• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT2| Brought To You By Buckethead™

Status
Not open for further replies.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
The NFL announced Tuesday that Blackmon has been suspended without pay for the team's first four games of the 2013 regular season for violating the NFL Policy and Program for Substances of Abuse. Blackmon will be eligible to return to the Jaguars' active roster on Monday, September 30 following the team's September 29 game against the Indianapolis Colts.

Not peds.

jakncoke

Banned
Already had two DUIs prior to being in the league. It may be unfair to speculate, but I wonder if he committed a third and they still decided to punish him for it. It wouldn't be unprecedented for actions committed when a player wasn't even a league member counting against him.

Arent most 3rd DUI enough to get you like 6 months jail time, or is that for just regular people

Draxal

Thanks, guys. XL it is. (this one is for me. My daughter already has a regular 3DS).

I would have waited for the Animal Crossing 3ds XL, but yeah the Xl is just a much better system than the normal 3ds.

(I'd try the fire emblem demo before buying; I love the game but it's a japanese strategy rpg so it's not for everyone (it's easily the best one in the genre though).

effzee

Andy Reid: Kansas City Chiefs didn't want Matt Barkley

LOL we should believe him why? The walrus has lied and lied and lied like a psychopath over the past 5 years. Maybe they were interested in him maybe they weren't but for the Eagles, they had Barkley ranked in their top 50 and of those 50 players he was the only one left. So they didn't want the Chiefs or anyone to take him over them.

Blackmon lol. Jags starting QB by the end of the season will be Scott.

Colasante

does anyone have contract specifics?

that's a ridiculous amount to lose based on 4 games lost

He hasn't lost the $10 million yet. Odds are that he'll remain on the Jaguars' roster for the remainder of his contract, so he'll still make the money. The only money he definitively lost are the paychecks for the four games for which he'll serve his suspension.

Kiryu

Blackmon being suspended recommends that everyone should try have Cecil Shorts on their fantasy football if there's no good WR left in Fantasy Football Draft.

squicken

He hasn't lost the $10 million yet. Odds are that he'll remain on the Jaguars' roster for the remainder of his contract, so he'll still make the money. The only money he definitively lost are the paychecks for the four games for which he'll serve his suspension.

Yep. I do hope it is not booze. I remember there was a pre-draft interview with him, and like a lot of college kids, he had liquor bottles stacked around his place. I thought it was weird his agent wouldn't want that cleaned up before an interview, but otherwise figured he was just a normal kid. But two DUIs and now this. I'm sure the Jags are really worried they might have the next Koren Robinson

Hunter S.

Bottles of booze stacked around your place during college is a right of passage. Man should have used a bike around campus like a good yuppie.
No DUIs.

Fantomex

Why didn't you guys ever show me this gif? It's great.

walruskc.gif

effzee

He is a moron for whatever he did but on NFL live just now they were talking about how he does these dumb things but on the other hand he does good things too like befriending a sick girl who he even brought to the draft as part of his group. Hope he gets it together. When he started to play better last year it was fun to watch.

Draxal

He is a moron for whatever he did but on NFL live just now they were talking about how he does these dumb things but on the other hand he does good things too like befriending a sick girl who he even brought to the draft as part of his group. Hope he gets it together. When he started to play better last year it was fun to watch.

Sounds like Kenny Britt, good dude who just does the most stupid things possible.

Hunter S.

Godslay if you see this I wondered at your opinion of Monte Ball, despite some not so hot reception from the media my dad is pretty excited for him as he watches a lot of college ball. Seemed like a decent choice. A big guy like Mcgehee and supposedly faster.

Colasante

Do the Colts have any plans to upgrade their running back position? Vic Ballard is serviceable but they could use a more dynamic back in their offense. I wonder if Grigson just thought the running game would improve if he upgraded the offensive line in the draft. I could see them picking up Ahmad Bradshaw or trading for an RB, Grigson loves trading and has a history dealing with the Eagles and Broncos. Maybe they'd take McGahee or Moreno.

squicken

Josh Gordon the best WR of that draft now bar none WOOOOO!

TY Hilton or Chris Givens

Do the Colts have any plans to upgrade their running back position? Vic Ballard is serviceable but they could use a more dynamic back in their offense. I wonder if Grigson just thought the running game would improve if he upgraded the offensive line in the draft. I could see them picking up Ahmad Bradshaw or trading for an RB, Grigson loves trading and has a history dealing with the Eagles and Broncos. Maybe they'd take McGahee or Moreno.

I think McGahee is done and I'm not sure who would want Moreno. Bradshaw will probably have to wait until camp to see who gets injuries. For now, the Colts will run a rotation, but they like Ballard

Draxal

Next year's draft is going to be loaded at WR (of course anything can change ... but I'm just liking the talent level there).

Hunter S.

I doubt Moreno is on the table to be traded.Manning turned him into a received, and he solved his early fumbling problems. He is pretty athletic, can hurdle and move like no other on the Broncos. Mcgahee is probably worth little and will be a depth guy. MCgahee still had the highest yards per down for the broncos last year, but it was not too impressive. Plus, he has a long history of knee problems. Without a star RB I do not see a trade from the broncos on RB.

Well, Bill only drafts Rutgers defensive players; but Coleman is actually a perfect marriage of need for you guys. 6 foot 6 receivers who can run a 4.4 aren't too common.

Next year Bill will take all their offensive players. I would looooooove for them to draft Coleman, but he'll probably be long gone before the Pats pick. (I love talking about next year's draft right after this year's draft).

Amendola, Boyce, Coleman, Dobson and Edelman.

The ABCDE-offense.

We just need a guy with the F so we can have the ABCDEFG-offense with Gronk and Hernando.

squicken

Next year Bill will take all their offensive players. I would looooooove for them to draft Coleman, but he'll probably be long gone before the Pats pick. (I love talking about next year's draft right after this year's draft).

The ABCDE-offense.

We just need a guy with the F so we can have the ABCDEFG-offense with Gronk and Hernando.

Gronk will be down to one arm by then and in Class 5 CDC isolation for Omega-Herpes

Draxal

The ABCDE-offense.

Next year's draft just looks amazing now. Of course this is a year out and Barkely was going to be number one in 2013 but due to his disastrous season.

Coleman is probably going to be the fourth wr pick in the draft unless Rutgers qb play significantly improves (he's a good wr, but he not CJ level were CJ can make up for a shitty shitty college quarterback).

cdyhybrid

Next year's draft just looks amazing now. Of course this is a year out and Barkely was going to be number one in 2013 but due to his disastrous season.

Coleman is probably going to be the fourth wr pick in the draft unless Rutgers qb play significantly improves (he's a good wr, but he not CJ level were CJ can make up for a shitty shitty college quarterback).

That's being generous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom