of idiots. Anyone who seeks answers from a sports celebrity on anything outside of sports is an idiot.
I get what you're saying, but with the way athletes/celebs needing to be so social with followers and fans, I think it's impossible to stop them all from doing it. So every team and coach will have to live with it and hope they don't say anything dumb.

I'm sure every team has told them their job is the kind that gets a lot of attention, so don't say anything stupid, but athletes/media people are typically selfish, looking for attention, and seemingly thinks because they are well known, their opinion is gold standard. So there's no stopping it.

I've always worked in large companies. Out of the 1000s of employees (more like 10000s for some.... googling it now, one I worked at has 80000 workers), I don't see or hear any employees doing dumb social media posts representing the company whether it's a low level scrub or the CEO, yet in sports it seems every team has at least one dopehead trying to act like a politician.

The company I work at doesn't have a contract about it you have to sign, but they just say don't say anything dumb related to the company even if you think you mean well. Don't do it. If you need to respond to something you see, tell the marketing department and they will look into it. And if it's worth replying to, they will construct a responsible statement that doesn't mess up the company.

Last edited:

O-N-E

Jul 11, 2018
If you want to get into insults, that's not going to help any points you make.

False flag. I didn't insult you. Calling out bullshit isn't an insult. You went for this response instead of addressing the illogical conclusion of "lost tribe" and ignoring the Rabbinical heritage of Mizrahim, Sephardim, Ashkenazim.

I mean don't you think it's weird that Ashkenazi people in Western countries look essentially like almost any other Western Caucasian and rarely have any physical Semitic traits?

False. Hitler's propaganda arm relied heavily on this being false. Sure, there are quite a few that are blonde haired / blue eyed etc, but there are also those that are indistinguishable from Middle Easterners. Some intermixing with non-Jewish populations has led to variance in phenotype, but not an outright change into pure Europeans. Ashkenazim are still mostly Semitic on a genetic level.

Above: Famous Ashkenazi Jews

Jewish communities almost always have a closer genetic link to the regions where their diasporas are/were. That's not to play down their Jewishness, it's just that there's no scientific way to define what makes someone Jewish. It's culturally defined.

False. On average, all the different types of Jews among Mizrahim, Sephardim, Ashkenazim are much more closely related to each other, than other populations.

• Fire

Neil Young

Mar 26, 2020
When it comes to this fucking league, who knows what will happen. You have guys who have committed vehicular manslaughter still play, who were probably accomplices in a murder and other crimes, who killed dogs, who beat their women, multiple drug offences. And the best part, many of them.....GOT THE SAME OR LESS AMOUNT OF PUNISHMENT THAN A GUY WHO MAY HAVE LET A PUFF OF AIR OUT OF A FOOTBALL!!!

Brees has to go on a national apology tour for saying we should stand for the national anthem. Fuck the NFL. These fucking leagues thinking we should give a shit when we're all struggling to get by and telling us how racist we all are when paying Mahomes 40 mil a year.

Oct 2, 2017
Why the hell is Fox News or any other major outlet besides ESPN reporting on this? BLM leaders and prominent black athletes are promoting Hitler, Farrakhan and NoI with a lot of athletes secretly supporting anti-semitism. Its almost like they don't want to rile up their own anti-semites lol.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2013
Why the hell is Fox News or any other major outlet besides ESPN reporting on this? BLM leaders and prominent black athletes are promoting Hitler, Farrakhan and NoI with a lot of athletes secretly supporting anti-semitism. Its almost like they don't want to rile up their own anti-semites lol.

Don't worry, they will focus on another Mel Gibson moment.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Nov 13, 2013
Eagles owner and GM Lurie and Roseman are both Jewish. No one can grandstand about them not taking antisemitism seriously. Other people Preaching to Jews how they should respond to situations is quite arrogant.