• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Draft 2016 |OT| Where One Gasmask Can Change a Career

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Excited for the draft. I'm still not sure where I'd like to see the Packers go with the draft. I guess it would be nice to have a receiver who can actually get open, or a real middle linebacker so Clay can go back to his actual position.

Yeah I think Reggie Ragland is at the top of most wish lists I've seen but there are a lot of questions out there about him. Doesn't feel like a sure thing at all.

Past that I agree, we either pick a tight end or a receiver depending on who's left. Hopefully TT doesn't go defensive line because he hasn't had a great history with those.

vikki

Nice thread, Dutch. I thought there'd be way more shirtless men, but it's good. Fuck Goodell, he's a cunt like Kevin.

bigosc2k

Banned
Pffft, I was around here for the Rattay/Dorsey/Pickett/Weinke/Dilfer/Hill/JTO seasons. Me, FMT, and the rest of old-school Niners-GAF can take the abuse!
But Dorsey was the chosen one, also let's never mention JTO ever again, I had to witness his terrible play in person.

Nice thread, Dutch. I thought there'd be way more shirtless men, but it's good. Fuck Goodell, he's a cunt like Kevin.

0881bfee20b3065949a71b664612fb81.jpg

Sorry friend!

Dishwalla

Banned
Here's hoping the Raiders pick up some good defense players, that's what we really need right now. Especially since Woodson retired.

I still don't see why you'd give away all those picks just to move up and take a QB that's not exactly drawing Andrew Luck comparisons when you can find QBs just as good and successful in the league in the 3rd and later rounds.

Looking forward to my Hawks taking either a linebacker to replace Bruce Irvin, or another corner to pair with Sherman.

Cagey

Banned
Lost me there, bro. Kiwi was a DE who played out of position out of necessity (he wasn't some hybrid coming in) and even then he was on the path to having a career year in 2010 playing the joker position before his neck injury. He was never the same player since but it's laughable to put him in the same sentence as Sintim.

It's not that Sintim and Kiwanuka had the same career. Both were miscast in the same hybrid/joker/etc. role the Giants brass forced upon them. One was selected for that purpose, the other converted there in an effort to get the best players on the field. The Kiwi experiment was a relative disaster when he was standing up. He was fine enough with a hand on the ground, but even then, he was a lanky defensive end.

Damontre Moore, ignoring the rest of that particular rollercoaster ride, was another player drafted with an eye of filling this role.

We've forced players into a role that has never necessarily existed in our defense. That's the biggest issue I have here. A traditional 4-3 alignment and a team that philosophically wants large defensive ends who can anchor in the run game. We've never trotted out the midgets of, say, the Peyton Colts. We've also not had a LB who can cover worth a damn since the rare day Michael Boley woke up feeling OK.

Floyd is now potentially the most extreme case: tallest, lightest, weakest, highest pick (most resources invested).

Go find the hybrid DE/DT we've been missing since Tuck never fully recovered from Flozell Adams's slow incompetent ass tripping him in Dallas.

effzee

Eagles pick at 2 then we have to wait till round 3.

Have to wait till 17 or 18 to see #2 overall to see the field.

Basically the Eagles are "wait till future" for the next 1-2 seasons. Completely zaps the excitement out.

Unless they somehow pull of a trade to dump Bradford and get back in the game possibly the 2nd round.

As defending champ, I have just filled in my initial mock-draft.

HAVE YOU?!

NEOGAF 2016 DRAFT PREDICTION GAME!

http://predictpick.nfl.com/groups/view/1107

Our annual prediction game!

Password is: Tacobell

*Note Shirtless Members must participate, since we will determine our draft order by score in the draft!

Just joined, thanks.

I hope to get double digit right this year! (I highly doubt I will as there will probably be a ton of trades)

BumRush

Jets already have a developmental QB in Bryce Petty whose arm strength is perhaps even more impressive than Lynch's. I'd rather they pick someone in the 1st round who can immediately fill a need and make an impact (OLB, OT) than another developmental QB who needs a few more years in the oven.

Jets DESPERATELY need a linebacker. I really hope they take one in the 1st.

I still don't see why you'd give away all those picks just to move up and take a QB that's not exactly drawing Andrew Luck comparisons when you can find QBs just as good and successful in the league in the 3rd and later rounds.

Looking forward to my Hawks taking either a linebacker to replace Bruce Irvin, or another corner to pair with Sherman.
Because no qb is like Andrew Luck out of Stanford.. He was the most pro ready qb out of college since Elway.

Goff is a good qb and has good intangibles to be successful. Yes, he isn't luck or Winston.. But it's the demands of the position.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 22m22 minutes ago
Trade spot to watch: #Browns at No. 8. They've been having discussions with teams behind them who would want to come up for Ezekiel Elliott

Fins looking to make that move for Zeke.

Lenz44

Banned
If anything the Broncos are going to trade up. Just say no to Hackenberg or Cook! Lynch would be good, or Dak in the 3rd. Hooray draft!

Think the poster is talking about the Eagles not the Rams

Actually, I was talking about both, but it makes more sense why the Rams would do it. They haven't had a good QB since Mark Bulger's early days. Philly just signed Bradford to a $20 million contract and signed Chase Daniel to another $20 million contract. They just traded away valuable picks when I think they could've still gotten a decent QB had they stayed where they were in the draft.

hiryu

Lynch scares me. 18 on the wonderlic is pretty low for a QB and I've read some stuff that they had to devise a system at memphis to make the play calls one word because he isn't too bright.

Lynch scares me. 18 on the wonderlic is pretty low for a QB and I've read some stuff that they had to devise a system at memphis to make the play calls one word because he isn't too bright.

Wonderlic scores don't matter. Marino, Bradshaw, McNabb, and Jim Kelly also scored 15 on their respective tests, and look how their careers turned out.

Mudcrab

Which QB is Jerry Jones going to have to be physically restrained from drafting this year?

Saints-GAF: Who we taking in the first round?

j_rocca42

HawksGAF, do we make a pick in the first round this year? We've traded down or traded for players for the last 3/4 years I think.

hiryu

Wonderlic scores don't matter. Marino, Bradshaw, McNabb, and Jim Kelly also scored 15 on their respective tests, and look how their careers turned out.

I would agree in the past but that is the old NFL. The new NFL requires much quicker decision making. Defenses and Offenses are much more complicated now. Colleges rarely run pro offenses anymore so players coming in from college have to learn a whole new game.

Players like Marino and Bradshaw basically played the same offense in college that they did in the pros. Not only that, but Bradshaw sucked for a long time and in today's NFL probably would have not got the chance to develop.

dakilla13

HawksGAF, do we make a pick in the first round this year? We've traded down or traded for players for the last 3/4 years I think.

I hope a DT falls to us or someone like Johnathan Bullard. Maybe they do something with the o-line if they can snag Ryan Kelly or Ifedi without trading up.

Who are we kidding Schneider is gonna trade out of the first round 😔

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom