• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then follows it up with
DPF4cyA.png

I wasnt sure just had that sent to me by a friend.

Even if we guess all the factors. Market share would always be a deciding factor.If its a landslide in deals. That has got to be heavy reaction to how much the industry dislike Gamepass And MS for trying to push that shit through media.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
This month is going to be huge when it comes to next gen news. And I'm fairly certain there is going to be a big event almost once every week.
Next Xbox showcase Date: Unknown (Maybe August 13)
Next PS event date: Unknown (Maybe August 20)
DC FanDome Date: August 22
Gamescom Opening Night Live Date: August 27

I agree this month will be packed.

hemo memo

Gold Member
This month is going to be huge when it comes to next gen news. And I'm fairly certain there is going to be a big event almost once every week.
Next Xbox showcase Date: Unknown (Maybe August 13)
Next PS event date: Unknown (Maybe August 20)
DC FanDome Date: August 22
Gamescom Opening Night Live Date: August 27

We still don’t know. Both Microsoft and Sony could have their stuff at the end on the month and you end up with an empty first half.

jimbojim

Banned
He said the difference in power between the two machine to be at ~15%. But, I don't want to give him too much credit for that prediction since it was so vague. With hardware stuff, I can't recall a single insider/ITK who was able to call the specs of PS5. It applies to Matt too.

However for gaming related news, he's very reliable.

IIRC he said Github doesn't tell the whole story or something like that

Bo_Hazem

Banned
It's funny I bought switch for zelda and it ends up only game I've played on switch. I have no interest in other Nintendo titles and still it was worth for me. Xbox had quantum break for me this gen. It was 8/10 game for me. But like switch it was one and only game worth buying xbox this gen for me. I won't count how may Sony exclusives I've liked because it would be most of them. AAA Singleplayer gamer place is with playstation, because thats their main focus.

I actually only considering Zelda on the Switch, nothing else attracts me. Maybe some Mario for nostalgia sake? But even though, I won't pay $400-500 just to play Zelda, it's not MGS.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Serious performance woes on my high-end rig. My best testing PC sports an i7-8700K CPU (overclocked to 4.8GHz), an Nvidia RTX 2080 Ti GPU Founder's Edition (overclocked using EVGA X1 software), 32GB DDR4-3000 RAM, and an NVME solid-state hard drive. This rig has a lot of headroom to spare in order to get most 3D games to hit a mostly steady 60fps refresh at resolutions nearing 4K (2160p).

Indeed, the pre-release build of HZD hits 60fps on my best machine... but this requires a considerable downgrade to somewhere around 60 percent of 4K, which can be toggled in an in-game menu.

via https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2020...pc-not-the-optimized-port-we-were-hoping-for/

3 years more, 1000$ GPU and still not achiving PCMR 4K 60FPS... I feel sorry for those number guys out there [*]

Imagine what the rest 98% PC gamers run it at, probably something less than PS4 Slim. :lollipop_tears_of_joy:

Thirty7ven

Banned
I actually only considering Zelda on the Switch, nothing else attracts me. Maybe some Mario for nostalgia sake? But even though, I won't pay $400-500 just to play Zelda, it's not MGS.

Funny, I bought the Switch because of BOTW. It seems obvious right? It’s the game that seems closest to the type of experiences you get on a PlayStation and everybody was like “GOAT”.

Then I played the games, and Fire Emblem and MK, played Celeste on it etc had a blast and in the end, the game I liked the least, or rather, didn’t like at all was BOTW. Most overrated game in recent memory, alongside Persona 5. I am always stunned by what some people want in games.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Funny, I bought the Switch because of BOTW. It seems obvious right? It’s the game that seems closest to the type of experiences you get on a PlayStation and everybody was like “GOAT”.

Then I played the games, and Fire Emblem and MK, played Celeste on it etc had a blast and in the end, the game I liked the least, or rather, didn’t like at all was BOTW. Most overrated game in recent memory, alongside Persona 5. I am always stunned by what some people want in games.

I nearly suffocated while trying to pass the first level of Persona 5 before deleting the game, but I can't say overrated, because someone explained to me the story and it's plausible. But it feels too pansy to me and I hate turn-based RPG's. Zelda didn't wow me, but the extreme praise that it gets made me curious. Thanks for the feedback, I trust your taste as you confirmed Persona 5 is a self torture to play, still better than Minecraft. But Minecraft is better than Atari 2600 games, IMHO.

Last edited:

Games Dean

Can we just appreciate how Cyberpunk 2077 is looking like? It's gonna be a HUGE game with lots to discover and its city is full of interiors and all that, I don't know how they're gonna (or done) fit all that on PS4/XB1, because when I saw the 2018 gameplay I said it wouldn't fit PS4/XB1, it'd be downgraded, but it's actually upgraded now, BUT, all footage we've seen was on PC, we have 4 months till its release & we haven't seen any PS4/XB1 footage.

As you can all see, it got UPGRADED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9qFBxU3.jpg

5lhokgF.jpg

mQWE4ZR.jpg

ietfeaj.jpg

pR6NTcm.png

TmKmpHw.jpg

3l4JqHe.png

VSJx9gI.jpg

uFl8mYi.jpg

And this is the final build most likely, you can't say it's gonna get a downgrade, because the game is finished, I'm really wondering how it'll look like on base consoles...for me, I'm either gonna get it for the next-gen consoles or on PC, I don't know...
To be fair, no one has seen this game running on a console. I think it's gonna look pretty rough on current gen consoles. I'm going to wait for the next gen patch if I can.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Arrogance is when you build a crazy Powerful car and then hire a race car driver with a just good enough skills because you think the car is going to do all the work.

Aggressive would be when you have a damn good racing machine and you go out and hire a top tier driver and crew to take home the victory.

sehito

Neo Member

HilariousFrankKoala-size_restricted.gif

UPDATE FROM IMRAN HIMSELF

I don't like to come into threads where I am the subject because people are usually not polite and any appearance leads to 30 notifications asking "Where's the details, tho?"

But yes. Echoing what Matt said. There isn't a major third party out there Sony failed to approach asking what kind of deals they could work out. Some had content, some had games, some had content and games. It is not like Microsoft was not willing to offer, they just didn't want to pay the asking price, because Sony approached with pretty high numbers in the first place.

That "PlayStation Advantage" branding and "Console Exclusive" wording are both going to get a lot of use in the next few years.

Yeah looks like they were talking to everyone.

kretos

Banned
Imran

I don't like to come into threads where I am the subject because people are usually not polite and any appearance leads to 30 notifications asking "Where's the details, tho?"

But yes. Echoing what Matt said. There isn't a major third party out there Sony failed to approach asking what kind of deals they could work out. Some had content, some had games, some had content and games. It is not like Microsoft was not willing to offer, they just didn't want to pay the asking price, because Sony approached with pretty high numbers in the first place.

That "PlayStation Advantage" branding and "Console Exclusive" wording are both going to get a lot of use in the next few years

giphy.gif

Dargor

I dunno which part is better:

1- People hyping themselves up off into space;

2- The collective crash when hype doesnt live up to expectations.

And no, I'm not an insider, its just that people are acting like they got ff16, gta, pokemon, cod, etc, etc, in the bag :pie_roffles:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom