• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next Quantic Dream game will be "available to everyone, no matter their platform"

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Quantic_Dream_logo.png

Quantic Dream will not launch its next game as a PlayStation exclusive, according to studio head David Cage. Now that the company has released its previous games on PC, they're eager to continue working on multiplatform releases in the future:

"The reaction from the PC community has been tremendous," said Cage in a recent interview. "It is like expanding our family. We will, of course, remain a part of the PlayStation family, but we will now also make our games available to everyone, no matter their platform."

Cage also mentioned that the decision to push for a PC release of previous Quantic Dream games was made during the development of Detroid: Become Human. The studio wanted to redefine their long-term direction and even try and help other developers with their own projects.

"We always had a good relationship with Sony, so we could have an open discussion with them, and I am glad we could find a way to make our games available to all PC gamers," explained Cage.

Though releasing games on PC may be somewhat new to Quantic Dream, they will stick to their guns: "What will not change is our passion, the ambition we have to create games that are different, and the respect we have for those who play them."

Source:

Im not gonna lie, i preferred until dawn.
I like the multiple paths games. David Cages games tend to be the only big budget option. They are just ok tho.

Doom85

Great, just so everyone can enjoy David Cage's terrible writing.

Exactly. My thoughts were, "sweet, now I can NOT buy it on every system I own!"

Yeah, I've heard Detroit wasn't as flawed, but after the previous three games before it sucked I need more time before giving Cage another chance. Doesn't help Until Dawn showed the genre style can be done in far more competent fashion.

daninthemix

That's good, because he used to discriminate against people without PlayStations.

Hopefully platformism will become as unacceptable as all the other isms.

Geki-D

Banned
They got purchased by a Chinese publisher so this is pretty obvious. They can't do deals with Sony anymore and even if he wanted to make a PS exclusive, he doesn't really have much of a say in the matter at this point.

ethomaz

Banned
Let's hope that new strategy turns out well.
I loved each game I played from them.

Last edited:

Fbh

Good, finally Sony will stop spending millions on his crap. (And that money will go straight towards exclusive Destiny 3 content or some shit like that.... But one can always hope it funds some cool Japanese game or something)

Top Bottom