• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next generation bioshock details emerge via job listings (Reboot)

cormack12

Gold Member
Taken from Reddit

The next installment of the BioShock franchise is currently in development at Cloud Chamber Studios, a subsidiary of 2K. Being a big fan of the original trilogy myself, I looked at the current job openings & curated the most important info that pertains to what the upcoming game will be like -
  • Built in Unreal Engine 4 (for the time being)
  • Reboot - "New and fantastical world"
  • Stunning narrative and systems-driven experience
  • Wes Anderson like scripted cinematic moments
  • Visually stunning textures and materials for physically-based rendering
  • Highly reactive "living" world
  • AAA first person shooter
  • Multi-platform
Source: https://cloudchamberstudios.com/

MiguelItUp

Some of those bullets are really strange descriptors lol. But I dunno man, I loved Bioshock so much, the sequels as well for what they were. So I'm most likely onboard, but at the same time it's hard to not be cautious.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Wes Anderson like scripted cinematic moments

Not a good sign. Anderson only works in Anderson movies. Imitating and then shoehorning the style into something completely unrelated is going to be a tonal disaster for a series like Bioshock which has almost zero humour; and if you change the franchise so much that it's unrecognisable, why bother attaching it to that franchise at all?

I really should replay Bioshock 1-3.

The first one is one of my all time favorites. I wish I could just travel through time back to that moment I played the demo on X360.

I hope they dont do the obvious choice and make the next "Rapture" in space. Inside a volcano or something like that would be cool.

reptilex

Banned
Taken from Reddit

The next installment of the BioShock franchise is currently in development at Cloud Chamber Studios, a subsidiary of 2K. Being a big fan of the original trilogy myself, I looked at the current job openings & curated the most important info that pertains to what the upcoming game will be like -
  • Built in Unreal Engine 4 (for the time being)
  • Reboot - "New and fantastical world"
  • Stunning narrative and systems-driven experience
  • Visually stunning textures and materials for physically-based rendering
  • Highly reactive "living" world
  • AAA first person shooter
  • Multi-platform
Source: https://cloudchamberstudios.com/

People don't realise that THIS is like Metal Gear Solid without Kojima, disgusting.

I mean "Wes Anderson like scripted cinematic moments", WTF are they talking about?

makaveli60

I really should replay Bioshock 1-3.

The first one is one of my all time favorites. I wish I could just travel through time back to that moment I played the demo on X360.

I hope they dont do the obvious choice and make the next "Rapture" in space. Inside a volcano or something like that would be cool.
Prey reboot was sort of like a BioShock in space. I don't know what would be the best. Something like in a parallel dimension where physics etc. are different?

Um.. aren’t there a lot of political themes in bioshock?

Of course there is, but shhhhh shhh shh. We must complain about politics in games as if this is a new concept. It is what we must do as gamers these days. Toss in a preemptive "I bet the lead character is trans, like ughh" if you must as well.

carlosrox

Banned
All 3 games were awesome, and 2 wasn't even by Ken Levine was it?

I have no reason to assume 4 couldn't also be good.

1 had the impact, 2 was better, and 3 was even better.

Last edited:

makaveli60

Of course there is, but shhhhh shhh shh. We must complain about politics in games as if this is a new concept. It is what we must do as gamers these days. Toss in a preemptive "I bet the lead character is trans, like ughh" if you must as well.
Spending more than 2 years here and still don't get the difference and the problem. Congrats mate for your genius comment, reeeera would love you.

Pejo

Doubtful that current game devs could do this series justice, or beat the story of 1/gameplay of 2. I'm happy the IP isn't forgotten I guess, but there's very little chance of this being good in my mind.

Mark my words it's gonna be shit.

At least the narrative. Games like these won't be existing in the future anymore. Politics in stories are more important nowadays
Agree with you 100%. I suspect the story is going to be a female lesbian protagonist fighting against the bad male, or some variation thereof. However, I pray to the Lord most high that it be good. I love Bioshock.

reptilex

Banned
All 3 games were awesome, and 2 wasn't even by Ken Levine was it?

I have no reason to assume 4 couldn't also be good.

1 had the impact, 2 was better, and 3 was even better.

Said no one ever. GTFOH with non-sensical statements no one ever pronunced so much it's fake.

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
Um.. aren’t there a lot of political themes in bioshock?

There are but they're not really related to the BS IdPol/SJW garbage of current day politics. They are there to tell the story not to pander or push propaganda. Bioshock does politics in games right. Let's hope the next installment can do the same.

Umbral

Infinite was terrible. Fantastic premise Ken sold us on with the initial Trailer.
But my God was Bioshock Infinite just ass!
Yeah, I think it could have been great. Whatever happened there, I don’t know. I know Fergusson was brought in to just get it out the door, which is why it feels half-baked.

MrS

Banned
200.gif

2 was worse than Infinite? I hated Infinite.

Yeah I dunno, now that you mention it it is hard to pick which is the "worst". The first is definitely my favorite, and I actually liked Infinite despite the changes to gameplay. The second was more of the same but it did that same so well. And I was one of the few maniacs who actually enjoyed the multi-player 👀.

Vawn

Banned
I think Starfield Starfield means intersectionality, progressivism and other modern ideologies, which are closer to propaganda. As opposed to an actual presentation of the positives and negatives of an idea/thing.

Did you play BioShock and BioShock Infinite? There was an agenda and they weren't subtle.

Last edited:

CamHostage

I was going to call BS, as job descriptions don't really describe a product like that (usually they ask for certain skills, rarely with much detail about what they're looking for beyond technical training/experience) but it looks like this is from Cloud Chamber itself, so that's bizarre. Interesting find.

Arachnid

It seems insane to reboot a 360/PS3 era series. Great for Bioshock fans though. Hopefully it's closer in tone to the first two than Infinite.

reptilex

Banned
What the hell are you talking about?

...well you're opinion is crap. Bioshock 2 is not bad, but it's the worst of the series, and it's only saved by the fact that it's built and rips off of the original. Yeah no the opinion that 2 is good is a fake astroturfing opinion let's not even run around the point...

Arachnid

Said no one ever. GTFOH with non-sensical statements no one ever pronunced so much it's fake.

You're either a paid astroturfind account or...well you're opinion is crap. Bioshock 2 is not bad, but it's the worst of the series, and it's only saved by the fact that it's built and rips off of the original. Yeah no the opinion that 2 is good is a fake astroturfing opinion let's not even run around the point...
Wtf?

Did the dude kill your cat or something? He expressed his opinion. Calm down lmao

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
PS3/360 had too many of those games (even though I liked them all, except the final part of Infinite). But by now I‘d dig a new one, reboot or not.

Top Bottom