• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Week 1 |OT| - Look, Are You Ready for Some Football?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dont standard OT rules dictate they must be created 24 hours before said event? Or does it apply different for OffTopic discussions? Honest question here.

tenor.gif

My Boy Pep gonna light shit up.

Don Elway is ready. Are you?

elwayx-large.jpg

He cut T.J. Ward and re-signed Osweiler. That may seem crazy, but I have faith. Also, we have the toughest strength of schedule in the whole league, but that will only make us stronger. I am all optimism at this point.

Dont standard OT rules dictate they must be created 24 hours before said event? Or does it apply different for OffTopic discussions? Honest question here.

Shut up! We've waited long enough. Also, I have no idea.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Dont waste your time folks, Vikes gonna cruise to Superbowl

Cruise? On the party boat?

I missed first two rounds of draft then buddies intentionally screwed me over with picks (they knew who I was drafting) so I got Brown and Bell and their D.

You missed two round of the draft and still got Brown and Bell?!? Your friends sound like the dumbest people on earth. Oh wait, they're Pats fans. Nevermind.

Shut up! We've waited long enough. Also, I have no idea.

Well this is how the cookie crumbles at least in the Game section. Years ago it used to be one week prior to the game launching but since Destiny 1 launched Evilore changed it to 24 hours since the D1 OT reached its second OT before the game even launched.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Browns-GAF rankings going into the season:

1. Wes
2. BG
3. Dutch
4. SliceSabre
5. Kave
6. Lee Chaolan
24. JDez
25. Floy

Honourary mention to ya boy MechDX, can't be in the rankings because of his love for the Texans but is still #1 in all our hearts.

THIS IS THE YEAR

The year we finally beat DC. Seriously stop this shit.

Playoffs or we better curb Doug harder than Patti Mayonnaise.

EDIT: Also, f the anthem and protest that shit.

Browns-GAF rankings going into the season:

1. Wes
2. BG
3. Dutch
4. SliceSabre
5. Kave
6. Lee Chaolan
24. JDez
25. Floy

Honourary mention to ya boy MechDX, can't be in the rankings because of his love for the Texans but is still #1 in all our hearts.

I'm going for the Rookie of the Year title.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Browns-GAF "my boy" status:

Joe Thomas - our father and the alpha and omega
Myles Garrett - currently under dispute between BG and Dutch, season will outline who claims rights.
Jabrill Peppers - Floy
Isaiah Crowell - Kave
Duke Johnson - tandem boy of BG and Kave
All tight ends - BG
Emmanuel Ogbah - tandem boy of BG and Kave
Jamie Collins - BG
Brandon Weeden - Gobias
Derek Anderson - Kave

JABEE

Doug is far below Howie on the list of problems.

But what about Mike Lombardi to The Ringer...

Mike Lombardi said:
“My beloved 76ers once hired a guy by the name of Roy Rubin from Long Island University. Poor Roy. He finished 4-47 before the Sixers canned him. 4-47! Years later, Fred Carter said ‘Letting Rubin coach was like letting a teenager run a big corporation.’

Hey Fred, meet the Eagles’ head coach, Doug Pederson! Now, everybody knows Pederson isn’t a head coach. He might be less qualified to coach a team than anyone I’ve ever seen in my 30-plus years in the NFL.

Pederson was barely a coordinator before he became head coach. Can you imagined if we elected a United States president who didn’t have any real training? Sorry, don’t answer that.

Look, the Eagles looked increasingly sloppy and unprepared as the 2016 season limped along. That ain’t changing in ’17.

Only Carson Wentz can save Pederson’s job, and Wentz actually got worse during his rookie year, not better.

When will the Eagles admit their mistake? Will they throw away 2017 by stubbornly sticking to the Pederson Principle?

The immortal Roy Rubin lasted 51 games. I bet Doug Pederson lasts way less than that.”

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com...agles-mike-lombardi-carson-wentz-ringer-video

Doug Pederson Responded

Doug Pederson said:
“I haven’t seen the article. I’m not sure what you’re talking about. So I don’t pay attention to that. I mean, listen. I’m confident in what I do. He’s not in the building. I coach our coaches and coach our players. I think if you ask any one of our players or their assistant coaches, I think they would maybe say something a little bit different. I have not read the article. So I can’t respond to it.”

“Somebody here —- Mr. [Jeffrey] Lurie, Howie [Roseman], the guys — thought I was qualified. So, in my opinion, that’s good enough for me. Again, this organization is behind me 100%. Again, I think you could ask the guys in the locker room. That’s my concern. That’s my focus.”

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com...nger-philadelphia-quotes-head-coach-nfl-lurie

Myles Garrett - currently under dispute between BG and Dutch, season will outline who claims rights.
Jabrill Peppers - Floy
Isaiah Crowell - Kave
All tight ends - BG
Jamie Collins - BG
Brandon Weeden - Gobias
Derek Anderson - Kave

I'll trade away my Myles right for single ownership of Peppers. I just need a Shirtless picture.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet

Jabrill Peppers - Floy
Isaiah Crowell - Kave
All tight ends - BG
Jamie Collins - BG
Brandon Weeden - Gobias
Derek Anderson - Kave
Sammie Coates - chuckddd

fixed

WedgeX

Banned
I am not ready. I've soured on Stafford as a human being. They cut Great Human (tm) Deandre Levy. And are generally Patriots Lite now.

But I may be contractually obligated to root for Aaron Rodgers for a few weeks. So there's that.

JABEE

I'm excited to see Barnett in regular season action. I want to see how he does. Can he finish at the pro level?

Grexeno

KC @ NE
JAX @ HOU
OAK @ TEN
PHI @ WAS
ARI @ DET
TB @ MIA
NYJ @ BUF
ATL @ CHI
BAL @ CIN
PIT @ CLE
IND @ LAR