• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT2| Brought To You By Buckethead™

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fantomex

Agreed. Gaikai actually limits games to 30fps specifically to help with latency (whereas Onlive in its prime targeted 60fps). I've played games like the Witcher 2 on the service and "comically bad" isn't what I'd call the experience. Certainly room for improvement as the technology is young but you gotta love the technology frozen in time argument. It sucks today so it will suck forever! It never fails.

I applied for a design job with Gakai. They never called me in for an interview. Jerks.

Greg

I bought a Samsung LED LCD once and that thing taught me all about the horrors of input lag. I messed with settings for ages trying to get it to a point where I could deal with it, but it was always noticeable and always annoying. After that I bought a Panasonic Plasma and never looked back.

So yeah, I expect input lag to be a deal-breaker to me when it comes to streaming games as well, unless they somehow surprise me and get it to the point where I can't notice it.
off-topic heads up - the new Arsis CD is out (Spotify link because I know you like them)

they did a cover of Sunglasses at Night, and it's glorious:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoZtqQXycWM

bionic77

Since we need news, the Sea Gals' 2013 roster has been announced!

0Rg0jgQ.jpg
There are some butterfaces and flat chests in that photo. Cheating Pete need to get involved and hook them up with some LA plastic surgeons.

SB odds Top 5/Bottom 5

49ers 6/1
Broncos 7/1
Patriots 8/1
Seahawks 9/1
Packers 12/1

--

Cardinals 140/1
Titans 140/1
Bills 150/1
Raiders 200/1
Jaguars 200/1
None of those teams will win the SB.

One of the bottom 5 teams might get there.

The rule of suck. It has been pretty damn consistent for the past 9 years.

squicken

Anyone here an SEC diehard? Didn't really see much Vanderbilt this year. What's the scoop on Zac Stacy? Pretty impressive to lead the SEC in YPC at Vandy, but he's small and lasted until the 5th round for a reason

cdyhybrid

There are some butterfaces and flat chests in that photo. Cheating Pete need to get involved and hook them up with some LA plastic surgeons.

None of those teams will win the SB.

One of the bottom 5 teams might get there.

The rule of suck. It has been pretty damn consistent for the past 9 years.

I don't like what you are implying, sir.

The most important criteria for being a Sea Gal is representing the team as a positive influence in the community.

bionic77

I don't like what you are implying, sir.

The most important criteria for being a Sea Gal is representing the team as a positive influence in the community.
Pete is all about winning, by any means necessary. Whether it is PEDs, bending the rules, or intentionally hurting another player. The Seahawks should be consistent and get a Pete like message out via the cheerleaders, that only looks matter for girls in life.

By letting some uglies and some flat chested chicks on the team they are teaching the young girls of Seattle all the wrong lessons in life (life according to Pete). If this is really Pete's team it should manifest itself in everything, including the cheerleaders.

Colasante

John Idzik is now saying that Greg McElroy could start if he outplayed everyone. I continue to fear that Idzik actually knows what he's doing. Now I wish they'd have kept Tannenbaum.

cdyhybrid

Pete is all about winning, by any means necessary. Whether it is PEDs, bending the rules, or intentionally hurting another player. The Seahawks should be consistent and get a Pete like message out via the cheerleaders, that only looks matter for girls in life.

By letting some uglies and some flat chested chicks on the team they are teaching the young girls of Seattle all the wrong lessons in life (life according to Pete). If this is really Pete's team it should manifest itself in everything, including the cheerleaders.

I think you're confusing model citizen Pete Carroll for Cheatin' Chip Kelly.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
John Idzik is now saying that Greg McElroy could start if he outplayed everyone. I continue to fear that Idzik actually knows what he's doing. Now I wish they'd have kept Tannenbaum.

If the Jest go into training camp with 5 qb's, then none of them will be ready to play because there won't be enough reps.

jakncoke

Banned
sure fucking hate mornings that were set up for you to fail hard as fuck. forgetting work time card and original set of keys at home then coming home after work and finding out you got the key to get into your apt section but not the right apt key. well at least i didnt have to pay 35 bucks this time

Colasante

If the Jest go into training camp with 5 qb's, then none of them will be ready to play because there won't be enough reps.

They promised Sanchez he'd get the first rep of training camp as a symbolic gesture, but if they are really interested in making their team better they'd let Garrard, Smith, and McElroy take the lion's share of the reps, similar to how Jackson, Wilson, and Flynn split reps last summer. Sanchez and the 5th QB shouldn't take serious reps away from the potential starters.

Blackmon getting suspended

Never thought Blackmon would make Dez Bryant look like a well-behaved member of society.

squicken

Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer 2m
Per source, ex-Colts GM Chris Polian is headed to Jacksonville. He's been working for Atlanta, worked with Jags GM Dave Caldwell in Indy.

Man I hate to pile on the Jags but as he took on more and more duties in Indy, they got worse and worse. Irsay fired Bill, in part, b/c he didn't want the son taking over as the new GM

jakncoke

Banned
Was listening on the radio that Tebow isnt getting many if any looks so far from NFL teams. But! The Montreal Alouettes said he could come compete for a back up role. This is on Tebow, this is for beating the Steelers

Colasante

It's for Substance Abuse and not for PEDs. Remember that he entered league with alcohol issues

Already had two DUIs prior to being in the league. It may be unfair to speculate, but I wonder if he committed a third and they still decided to punish him for it. It wouldn't be unprecedented for actions committed when a player wasn't even a league member counting against him.

Tamanon

Banned
R. Jay Soward - Multiple suspensions for Substance Abuse
Reggie Williams - Weed and DWI
Matt Jones - Cocaine, Alcohol
Justin Blackmon - DUI, DUI

Everybody wants to be Jimmy Smith - DUI, Cocaine, but he saved most of his troubles for AFTER his career.

bionic77

I think you're confusing model citizen Pete Carroll for Cheatin' Chip Kelly.
I am going by what FMT told me.

According to him Pete is dirtier than one of FMTs sex fantasies.

Was listening on the radio that Tebow isnt getting many if any looks so far from NFL teams. But! The Montreal Alouettes said he could come compete for a back up role. This is on Tebow, this is for beating the Steelers
Tebow never getting another chance is a black mark on the entire league. We can accept a gay athlete who never did shit but we can't accept a perfect human being who never did anything but win because he makes reminds everyone of how shitty they are. This is doubly true when you are already worse than everyone else like the people that cheer for and work for the Jets.

Fantomex

3DSXL, unless you plan on carrying it in your pockets everywhere you would choose a regular 3ds because it's smaller and fits fine. XL has Longer battery life, larger viewing area, better feel, less glare. The only choice is the XL.

Need some quick guidance, 3DSXL or regular 3DS - which one is better? Go.
Godslay nailed this question a little while back:

I think the OG 3DS is very well built, and seems less generic than the XL, in terms of finish. The sound on the OG 3DS is richer as well. The screen size makes up for it though with the XL, even if they are slightly warmer than OG 3DS.
I picked up a 3DS at launch and switched to an XL when it came out. I prefer the XL overall but there are a few caveats like Godslay mentioned.

bionic77

Need some quick guidance, 3DSXL or regular 3DS - which one is better? Go.
XL. Better batter and bigger screen. Only negative is you need to be a real fucking man with real fucking man hands to play Kid Icarus on that monster. If you are poor or have a small penis with even smaller hands than get a 3DS, otherwise XL all the way, all day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom