• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

geordiemp

Not the point, you haven't seen the Halo 120fps mode, it's just another lie you spout. Like you have seen Halo on Series X when you haven't, you have seen Hitman 3 on it when you haven't.

I don't know why you keep making stuff up.

I dont care which Hitman it is, its irrelevant, 5700 ran the same game better is the point being made. could be Hitman 10,000, what difference does it make its the same game.

My 120 FPS comment applies to ps5 games as well, all console games, please dont do IF the trade off is poor visuals. I dont care what mode is what. You seem to miss the point made every singe time.

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Back then I also thought the PS5 would be an underpowered piece of crap. But then Sony changed my mind with the games that they showed. Then I got really worried about the price and Sony again took away my worry.

It's been a crazy ride that's for sure. Unfortunately I can't seem to get my hands on one at launch.

Fucking Schreir was a huge contributor to the FUD wasn’t he? That tweet about Sony ‘console warriors’ being sad about the Ps5’s tflops is so telling of what he actually thinks and feels. Instead of just doing his job - reporting on the specs of a video game console, he has to bring up console wars. I bet no one could find me an equivalent comment about Xbox and it’s supporters.

Last edited:

geordiemp

We saw the "supposedly" better looking 60fps mode. Lord have mercy on our eyes when the 120fps mode finally revealed 🤣

Is this the 60 FPS mode or the 120 FPS mode ? It gets a bit confusing.

tpaY3HB.png

Is this the 60 FPS mode or the 120 FPS mode ? It gets a bit confusing.

tpaY3HB.png

It looks like some 10-15 years old game upscaled to 4k. Like running wii/ps3 games on emulator. Environment looks like shitty model that some noob made in their free time and added character models on top off it.

Probably gets better, but big fuck up to show game that looks pre-alpha and think it could be launch title, then get shit rain and have to delay it.

It looks like some 10-15 years old game upscaled to 4k. Like running wii/ps3 games on emulator. Environment looks like shitty model that some noob made in their free time and added character models on top off it.

Probably gets better, but big fuck up to show game that looks pre-alpha and think it could be launch title, then get shit rain and have to delay it.

I swear I was just playing Halo 3 on my OLED at 120hz 1440p and it looked fantastic, like substantially better than this screenshot. So bizarre.

Godfavor

It's a good thing that they have delayed it then

hemo memo

Gold Member
I'm really curious to see how improved the game is going to be after 343i will polish it, alongside the help from the other dev team who came to pitch in.

Yeah the Bethesda deal will greatly benefit from help from other devs AND big exclusive Bethesda games that soften the wait even if Halo gets delayed further. Suddenly certain people are forgetting how massive Bethesda next RPG title will be.

Garani

Yeah the Bethesda deal will greatly benefit from help from other devs AND big exclusive Bethesda games that soften the wait even if Halo gets delayed further. Suddenly certain people are forgetting how massive Bethesda next RPG title will be.
What exclusives? If they do come (and I do believe they will come) it will happen in about 2 years down the line. Whatever is in the final strech of development will be released for all the intended platforms, it's just a mere budget issues at this point.

Pre-production Zenimax property will be a different deal.

Last edited:

gmoran

One thing I would like to see this coming gen is more powerful button remapping tools. Such as remapping actions to button combos, I know this can be done in game, such as the stuff they are doing for FC6, but I would like a global option, but tied to each game or app individually, rather than me having to alter the button mapping every time I switch games.

Yes. Also this is an accessibility issue. Any licensed controller should be mappable to the standard controller input. Microsoft's support for this is admirable, Sony should follow suit and both should do more.

hemo memo

Gold Member
What exclusives? If they do come (and I do believe they will come) it will happen in about 2 years down the line. Whatever is in the final strech of development will be released for all the intended platforms, it's just a mere budget issues at this point.

Pre-production Zenimax property will be a different deal.

Starfield is 2021 hopefully.

sircaw

Banned
No. I'm speaking about YOU, don't play dumb. You spouted your fake insider information for months misleading people. Then before the road to PS5 you said this-

You admitted before the PS5 specs were revealed that you were FOS. Now you're back before the PS5 and SX releases. What a lovely coincidence. You aren't fooling anyone. Well at least people with common sense. The ones giving you likes and congratulating you on your return are clearly incapable of seeing through trickery and must love being f'd with. You and Odium must have a boring pathetic life to have the time and energy to lie to people on a forum.

Any post you make mentioning anything "you've head" about the consoles, i'm reporting.

you were before my time on this forums.

But from reading what people are saying i have to admit, if you were here purposely lying and spreading falsehoods in the past why people saying welcome back?

I am all for banter and laughs and enjoy the fight with my fellow xbox friends but if you are purposely misleading people with falsehoods or providing fake false information when you know it to be the case, why did you not get a perm ban.

What am i missing here

Garani

Starfield is 2021 hopefully.
If Starflied is planned for 2021, then it is so far ahead in development that they have invested significant amount of time and resources to make it for Playstation as well. marking that kind of money as a loss must be justified or it's a pure corporate suicide.

We'll see Zenimax exclusives for Microsoft with games planned to drop from 2022 onward.

SSfox

Fucking Schreir was a huge contributor to the FUD wasn’t he? That tweet about Sony ‘console warriors’ being sad about the Ps5’s tflops is so telling of what he actually thinks and feels. Instead of just doing his job - reporting on the specs of a video game console, he has to bring up console wars. I bet no one could find me an equivalent comment about Xbox and it’s supporters.

Still waiting that Xbox Series X game that shows the 50% gap compare to PS5 btw.

sircaw

Banned
From what I've seen on youtube walkthroughs the game didn't have loads when it launched either? I didn't play the game so I have no idea.

Would love to know this too, i have not played the game, come on people that have played the game, can you input on the load times, please?

Until Dawn has zero load times now.

If I remember correctly that game didn't had any load screens at all, when you continue the game from the main menu either the last cinematic you saw starts to play or there is a "previously on Until Dawn" cinematic, hell, I think sometimes the game started right where you left off.
Edit: Also, according to ORBIS Patches the game hasn't been updated recently.

Last edited:

Mahavastu

Sorry if this too off-topic, but can anyone verify that an LG OLED C7 can display 120 Hz at 1440P resolution?
From what others wrote, yes the TV can do it, but the Consoles have to be able to output that resolution/frequency too.

It is confirmed that the XBox Series X is able to output 1440p/120, so no problem here.

AFAIK 1440p/120 is not yet confirmed for the PS5. The PS4 Pro was only able to do 1080p or 4k resolutions and was not able to output 1440p.
The PS5 is now in the hand of Youtubers and the press and I am sure this will be tested by some of them, so the confirmation is just a few days away. I would be really surprised if the PS5 is unable to do 1440p/120

FunkMiller

I noticed that they compare their consoles against the current generation only. That pretty much confirms they can't compete with PS5. Nice to see they know that even if they admit that in a convoluted way.

It‘s not Microsoft... just the sad little weirdo who runs that Twitter account trying to pass off his own designs as official advertising.

Possibly the saddest thing I’ve ever seen, and I watched Goldberg vs The Undertaker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom