• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Draft 2016 |OT| Where One Gasmask Can Change a Career

Status
Not open for further replies.

j_rocca42

I hope a DT falls to us or someone like Johnathan Bullard. Maybe they do something with the o-line if they can snag Ryan Kelly or Ifedi without trading up.

Who are we kidding Schneider is gonna trade out of the first round 😔
Yeah, #26 is a shitty spot. Gotta hope someone falls, otherwise it's worth it to move down to the second round.

RBH

why do people watch this? why is it even an event? you know where they're all going before they even air the damn thing.

it's not like they have a lottery or anything. there's no craziness that can happen. it's another NFL insanely marketed and controlled product that people seem to eat up for whatever perplexing reason i will never understand

Thread-shitting within the first five posts.........how nice

Matticers

As a Giants fan, I'll just say... I'll take almost anyone mocked to go in that range but Floyd. Elliott, Hargreaves, Stanley, Conklin, etc.

why do people watch this? why is it even an event? you know where they're all going before they even air the damn thing.

it's not like they have a lottery or anything. there's no craziness that can happen. it's another NFL insanely marketed and controlled product that people seem to eat up for whatever perplexing reason i will never understand

FLLuL.gif

Farooq

Banned
Cowboys about to take Bosa. Desperately need a DE.

Doubt it. Ramsey and Zeke were reported to be the players the covet.

Seemed like they want those players from the draft press conference as well. While draft press conferences normally don't mean much, Jerry has a hard time not tipping his thoughts. Both Jerry and Garrett were gushing about Ramsey, and Jerry was justifying the cost of a RB at 4 vs paying Murray.

Mortemis

Banned
Go Hawks.

Yeah, #26 is a shitty spot. Gotta hope someone falls, otherwise it's worth it to move down to the second round.

I'm sure PCJS have a list of players they'd take in the first that may fall down, but like you said 26 ain't that good of a spot.

I'm hoping we can get a decent deal outta it if we trade.

This is it. The day us lifelong Ram fans have been waiting for. We finally get the cornerstone piece to build a franchise around. A man who will guide us to world championships. It's been a long time coming but we made it. Whose with me, RAMNATION!?!

HawksGAF, do we make a pick in the first round this year? We've traded down or traded for players for the last 3/4 years I think.

I heard rumors about a cornerback they've been coveting for a while who might still be available around their pick. Personally, I want another edge rusher to replace Irvin.

Respect

This is it. The day us lifelong Ram fans have been waiting for. We finally get the cornerstone piece to build a franchise around. A man who will guide us to world championships. It's been a long time coming but we made it. Whose with me, RAMNATION!?!

Based on the curse of Wesley Carter Welker, the LA Rams will win Super Bowl 52.

Suite Pee

Willing to learn
Man, I know we need a D-line, but I hope the Pack picks Hunter Henry in the first round. A chance at a Gronk or Olsen on our team is worth it.

Edit: For that guy with the shitpost, know that teams like the Packers make their all-star line-ups almost entirely through the draft. This weekend could mean the difference between an Owl or just a division title.

Farooq

Banned

Is this the post of a broken man?

Fantomex

I was napping, but now I'm here fam!

Tevren

Really liking how the Titans have positioned themselves after trading down. Looking forward to seeing how it all plays out.

Seemed like they want those players from the draft press conference as well. While draft press conferences normally don't mean much, Jerry has a hard time not tipping his thoughts. Both Jerry and Garrett were gushing about Ramsey, and Jerry was justifying the cost of a RB at 4 vs paying Murray.

Farooq What do you think of Jerral's drafting? He has a rep as an impetuous guy who goes after the QB flavor of the month, but I feel the Cowboys have had a good number of recent drafts, the whiff on Clairborne notwithstanding.

I have hated this draft season. I checked out completely as the common consensus on the Steelers is that they will take a corner round one.

I feel of all positions, corner provides the least return on investment in the first. The odds of disappointing are huge. I would much rather the Steelers get more corners in the 2nd and down rather than use the first on a corner.

Even with guys like Revis, he was so good that he decided to hold out constantly then act as a merc rather than stay loyal to his drafted team.

Here's hoping the Steelers go Pass rusher in the first.

MechDX

I have hated this draft season. I checked out completely as the common consensus on the Steelers is that they will take a corner round one.

I feel of all positions, corner provides the least return on investment in the first. The odds of disappointing are huge. I would much rather the Steelers get more corners in the 2nd and down rather than use the first on a corner.

Even with guys like Revis, he was so good that he decided to hold out constantly then act as a merc rather than stay loyal to his drafted team.

Here's hoping the Steelers go Pass rusher in the first.

I wouldnt sweat it too much. These "draft experts" mostly lock on to a narrative and everyone runs with it. Texans "have to have a WR in the 1st opposite Nuk" has been ongoing the last two months. Its not even the teams biggest issue right now.

If it helps I have seen a couple DT's mocked to the Steelers including Vernon Butler

I wouldnt sweat it too much. These "draft experts" mostly lock on to a narrative and everyone runs with it. Texans "have to have a WR in the 1st opposite Nuk" has been ongoing the last two months. Its not even the teams biggest issue right now.

If it helps I have seen a couple DT's mocked to the Steelers including Vernon Butler

During a press conference a few days ago Colbert mentioned the Nose Tackle still having value, particularly if he can rush the passer. Seemed like a ringing endorsement for a guy like Billings.

gimmmick

jeremy-piven-gtfo.gif

Farooq

Banned
Farooq What do you think of Jerral's drafting? He has a rep as an impetuous guy who goes after the QB flavor of the month, but I feel the Cowboys have had a good number of recent drafts, the whiff on Clairborne notwithstanding.

After Will McClay got promoted following the whole Sharrif Floyd/Tom Ciskowksi debacle, they have hit on a couple first round picks. They haven't demonstrated the ability to evaluate later round targets imo. They started taking guys with high speed/agility scores in the later round hoping to buck that trend. Personally, I see a team that got lucky on their first round picks and still can't evaluate for shit.

They set up their draft plan based on present day and future needs of the team. They won't use a first round pick on need, but for rounds after it seems pretty clear they are targeting positions that will be vacant one or two years down the line. This is based on who they bring in for visits (most of their draft picks were official or Dallas day visits) and looking at Dallas players who are reaching the end of their deals.

I don't know, I'd like to think they are doing some things right. But the only difference between them and a bottom tier team is Romo.

Matticers

Not a fan of Stanley but I am a-okay with the rest.

Yeah, Stanley is a LT and they don't want to move Flowers even though he'd probably be a bit better as a RT. So Stanley wouldn't make perfect sense... but I still like him more as a player than Floyd. Floyd's weight, questions about his strength and lack of a pass rush aside from pure speed just worries me. And maybe it's silly but I'm not thrilled that he's going be 24 to start the season. I guess we'll see though. It feels like a foregone conclusion that they'll take Floyd unless TB does. I'm trying to mentally prepare myself for disappointment.

WedgeX

Banned
Being a Lions fan has spoiled me on draft days. Its much less exciting being in the middle of the draft rather than the top.

Good ol' suffocating mediocrity.

If the Cowboys take Elliott over Bosa I'm skipping the 2016 season. The team's biggest strength is the O-line and that should let them get by with a second-tired RB. They have to either upgrade the pass rush or secondary at 4.

Not sure why any team picking in the top 10 would take RB, no matter how great they are. If you are that bad, you have too many holes to spend a valuable pick on a RB that may be worn into the ground before you are good again.

Brinbe

WENTZ GONNA LEAD US TO THE PROMISE LAND, AWWW YEAAAAAH

No sarcasm, I legit think he'll be a good QB

I miss having the draft in NY. It was always a fun trip in April.

Euron

Elliot will upgrade the Cowboy's offense substantially, helping the team make a huge jump from last season to a very respectable 8-8 record

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom