• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2011 Week 16 |OT| Revenge of the Sh*ts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slurmer

Banned
What the hell is happening with these announcers in new orleans??

anyways, you know this record is going to be broken 2 or 3 times in the next 15 years

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
i like how some of yall are saying they are running up the score like your suprised, they put 62 points up on the colts, 62 points.

Bowser

What the hell is happening with these announcers in new orleans??

anyways, you know this record is going to be broken 2 or 3 times in the next 15 years

I'm literally loling at the guy screaming "Drew Breeeeeessssss" over and over again on the PA system

cajunator

Banned
mr puppy, could you do everyone a favor and just shut the hell up for a bit?
The rest of you need to realize something.
We have never ever ever ever had anyone even remotely as good as Brees on the Saints before. This is a legitimate Hof caliber QB and seeing him in action brings great joy to us. This isnt really a big deal to me because Brees came within 16 yards of it before and the league is definitely more predicated towards passing, but i can understand why saints fans are celebrating it.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Couldn't ask for a better person to beat the record. Love or hate the Saints, Drew Brees is a class act. Seeing him decimate the Vikings last week in person was a cool thing.

Christ, what an ass kicking. Jack Del Rio D-coordinator future?

Though, it would be funny if the Saints come out and lay a Seahawks type egg against us in the playoffs.

And now, we wait for Stafford to break Brees' record ...

... Okay, it'll probably be Brady.
No way. Brees (again), Rodgers, Peyton (bionic neck version), or some dude who's currently in diapers.

People make a big deal of how pass happy the league is, but the YPG "inflation" accounts for under 300 yards. Brees will surpass Marino by at least that much after next week.

eznark

Banned
mr puppy, could you do everyone a favor and just shut the hell up for a bit?

What's it like showing up late in the fourth quarter in this thread?

lol

This record has a real Ricky Williams NCAA rushing record to it. You knew it would fall within a few years...why make a big deal of it?

Three or four guys will break it next year now that it's obviously so attainable. I wonder if they will all halt the entire game as though their meaningless franchise had nothing else to glom on to?

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
But this also means the Falcons are going to have a HUGE chip on their shoulders in the playoffs. That does not bode well. ;_;

3N16MA

Banned
No way. Brees (again), Rodgers, Peyton (bionic neck version), or some dude who's currently in diapers.

People make a big deal of how pass happy the league is, but the YPG "inflation" accounts for under 300 yards. Brees will surpass Marino by at least that much after next week.

Rodgers has no chance. He is currently at his peak and it's all down hill from here.

You don't want Del Rio. He was golfing more than coaching his past few years

Meh, I don't want him as a head coach but think he might be better off as just a coordinator....see Wade Philips.

Wait, why do the Lions have to lose to the Packers for the Falcons for the 5 seed? Don't the Falcons hold the head-to-head tiebreaker for seeding purposes?

This loss gives the Lions a game up on us.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Not sure why there are people actually dissing Brees and his accomplishments in here. He is one of the classier players in the NFL and even though we knew the record would fall soon, it's cool that he is the person to hit it first, 27 years later. This coming from a Cowboys fan too.

Bowser

Wait, why do the Lions have to lose to the Packers for the Falcons to get the 5 seed? Don't the Falcons hold the head-to-head tiebreaker for seeding purposes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom