• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

GreyHand23

I’ve got a few of them preordered all disc versions. Kind of fucked up how GameStop handled the situation I know a few employees that snatched up almost all of their stores inventory.

It was truly disastrous. So I called up the Gamestop as soon as I heard about preorders. They said we're not doing them yet because we still need more information from Sony so we're doing preorder starting at noon the next day on a first come first serve basis. I got there at 10:30 and was second in line. All of a sudden a bunch of people start showing up and say that the Gamestop gave out papers guaranteeing them a PS5 the night before. As we get closer to noon there's about 15-20 of these people with papers and another 40+ people without. The Gamestop employee already knows how many consoles they have for preorder, but proceeds to make everyone wait in line for well over an hour while he's going through the people with papers. Finally he gets to the people without papers and says he has about 3 consoles left. So 5 of us go in because I'm guessing some people are hoping he was wrong about the number. Turns out he was wrong because one of the other employees has been flirting with this chick at the counter for over 30 min and also somehow let her have more than one PS5. So there was actually only 1 PS5 left for those without papers and I was lucky enough to get it. It was a true shit show though.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
It's crazy, I mean i don't understand why there is pop in, its an old game, surely the power in this box should easily be able to do that without those issues. The machine definitely is powerful enough on paper, is it the developer's fault maybe?

Its always a developers "fault." Its usually the result of VRAM being tapped or slow storage but even if you removed those limitations the game still has to be optimized correctly to eliminate it.

Last edited:

sircaw

Banned
That popping at 5:46 😭

... Wait WTF, does that game suffer from all that popping in the current version?

Why Microsoft, Why do you do this, you have fucking 100s if not thousands of games to show off, DONT PICK A FUCKING GAME WITH POP IN TO SHOW OF YOUR NEW SYSTEM.

ITs like they want to fucking fail or something.

Who is running their quality control? Fire their arse, ffs.

Last edited:
I mostly got the PS5 Disc Edition after getting my first 4K TV but not having anything to play my 4K Blu-Rays; so, not only will the PS5 be one of my first native 4K gaming experiences but will also allow me to watch Blade Runner 2049 and other amazingly beautiful movies in a quality I have never experienced in my own home before!
I still game on PS4 original and an old 1080p quality Sony tv. I am going from that and hopefully directly to PS5 and a new 4K tv. Should be noticeable. My surround is high-end, so that will have to last for many years.

Riky

$MSFT
Sony always use upto now, not too sure what 3rd parties do in every case.

We have the american legal system to thank for that. You can read into word choice whatever you wish.

It isn't Sony though, it's a third party and they have worded it differently for both consoles, I wonder why?

i mean theres no way a 12tf console cant make a game like the ones you listed. it could be even better but i'd give it a few years before we really start to see next gen games at their prime.
Of course they *could* but I very much doubt they will. The Sony exclusives aren't impressive because of the hardware they run on, but rather despite the hardware they run on.

They're impressive because there's unparalleled polish and attention to detail, the best motion capture and animation in the business, etc etc.

That kind of time investment, optimization and polish is pretty much only possible when developing for one single closed platform and the developers don't have to account for a million different hardware configurations (PC) or interior hardware.

None of Microsoft's first-party studies have yet released a game that comes close to the Sony exclusives - in my opinion - when it comes to polish, animation, motion capture, story and the overall quality.

But feel free to disagree.

MistBreeze

Cool that you quickly skipped The Coalition, not to mention that Playground and Turn 10 have made AAA titles.
I did not intend to skip the coalition but what are they doing now
and where is turn 10 on launch??
playground is working on fable now we will see how big scope this game in time to come

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
why Microsoft, Why do you do this, you have fucking 100s if not thousands of games to show off, DONT PICK A FUCKING GAME WITH POP IN TO SHOW OF YOUR NEW SYSTEM.

Probably greenlit by the guy who provided the Halo screens....Ms in their accessibility vision probably promoted a blind guy for thoses tasks.
Because there are obviously a lot better things to show .... right?

J_Gamer.exe

Are you kidding me, you have not seen people go on about the power of the x, and the fud list that we had about the ps5. Are you seriously wanting me to post that fud list again? Where have you been for the last 3 months,

You have not heard i am buying the xbox because that where multiplats will perform best, i don't care about exclusives. You have not heard that a lot on this forum?

Are you seriously missing a bunch of over-aggressive xbox fans that go around like clockwork and try to downplay the ps5 or any of its capabilities, i hate to step outside this particular thread at times for that exact reason.

Go read through the Tlou remasted pre ps5 thread and just look at the usual suspects in there moaning about the improvement or throwing shade on it, i can count a couple of dickhead comments on the first page. Open your eyes, these are the same people that love the power narrative and they are everywhere.

As for the ssd, A revolutionary new ssd that is/faster than anything was met by memes and lols on day one from scores of xbox fans trying to turn it into the butt end of a joke.

Let's put it in context, 12 tflop gpu, what can you get on the pc's market right now? 20, 25 tflops more or less.
Can you get a faster ssd on pc than the ps5 one, no its revolutionary, so when you say people were excited, damn right they were/are. According to some developers that ssd is going to fundamentally change the way how games are made in the future. If that does not get your juices going then i don't know what will.

And here's a quote from another xbox fanatic just yesterday.

It's on bae!
Oh you went from parity to a huge gap? Seems like someone getting soft down there :messenger_sunglasses:

Anyway, my predictions over the gen, Series X will get up to 35% advantage over PS5, not sure if that's huge for you. But that's my score card down.

For the sake of peace, i am not going to mention people's names, but there are a lot of them on this forum, just as i bat for ps5, there are also another shed load of other Fruit cakes on the other side spouting bullshit.

these people exist, they are living among us. You need to remember this is going months and months back, a lot of people have been banned on both sides of the argument.

Do you remember that idiot the great white shark or that Meril guy?

I've said from the start xbox will struggle to show their advantages and the biggest 'visible' difference will be loading times with big wins for Sony.

But its actually worse than that so far and looking more likely that the machines are closer even than first thought.

Forget performing the same or even a small 1-2 fps advantage or one being 4k and other dynamic.

After all the power bragging from Microsoft and then their fans, saying there's a significant power advantage, if they can't show a significant lead then its a HUGE L.

You don't brag like they did if it was going to be 1-2 fps or whatever.

The dealers and people like Chris granell said its significant and this was repeated and used in arguments to brag by fans.

If we don't see a consistent, significant and noticeable gap then xbox and those who used it as a weapon deserve all backlash they get from the internet IMO.

Were already seeing both perform the same so thats a huge L in itself.

Said from the start a lot of them are setting themselves up for a huge fall, the answers were right there for those willing to listen. But simplicity of a bigger TF number and discarding all other factors is what has led us to this.

Seems there will still be some shocked people. Surely the results so far on each game being the same would tell you somethings up with that power narrative.

Seph-

It isn't Sony though, it's a third party and they have worded it differently for both consoles, I wonder why?
It says your answer in the article. Not sure why you keep wanting to push this. It says specifically because you can choose a Framerate Priority option and it's using the PS4 Pro build. You're reading way to hard into this.

"The developer has stated the title will "leverage the PlayStation 4 Pro build". When you play on PS5, you'll be able to choose a Framerate Priority option that will allow you to play the game at 60 frames per second. The title will also benefit from "faster loading times" on the new hardware. "

BigLee74

Im sorry if I seem like this ,,, but it is beyond me how cab some people defend a company provide a console with no launch line up and no compelling exclusive it is beyond me

Do developers stop making games on launch day or something, and we are stuck with what games are released then?

If not, what's eating you? Especially if you aren't getting an Xbox...

D

Deleted member 775630

Unconfirmed Member
I did not intend to skip the coalition but what are they doing now
and where is turn 10 on launch??
playground is working on fable now we will see how big scope this game in time to come
The Coalition is building a new game probably... Turn 10 is working on the next Forza, and Fable has always been a AAA game. No reason for this to suddenly change. The only thing you can say is that there aren't first party AAA games at launch, sure that's true. Has nothing to do with future game titles, or Game Pass though.

DwuyraG.jpg

Last edited:

MistBreeze

The Coalition is building a new game probably... Turn 10 is working on the next Forza, and Fable has always been a AAA game. No reason for this to suddenly change. The only thing you can say is that there aren't first party AAA games at launch, sure that's true. Has nothing to do with future game titles, or Game Pass though.
OK we will see how this game pass will grow to come

Rossco EZ

Why Microsoft, Why do you do this, you have fucking 100s if not thousands of games to show off, DONT PICK A FUCKING GAME WITH POP IN TO SHOW OF YOUR NEW SYSTEM.

they could of literally of gone from Gears 5, maybe to forza horizon 4 showing the new 4k 60 mode and then some other decent games. no idea why they’ve showed a game like subnautica, that decision it’s actually beyond me.

sircaw

Banned
Probably greenlit by the guy who provided the Halo screens....Ms in their accessibility vision probably promoted a blind guy for thoses tasks.
Because there are obviously a lot better things to show .... right?

I really don't understand this at all from Microsoft, this is something that is so easy to get right, They must of seen this video a hundred times, and they are still happy to release it like this.

Just like your point with the halo demo but that one i can actually understand as they had nothing else really next-gen to show in terms of exclusives, this is like asking for trouble, self-harm or something.

i mean these people are experts, anyone on this forum can tell you that's not even a good look, even the most hardened xbox fan must be thinking, WTF ARE YOU DOING PHIL SPENCER. Your the boss, don't allow this, Right a fucking memo, send it out, NO FUCKING POP IN< IN VIDEOS.

sircaw

Banned

they could of literally of gone from Gears 5, maybe to forza horizon 4 showing the new 4k 60 mode and then some other decent games. no idea why they’ve showed a game like subnautica, that decision it’s actually beyond me.

yer, they got hundreds of games, there is no excuse for this and i bet there are like 99% with no pop in.

Choose those you fucking idiots lol.

WTF

BigLee74

It's crazy, I mean i don't understand why there is pop in, its an old game, surely the power in this box should easily be able to do that without those issues. The machine definitely is powerful enough on paper, is it the developer's fault maybe?

Oh noes! Shock horror! It's very likely the game itself configured as old with crappy LOD range settings etc, but I suspect you really suspect this too.

Still, let's get the mock concern out there! 👍

sircaw

Banned
Oh noes! Shock horror! It's very likely the game itself configured as old with crappy LOD range settings etc, but I suspect you really suspect this too.

Still, let's get the mock concern out there! 👍

Is this acceptable for you, of course, it is, you have your head so far up Microsoft arse that they can do no wrong?

They just released a video, where they decided to show pop in as an advertisement for their next-gen console. This by any metric is one of the most easy things to avoid, this is one of the most retarded things i have ever seen.

But you in your divine wisdom thought of defending it.
How much are they fucking paying you dude?

Stop, think, Expect Better.

Last edited:

zubairali2

None of Microsoft's first-party studies have yet released a game that comes close to the Sony exclusives - in my opinion - when it comes to polish, animation, motion capture, story and the overall quality.

this is one of the reasons why i sold my x1 the other day. i cannot give myself a reason to hold on to this box. out of the 7 years that has passed the only game that was interesting to me was scalebound. other than that there hasnt been any xbox game like that.

i remember getting MCC and playing it for the first time and i managed to find a match online after 30 mins of waiting. ever since then its been downhill for me with xbox, meanwhile sony pumps out amazing games like bloodborne, spiderman, god of war etc.

sony has always kept me interested in this gen and its still going strong into next gen. i need GAMES to keep me playing and invested in the system.

Is this acceptable for you, of course, it is, you have your head so far up Microsoft arse that they can do no wrong?

They just released a video, where they decided to show pop in as an advertisement for their next-gen console. This by any metric is one of the most easy things to avoid, this is one of the most retarded things i have ever seen.

But you in your divine wisdom thought of defending it.
How much are they fucking paying you dude?

Stop, think, Expect Better.

Same with Halo Infinite, anyone could have looked at that game preview and realized it is not up to par for a next gen showing, but they ran with it anyway thinking it was going to wow everyone like Hellblade 2 trailer, instead they got mocked to the point of delaying the game.

sircaw

Banned
Same with Halo Infinite, anyone could have looked at that game preview and realized it is not up to par for a next gen showing, but they ran with it anyway thinking it was going to wow everyone like Hellblade 2 trailer, instead they got mocked to the point of delaying the game.

And for you xbox fanatics i will tell you this now, if i see a ps5 video about fast loading and i see pop up like this in the video, i am going to rip them a new one as well. This has got fuck all today with consoles, this is a standards thing.

A common sense thing, Don't release pre-recorded videos with multiple examples of pop in it.

Rossco EZ

Yeah but.... is there anything else that can show off the systems? Were so close to launch and for me the only reason you'd show this is if you have nothing else and have to show something.

Seeming more and more a failure of a launch by Microsoft.
i mentioned this earlier but even showing forza horizon with the new patch would of been better than subnautica, i just can’t believe who ever reviewed the footage thought to themselves “showing this game will blow people away”.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom