• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2011 Week 16 |OT| Revenge of the Sh*ts

Status
Not open for further replies.

eznark

Banned
Don't sweat it, own it. Brees > everyone else. Brees has a SB ring, unlike Marino. He has a real record. What record does Rodgers hold? The number of times he held the door or got a drink for Brent? The number of fat chicks fucked after a home game?

OWN THE HATE!!!!

Plus, Erron lost to the fucking Chiefs! They are only like twice as good as the Rams!

Lolololololol

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Plus, Erron lost to the fucking Chiefs! They are only like twice as good as the Rams!

Lolololololol

Dude, the Rams are much better than their record. The NFL conspiracy is keeping them down and they only got to play one game this year to their true potential. We took one for the good of the league.

eznark

Banned
Dude, the Rams are much better than their record. The NFL conspiracy is keeping them down and they only got to play one game this year to their true potential. We took one for the good of the league.

Plus, your coach is a drug addict. Shit is tough. Glad you came through it.

RBH

Refs weren't really a factor.
Never said that they were the main reason for tonight's final result at all, but no doubt about it, they did a lousy job tonight.

Anyways, there's alot of problems with this team that harken back to last year. Lack of interior pressure on the opposing QB, inability to wrap up when tackling, calling corner and vertical routes rather than slants and hitches on a regular basis for Ryan, that shitty soft zone coverage, giving up on the run. The organization took a chance that the core of this D would be legitimately improved from last year, and that really hasn't been the case.

One and done, here we come!

cajunator

Banned
He's certainly fine padding up his stats until he breaks those records though.

I really dont understand whats wrong with that. Its like saying its not ok to try your best and want to break records. Im pretty sure every athlete wants to break records. I guarantee the other elite qbs will try to break that record once they get close to it. Brees is a tough competitor. He has said before he strives to be the very best. I dont think he will approach that but he plays his heart out and he isnt a douchebag about any of it.

eznark

Banned
I really dont understand whats wrong with that. Its like saying its not ok to try your best and want to break records. Im pretty sure every athlete wants to break records. I guarantee the other elite qbs will try to break that record once they get close to it. Brees is a tough competitor. He has said before he strives to be the very best. I dont think he will approach that but he plays his heart out and he isnt a douchebag about any of it.

I for one think it is wonderful Drew Brees has his mom defending him on GAF.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Plus, your coach is a drug addict. Shit is tough. Glad you came through it.

There's going to be an after school special and Kenny Chesney is going to write a song about it called "A Hurricane Called Addiction" Nobody overcomes adversity like the Saints. You've only had to overcome badly fried cheese curds and shitty beer. You're not capable of understanding. I don't hold it against you.

eznark

Banned
There's going to be an after school special and Kenny Chesney is going to write a song about it called "A Hurricane Called Addiction" Nobody overcomes adversity like the Saints. You've only had to overcome badly fried cheese curds and shitty beer.

And Dahmer

cajunator

Banned
iguess truly101 iis this season's dirtbag.
Im just happy we won the goddamned game and especially against the falcons. This is an anomaly as far as saints/falcons games are concerned. In fact i am extremely surprised by this result.

meadowrag

Banned
Man, this is really bad.
I would rather be dead last in the league than have to deal with this faux-playoff hope stuff every year.

At least there is a sort of silent, austere dignity when you are 2-14 or so. When you are like us you are denied the best of both worlds.

eznark

Banned
Man, this is really bad.
I would rather be dead last in the league than have to deal with this faux-playoff hope stuff every year.

At least there is a sort of silent, austere dignity when you are 2-14 or so. When you are like us you are denied the best of both worlds.

Lol, you're the new Eagles

Bowser

CBS Sports reporting that Gruden is ready to return to coaching next season for "the right job " and that that job is the Rams job...coupled with his generally "down" attitude regarding Bradford , could be interesting if he's hired and they have the #1 pick...

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Do you know how many times the Eagles have ended our seasons in the playoffs?
We are not on Eagles level yet.
yeah we're not even losing nfc championship games yet :/

I hope Blank loses it and fires the whole coaching staff and doesnt reup ryan.

not gonna happen tho

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
CBS Sports reporting that Gruden is ready to return to coaching next season for "the right job " and that that job is the Rams job...coupled with his generally "down" attitude regarding Bradford , could be interesting if he's hired and they have the #1 pick...

He'd be Bradford's guy until they get the number 1 pick. Then he hits Bradfords bum shoulder with a steel chair. That would be pretty fucking awesome actually

Not sure why there are people actually dissing Brees and his accomplishments in here. He is one of the classier players in the NFL and even though we knew the record would fall soon, it's cool that he is the person to hit it first, 27 years later. This coming from a Cowboys fan too.

I don't think there was a problem with him breakng the record. However, I thnk needing 30 yards to do it, you're on the Falcons' 32 yd line, you're already up 38-16 and there's less than 5 mins left. You know you're throwing there only to break a record. It has nothng to do with the football game. They didn't need those 32 yards. They could have run three times, kicked a FG and given the ball back to the Falcons with 2 mins left up 41-16.

And then, after going for it anyway, they STOP THE FUCKING GAME TO BLOW HIM OVER THE PA SYSTEM? I'm sorry, but that's just tacky.

If DeMarcus Ware breaks the sack record next week, should they stop the game and ballwash him?

I would have thought that Brees breaking the record in a meaningful way, and doing it humbly, without a bunch of bullshit fanfare, would have been more appropriate.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
I think if the record wasn't about to be broken then Chase Daniel is under center at that point. I think Brees wanted it over with tonight in a game that was pretty much over with anyway rather than deal with it next week. Its a stat padding record at heart anyway.

iguess truly101 iis this season's dirtbag.
Im just happy we won the goddamned game and especially against the falcons. This is an anomaly as far as saints/falcons games are concerned. In fact i am extremely surprised by this result.

ESPN jinxed it by showing that stat before the game started, about how these two teams were the only ones in history to have four games in a row settled by less than 3 points (or something along those lines). Also, MNF has pretty much sucked all year, so might as well keep the string going with a blowout in week 16.

snesfreak

Banned
Come home, Jon!
Please, don't.

meadowrag

Banned
I didn't care at all about Brees throwing for the record.
They dominated us with the passing game all night, he only needed 30 yards, they knew they could get it so they went out and got it.

The only thing that pissed me off was the game coming to a complete halt so the announcers could scream DREEEEWWW BREEEEEEEESSSS on repeat while the refs come over the congratulate him.

That shit needs to be avenged.

cajunator

Banned
I don't think there was a problem with him breakng the record. However, I thnk needing 30 yards to do it, you're on the Falcons' 32 yd line, you're already up 38-16 and there's less than 5 mins left. You know you're throwing there only to break a record. It has nothng to do with the football game. They didn't need those 32 yards. They could have run three times, kicked a FG and given the ball back to the Falcons with 2 mins left up 41-16.

And then, after going for it anyway, they STOP THE FUCKING GAME TO BLOW HIM OVER THE PA SYSTEM? I'm sorry, but that's just tacky.

If DeMarcus Ware breaks the sack record next week, should they stop the game and ballwash him?

I would have thought that Brees breaking the record in a meaningful way, and doing it humbly, without a bunch of bullshit fanfare, would have been more appropriate.

I agree alough ii havent watched the game to see how bad it was. But like i said earlier, when a player is that close to a big record i have seen other coaches give them the opportunity to break it. Its nothing new. Besides, it is the falcons job not to allow a qb to pass for 300+ yards. Our defense failed to stop ryan too.th

They always stop games and acknowledge shit like this. You are just fucking nitpicking, lol.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State

They didn't stop the game, the Saints called a time out. Also yeah, he should get some fanfare as this was a big record that fell. I assume Ware will get an announcement, game ball, and high fives as well.

Shit doesn't happen every season, he broke a 27 year old record. I'd say that's due for at least some celebration.

cajunator

Banned
They didn't stop the game, the Saints called a time out. Also yeah, he should get some fanfare as this was a big record that fell. I assume Ware will get an announcement, game ball, and high fives as well.

Shit doesn't happen every season, he broke a 27 year old record. I'd say that's due for at least some celebration.

This is true.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Falcon's fans are going to jump all over me for this, and people are going to say I'm bailing posting this so soon after such a big loss. Funk it though. I'm going to say it anyways.

How is Atlanta suppose to take the next step with their current team make up? To many playmakers to out right suck and end up with a top draft pick. Plus they traded the farm to get Julio Jones who so far hasn't been worth the price given IMO. Yet they aren't good enough to consistently play with the top tier NFL teams. They are stuck in perennial wild card mode or never getting out of their 1st playoff game.

To many wins and to much good will going on to really try and shake things up, but at the same time there are no signs that the Falcons will ever really take that next step anytime soon. So how long do you just wait it out, and try and ride the current wave so to speak?

meadowrag

Banned
Ryan threw for almost 400 yards.
He threw for 70 more yards than Brees tonight and we got 16 points.
Horrible.

We had more yards, we won the turnover battle, won the time of possession battle, and still lost. Yikes.

Some people here won't be satisfied. He breaks the record, he's a stat-padding drama queen. He's doesn't, he's a 3rd class fluke QB with no legitimacy. Packers lose to a shitty team, it's w/e we're 14-1. Saints lose to a shitty team, it's lol Aint's are terribad. Packers or Colts win a SB, it's QB/team of the forever. Saints win a SB, it's dirty play and the opponents gave the game away.

Fuck the cliches, Drew Brees is a good man. He deserves this.

Stay classy NFL-gaf.

Smokey

Some people here won't be satisfied. He breaks the record, he's a stat-padding drama queen. He's doesn't, he's a 3rd class fluke QB with no legitimacy. Packers lose to a shitty team, it's w/e we're 14-1. Saints lose to a shitty team, it's lol Aint's are terribad. Packers or Colts win a SB, it's QB/team of the forever. Saints win a SB, it's dirty play and the opponents gave the game away.

Fuck the cliches, Drew Brees is a good man. He deserves this.

Stay classy NFL-gaf.

thasmyquataback.gif

LJ11

First play of the game, trips bunch with Julio Jones at HB in the gun, pass to Jones out of the backfield for a gain of one yard.

Mularkey trying to fool people instead of bodying up shitty corners.

Jonm1010

Banned
Falcon's fans are going to jump all over me for this, and people are going to say I'm bailing posting this so soon after such a big loss. Funk it though. I'm going to say it anyways.

How is Atlanta suppose to take the next step with their current team make up? To many playmakers to out right suck and end up with a top draft pick. Plus they traded the farm to get Julio Jones who so far hasn't been worth the price given IMO. Yet they aren't good enough to consistently play with the top tier NFL teams. They are stuck in perennial wild card mode or never getting out of their 1st playoff game.

To many wins and to much good will going on to really try and shake things up, but at the same time there are no signs that the Falcons will ever really take that next step anytime soon. So how long do you just wait it out, and try and ride the current wave so to speak?

Either Matt Ryan becomes the elite QB all the analysts claim he will be every off season or they get real lucky with some guys in the draft or else I think they end up as a fringe playoff team for the next 5-6 years without ever really accomplishing much.

Smokey

I think its pretty obvious at this point that all the Saints trash-talking by Packers fans is because they're legitimately scared of them.

I'd be scared too if my team's defense was as laughable as the Packer's.

They should be scared of us. Both offenses are prolific. Both have star QBs. But Green Bays defense is pretty bad. Saints have some holes as times too, but not like dem Packers.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Either Matt Ryan becomes the elite QB all the analysts claim he will be every off season or they get real lucky with some guys in the draft or else I think they end up as a fringe playoff team for the next 5-6 years without ever really accomplishing much.

Problem with the draft angle is they traded away so many pics to get Julio! :(

Jonm1010

Banned
They should be scared of us. Both offenses are prolific. Both have star QBs. But Green Bays defense is pretty bad. Saints have some holes as times too, but not like dem Packers.

And strangely enough I feel like with our depth at RB that we would have an advantage in a snowy cold weather grind match in Green Bay.

Still, we have to get there first and Atlanta is gonna be pissed for a rematch and San Fran worries me.

Problem with the draft angle is they traded away so many pics to get Julio! :(
True.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom