• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT2| Brought To You By Buckethead™

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ain't no use being an old man if you can't be a dirty one

patsnooooo.gif

jakncoke

Banned
Im glad my electric bill is super low monthly, 10.80 this past month XD. AC on it never gets above 35.

Its over. That was a crazy night.
THink Im getting sick though. A lot of people in the office are.

Well thats good, shady fuckers making amurka pay more fuckers. Need some vigilante justice on the top cats of the oil industry fuck them.

jakncoke

Banned
what a funny line in this movie

guys says something like

"you interested in 9 inches"

girl retorts

"im very interested in 9 inches, im just not interested in fucking you 3 times to get it"

JABEE

NFL-Gaf Mock Draft 2013

1. Chiefs - Luke Joeckel - T - Texas A&M

ZootedGranny said:
That said, right now I expect the pick to be Luke Joeckel. While the Chiefs are also going to work out Lane Johnson and Eric Fisher, Joeckel seems to be the consensus best LT in the draft. He would immediately start at right tackle, and should slide over to LT to fill Albert's spot in 2014. Are these mock draft entries usually full of venom and vitriol towards the expected pick? Because that's all I have left.

2. Jaguars - Eric Fisher - T - Central Michigan

Tamanon said:
Jags #2 Pick!
Jags have a LOT of holes to fill, and the top 10 is a real crapshoot with who will be the most impactful.

They plan on building the offense around a renewed MJD, preparing to give him a big contract to get him to spend the rest of his career here. That means they need to shore up their offensive line. Since Joeckel is taken, they will pick Eric Fisher from Central Michigan. His specialty is pushing people back, and that's all MJD needs to really use his skills. Defensive Tackles are too hit-and-miss, but O-line are generally stable.

3. Raiders - Star Lotulelei - DT - University of Utah - ChanHuk, Mackenzie 92

With the #3 selection in the 2013 Mock NFLGAF draft the glorious Oakland Raiders select; Star Lotulelei, defensive tackle University of Utah.

The Raiders are in complete rebuild mode, no more of this nonsense "reload" of the Al Davis era of just overpaying washed up vets. Only 4 starters return from last year's dismal defense, the Raiders need to address their run defense which has been pathetic the last decade.

Star Lotulelei is similar to a player we should've picked in the 2006 NFL draft in Haloti Ngata. Star is not as dominant as Ngata but still commands double team blocks against the run. Star isn't going to get you flashy sack numbers but he'll allow your LBs to make plays. Teams are built in the trenches, Raiders now possess two stout young defensive linemen in Star and Lamar Houston. With the addition of Vance Walker through FA, the Raiders now possess a formidable run stopping defensive line.

4. Eagles - Dee Miliner - CB - University of Alabama - Yankeehater, JABEE

yankeehater said:
The Eagles have already taken big strides to improve their biggest weakness last year. The Eagles have a ton of holes to fill, but Dee is the best player available that fills one of those holes. Even though Dee doesn't posses the return skills of a Deion Sanders, he is unquestionably the best CB in this draft.

5. Lions - Ziggy Ansah - DE - BYU - WedgeX, Goldlion054, Kastrioti, Plinko

Goldlion054 said:
Worst case scenario here, but the lions will be selecting DE Ziggy Anash from BYU here. With the loss of Backus, Detroit would have loved to fill the role with a franchise player like Fischer, but not the case here. The coaching staff reportedly loves Anash after the senior bowl and he'll fit into Mayhew's bpa strategy. He may be raw, but his ceiling is very high and can hopefully become a JPP type player with those skills. Again, worst case scenario, but it'll have to do

6. Browns - Dion Jordan -DE/OLB - Oregon - BlackGhost, Wes, theBatman

With the browns switch to the 3-4, they pick up the best OLB prospect in the draft. Jordan still has to prove he can bring an arsenal of pass rush moves to the table but he has proven himself to be proficient when dropping in coverage, offers excellent size/length and speed and fits the mold as the type of physical specimen that can develop into a top caliber pass rusher in this draft.

7. Cardinals - Geno Smith - QB - West Virginia - Squall ASF (Futurevoid standing in as Squall was not around)

I struggled with this pick and it really shouldn't have been. Chance Warmack makes the most sense. You can go on all about a guard not having been picked Top 10 in however many years but this is 10+ year starter for a team that has about an awful an offensive line as there is. However, I'm not making the pick. I'm supposed to try and guess at what the Cardinals will do and frankly I can't escape the desperation a team with Drew Stanton as their opening day starter has to contend with.

Lane Johnson was also a possibility here but I'm going with my gut here. Geno Smith doesn't get past the Bills and I don't think the Bills will have the chance to draft him. Arians go throw out all of the smokescreens he likes about not being impressed with any of the QB class. It's a reach and the Cardinals are the team to do it.

8. Bills - LJ11 - ON THE CLOCK!
9. Jets - Fox318
10. Titans - Fidelis Hodie
11. Chargers - Nightz
12. Dolphins - The_Darkest_Red
13. Buccaneers - Colonel Nasty
14. Panthers - Bowser
15. Saints - cajunator
16. Rams - squicken, B for Bendetta
17. Steelers - DeaconKnowledge, chuckddd, Angmarsking701, 789shadow
18. Cowboys - cashman
19. Giants - Futurevoid, BigAT, Striker
20. Bears - cuevas, phd., Vio-lence
21. Bengals - eznark
22. Rams (from Redskins) - squicken, B for Bendetta
23. Vikings - BannedEpisode
24. Colts - SpinDasher
25. Vikings - from Seattle - BannedEpisode
26. Packers - eznark, TheLegendary
27. Texans - MechDX
28. Broncos - Godslay, Hunter S Thompson
29. Patriots - Dutch Patriot
30. Falcons - Talon
31. 49ers - FrenchMovieTheme
32. Ravens - BaltimoreLarry, Nakazato

BILLS ARE STILL ON THE CLOCK

Get your pick in by noon, LJ.

jakncoke

Banned
Eh idk how Much I like the Az Geno pick, we shoulda saved him for the Bills if no one shows up

Bills would be better off drafting something other than a qb at 7 and ride it a year with Tavaris and hope they suck enough to land whomever will be good in 2014 draft

Bills would be better off drafting something other than a qb at 7 and ride it a year with Tavaris and hope they suck enough to land whomever will be good in 2014 draft
I can picture them drafting a Wr first, but they also have to draft a Qb at some point during the draft. If Marrone Reallly believes in his old Qb Nassib (with Maycock has as his top Qb) he'll take him at some point.
Edit: no one goes into a football season legitimately trying to tank to get a High draft pick in the upcoming draft, except for maybe the Jets this year. Their already in full blown tank mode, it's why they kept rex ;)

Uh oh Dutch took a hit. What happened?

Edit: Looking at his post history and I'm dumbfounded unless it was one of this morning's comments in the Formula 1 thread.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Dutch...NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

He doesn't even post on the gaming side afaik.

jakncoke

Banned
I can picture them drafting a Wr first, but they also have to draft a Qb at some point during the draft. If Marrone Reallly believes in his old Qb Nassib (with Maycock has as his top Qb) he'll take him at some point.
Edit: no one goes into a football season legitimately trying to tank to get a High draft pick in the upcoming draft, except for maybe the Jets this year. Their already in full blown tank mode, it's why they kept rex ;)

This line of thinking is what got you into the Brandon Weeden mess ;)

Also it isnt so much tanking but being smart. Keep on rebuilding and skip over a weak class in hopes the next will be better.

Also we have a Gronk Jr. down call the ambulance, Chan we have a Gronk Jr down i repeat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom