• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT2| Brought To You By Buckethead™

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I leave for one day and other Lions fans choose Ziggy Ansah?

Worst-case scenario. The last thing this team needs is a guy that could take years to develop and has about 5 sacks since high school. No thanks.

Dion Jordan should have been the guy there.

NFL-Gaf Mock Draft 2013

1. Chiefs - Luke Joeckel - T - Texas A&M

That said, right now I expect the pick to be Luke Joeckel. While the Chiefs are also going to work out Lane Johnson and Eric Fisher, Joeckel seems to be the consensus best LT in the draft. He would immediately start at right tackle, and should slide over to LT to fill Albert's spot in 2014. Are these mock draft entries usually full of venom and vitriol towards the expected pick? Because that's all I have left.

2. Jaguars - Eric Fisher - T - Central Michigan

Jags #2 Pick!

Jags have a LOT of holes to fill, and the top 10 is a real crapshoot with who will be the most impactful.

They plan on building the offense around a renewed MJD, preparing to give him a big contract to get him to spend the rest of his career here. That means they need to shore up their offensive line. Since Joeckel is taken, they will pick Eric Fisher from Central Michigan. His specialty is pushing people back, and that's all MJD needs to really use his skills. Defensive Tackles are too hit-and-miss, but O-line are generally stable.

3. Raiders - ChanHuk, Mackenzie 92 - Star Lotulelei - DT - University of Utah

With the #3 selection in the 2013 Mock NFLGAF draft the glorious Oakland Raiders select; Star Lotulelei, defensive tackle University of Utah.

The Raiders are in complete rebuild mode, no more of this nonsense "reload" of the Al Davis era of just overpaying washed up vets. Only 4 starters return from last year's dismal defense, the Raiders need to address their run defense which has been pathetic the last decade.

Star Lotulelei is similar to a player we should've picked in the 2006 NFL draft in Haloti Ngata. Star is not as dominant as Ngata but still commands double team blocks against the run. Star isn't going to get you flashy sack numbers but he'll allow your LBs to make plays. Teams are built in the trenches, Raiders now possess two stout young defensive linemen in Star and Lamar Houston. With the addition of Vance Walker through FA, the Raiders now possess a formidable run stopping defensive line.

4. Eagles - Yankeehater, JABEE - Dee Miliner - CB - University of Alabama

The Eagles have already taken big strides to improve their biggest weakness last year. The Eagles have a ton of holes to fill, but Dee is the best player available that fills one of those holes. Even though Dee doesn't posses the return skills of a Deion Sanders, he is unquestionably the best CB in this draft.

5. Lions - WedgeX, Goldlion054, Kastrioti, Plinko - Ziggy Ansah - DE - BYU

Worst case scenario here, but the lions will be selecting DE Ziggy Anash from BYU here. With the loss of Backus, Detroit would have loved to fill the role with a franchise player like Fischer, but not the case here. The coaching staff reportedly loves Anash after the senior bowl and he'll fit into Mayhew's bpa strategy. He may be raw, but his ceiling is very high and can hopefully become a JPP type player with those skills. Again, worst case scenario, but it'll have to do

6. Browns - BlackGhost, Wes, theBatman - Dion Jordan -DE/OLB - Oregon

With the browns switch to the 3-4, they pick up the best OLB prospect in the draft. Jordan still has to prove he can bring an arsenal of pass rush moves to the table but he has proven himself to be proficient when dropping in coverage, offers excellent size/length and speed and fits the mold as the type of physical specimen that can develop into a top caliber pass rusher in this draft.

7. Cardinals - Squall ASF (Futurevoid standing in as Squall was not around) - Geno Smith - QB - West Virginia

I struggled with this pick and it really shouldn't have been. Chance Warmack makes the most sense. You can go on all about a guard not having been picked Top 10 in however many years but this is 10+ year starter for a team that has about an awful an offensive line as there is. However, I'm not making the pick. I'm supposed to try and guess at what the Cardinals will do and frankly I can't escape the desperation a team with Drew Stanton as their opening day starter has to contend with.

Lane Johnson was also a possibility here but I'm going with my gut here. Geno Smith doesn't get past the Bills and I don't think the Bills will have the chance to draft him. Arians go throw out all of the smokescreens he likes about not being impressed with any of the QB class. It's a reach and the Cardinals are the team to do it.

8. Bills - LJ11 - Tavon Austin - WR - West Virginia

GAF Mock draft has always been about choosing the player you think your team is going to take. Pretty sure the Bills will take a QB, but I'm not sure a QB is worth the 8th overall pick. They desperately needed an offensive tackle last season, but didn't get desperate and reach. I think they're going to do it the same way this year. Nassib and Wilson are the only two possibilities but with 6 picks, next to no moves in FA, and a ton of holes you would be wise to trade back regardless off return and then make a play for a QB. You don't need a haul either. This is the Bills though, so....

They've gone D heavy the last few years, need some offense, and I'm using the CJ rational to make this pick.

Tavon Austin, find me a better more explosive offensive threat in this draft? You can't.

9. Jets - Fox318 - ON THE CLOCK
10. Titans - Fidelis Hodie
11. Chargers - Nightz
12. Dolphins - The_Darkest_Red
13. Buccaneers - Colonel Nasty
14. Panthers - Bowser
15. Saints - cajunator
16. Rams - squicken, B for Bendetta
17. Steelers - DeaconKnowledge, chuckddd, Angmarsking701, 789shadow
18. Cowboys - cashman
19. Giants - Futurevoid, BigAT, Striker
20. Bears - cuevas, phd., Vio-lence
21. Bengals - eznark
22. Rams (from Redskins) - squicken, B for Bendetta
23. Vikings - BannedEpisode
24. Colts - SpinDasher
25. Vikings - from Seattle - BannedEpisode
26. Packers - eznark, TheLegendary
27. Texans - MechDX
28. Broncos - Godslay, Hunter S Thompson
29. Patriots - Dutch Patriot
30. Falcons - Talon
31. 49ers - FrenchMovieTheme
32. Ravens - BaltimoreLarry, Nakazato

JETS ARE ON THE CLOCK! Jets have until 4pm.

jakncoke

Banned
Gotta say that ban is rediculous, that dude was talking down to him like crazy. Totally deserved that go fuck yourself comment by gronk jr.

Things really need to be case by case basis here instead blanket bans. Same shit happened when cunt got all kinds people banned because PC gaf wanted blanket bans

jakncoke

Banned
Case should come in as well and see if he have Greg Hardy like pick again :D or maybe one up himself and pick either a 7th or UDFA

Milchjon

Dutch will be back in two weeks.
At our pace, that's probably still in time for the pick ;-)

But let's not forget: Vollmer!!! Wooooooohooooooo!

I leave for one day and other Lions fans choose Ziggy Ansah?

Worst-case scenario. The last thing this team needs is a guy that could take years to develop and has about 5 sacks since high school. No thanks.

Dion Jordan should have been the guy there.

Get the fuck out of here. It's who we think is being taken in this situation. And you know who that coaching staff likes. It was the only option in a MOCK draft

Via: NFL.com
Transitioning to a 3-4 scheme under new defensive coordinators, the New Orleans Saints and Cleveland Browns have been competing for outside linebackers in free agency. The Browns already have outbid the Saints to win Paul Kruger as the centerpiece of Ray Horton's defense. Now they have a chance to steal another young edge rusher from New Orleans. Former Dallas Cowboys linebacker Victor Butler left his visit to the Big Easy and former defensive coordinator Rob Ryan without a contract, according to The Times-Picayune. His next stop will be Cleveland, beginning on Sunday, The Plain Dealer confirmed Friday.
This is the most players we've gone after in ever

581464_10151390546639611_2004919602_n.jpg

Very nice in terms of traveling.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Get the fuck out of here. It's who we think is being taken in this situation. And you know who that coaching staff likes. It was the only option in a MOCK draft

Settle down. I was just joking. I guarantee 100% that if that's the draft order, they take Ansah. You guys were dead on.

Plinko

Ansah seems like just the type of reach the Lions would be stuck with and wouldn't pan out

That's exactly why I don't like him. Unfortunately, the coaching staff LOVES him.

The guy has a whopping 4.5 sacks in his (albeit short) college career. He'd be an upgrade on run defense, which
Is needed, but the DE class in this draft is deep. We could get a solid DE in round 2 if needed.

squicken

Don't think Jets can go QB. They have a bad roster and could use lots of things. I'd guess offense so that the new QB next year has a good chance at success

Ansah seems like just the type of reach the Lions would be stuck with and wouldn't pan out
Idk bout that, I think it this point he's probably a lock to go in the top half of the draft. Top 10-12 atleast, if Lions don't take him he won't drop far.
Don't think Jets can go QB. They have a bad roster and could use lots of things. I'd guess offense so that the new QB next year has a good chance at success
Yup, and atleast Rb in one of the early rounds. But alot of teams are gonna need/have to take a Qb at some point in the draft (browns included probably).

Plinko

Look for Tank Carradine to skyrocket in the draft as well. His pro day is right before the draft and were it not for an ACL injury, he'd be the top DE on the board. Someone in the mid to late first is going to get a huge steal.

Look for Tank Carradine to skyrocket in the draft as well. His pro day is right before the draft and were it not for an ACL injury, he'd be the top DE on the board. Someone in the mid to late first is going to get a huge steal.

I want the Patriots to get him if he's there.

I think Brandon Jenkins could be a steal in the 3rd or whenever he goes

I'm pretty sure the second wild card spot in baseball was added specifically for the Cardinals to get into the playoffs every year. They have to stop showing spring training on tv.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom