• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, guys, but I couldn't resist and get past it. I'm just under the table, to be honest. It was necessary to wait 3+ years to play on the divine PC in 30(!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) fps? Really? Ahahahahahahaha. I don't understand this man.
Game looks FANTASTIC! I've had zero issues with the port other than the inconsistent FPS. So I just locked to 30FPS @ 4k. These guys are the kings of foliage rendering. They know how to make it look really good!
giphy.gif

I agree, and there’s gotta be a reason the new CoD hasnt been announced yet. Is Sony saving that announcement for their next PS5 event?

It really is odd COD hasn't been announced yet. I can't think of a bigger way to announce price, release date, and preorders than alongside a a major exclusive announcement like that.

"Get COD exclusively on PS5 when it launches on 11/13. Preorder today for $399 and get the COD season one pass for free with PS+."

Open back headphones is where its at if you can use them and not disturb anyone.

A great starter pair for around $75 is the Phillips SHP9500

I love my Sennheiser 598's and I hope the PS5 controller has a better quality output than the PS4's jack.

Last edited:
Sorry, guys, but I couldn't resist and get past it. I'm just under the table, to be honest. It was necessary to wait 3+ years to play on the divine PC in 30(!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) fps? Really? Ahahahahahahaha. I don't understand this man.

giphy.gif

Just like every other jealous hater. The truth is just wants to play PS games. No surprise here. Guy was just a fraud. PCMR but begging for peasants food. Very Elite behaviour. Just another of many PC port beggars.

Last edited:
I meant in reference to GTA, I don't see the benefit to securing next gen limited exclusivity for GTA 5 as it will likely be backwards compatible and support cross gen play on both Series X and PS5 regardless. If their goal is to sell more software with these deals then targeting a game most people already have doesn't make as much sense to me. I could see it for GTA 6 though.

I meant GTA6. GTA5 might have an exclusive beta or something for the content.

My point wasn't even about Kena; and I'm not telling Sony they can't show a game because it has pre-rendered cutscenes.. I'd just personally like to know what of the show was real time, and after assuming the entire show was, I now have reason to doubt that.

That's it.. there's nothing more to the conversation other than you over-reacting to me pointing it out and making some assumption I'm a concern troll. I'd be ecstatic if for instance Horizon devs came out and said all of the Horizon stuff was real time.. it's not "concern trolling", it's me wishing I had more information and pointing out people clearly made an incorrect assumption about the presentation.

But most people didn’t do that assumption.. majority of people understand the difference between cute scenes and gameplay.. and understand that cute scenes will always look better than gameplay even if they are real time cute scenes..

But further more in this case it is what it is because the game will ship that way.. until further notice what they showed is 100% representative of the final game.. they didn’t misled no one..

Sony said from now on all footage shown will be taken from ps5 hardware which is completely true in this case...

Your point should have been toward people that may take cute scenes as gameplay graphics representation and not at Sony.. and that would be an all different discussion..

Last edited:
Just like every other jealous hater. The truth is just wants to play PS games. No surprise here. Guy was just a fraud. PCMR but begging for peasants food. Very Elite behaviour. Just another of many PC port beggars.
Now he fiercely believes in the release of TLoUP2 on PC. This dude doesn't give himself any account at all that this game, improved graphically, will still sell PS5 for a couple of years.

Sony's new WH-1000XM4 have some built-in HRTF-like system that reads your ears and provide accordingly! Timestamped:

Is it implemented in the Pulse 3D? I would say more than likely. @Audiophile @thurnishaleygw

What he’s talking about are 3 sensors inside the XM4 that adapts the sound you hear based on your location (home,restaurant,gym etc). One of those sensors is inside the right earcup, is comprised of two accelerometers and its primary purpose is to tell whether your wearing the headphones or not, it pauses the music automatically when it notices you’ve taken your headphones off and resumes playing when it detects that you’ve put them back on. The other is a proximity sensor that adjusts the sound profile In real time based on your type of location like mentioned above. They combine this with a new Bluetooth soc that picks up and processes noise approximately 700 times per second which makes the headphones better at filtering out mid-high frequencies from ambient noise such as voices and louder noises in crowded environments, reviewers who tested it say it’s a little bit more effective at noise cancellation than the Xm3s but you’re unlikely to notice the difference that much as the XM3 are already pretty impressive at canceling out ambient sounds. The new tech the XM4s have has less to do with HRTFs and more to do with Quality of Life improvement as both the XM4 and the XM3 have the exact same frequency response courtesy of the same 1.57” drivers and LCP diaphragm. The XM4 just does noise canceling slightly better and has sensors for location based awareness and pausing/resuming tracks. Also just so I don’t forget to mention, the XM4 has 5 microphones for picking up your voice better during phone calls vs the 3 mics the XM3 has and now has the ability to pair wirelessly to two devices instead of one so that you can start listening on your laptop for instance and then resume listening on your phone. Apart from those features. Everything else is basically the same between the two headphones. P.S. Sorry for the wall of text.

Last edited:

Bo_Hazem

Banned
What he’s talking about are 3 sensors inside the XM4 that adapts the sound you hear based on your location (home,restaurant,gym etc). One of those sensors is inside the right earcup, is comprised of two accelerometers and its primary purpose is to tell whether your wearing the headphones or not, it pauses the music automatically when it notices you’ve taken your headphones off and resumes playing when it detects that you’ve put them back on. The other is a proximity sensor that adjusts the sound profile In real time based on your type of location like mentioned above. They combine this with a new Bluetooth soc that picks up and processes noise approximately 700 times per second which makes the headphones better at filtering out mid-high frequencies from ambient noise such as voices and louder noises in crowded environments, reviewers who tested it say it’s a little bit more effective at noise cancellation than the Xm3s but you’re unlikely to notice the difference that much as the XM3 are already pretty impressive at canceling out ambient sounds. The new tech the XM4s have has less to do with HRTFs and more to do with Quality of Life improvement as both the XM4 and the XM3 have the exact same frequency response courtesy of the same 1.57” drivers and LCP diaphragm. The XM4 just does noise canceling slightly better and has sensors for location based awareness and pausing/resuming tracks. Also just so I don’t forget to mention, the XM4 has 5 microphones for picking up your voice better during phone calls vs the 3 mics the XM3 has and now has the ability to pair wirelessly to two devices instead of one so that you can start listening on your laptop for instance and then resume listening on your phone. Apart from those features. Everything else is basically the same between the two headphones. P.S. Sorry for the wall of text.

Thanks a lot for the detailed reply! :messenger_clapping:

Bo_Hazem

Banned
If I were Microsoft and I wanted Xbox to have a Nintendo Switch like success, I wouldn’t just try to make a PlayStation clone. Xbox is made by Microsoft and they make Windows. Best way to make Xbox hardware unique (like Switch hardware is unique) is to let Xbox run Windows. Full Windows 10 with Windows store, Steam, Epic store, EA, PS store, and apps like Office, Adobe, CAD, etc. Target PC gamers on budget, or the pre-built market, or get streamers to use it, etc. (And sure they could also make console versions that are just regular Xbox consoles.)

Imagine the Xbox Series X Windows Edition
Windows 10 OS
8 Zen 2 cores @ 3.8 GHz
52 CUs @ 1.825 GHz
16 GB DDR4 3200 MHz
10 GB GDRR6 @ 560 GB/s
1 TB NVMe SSD @ 2.4 GB/s
1 TB SATA HDD (backup storage)
no disc drive
Display port 1.4b, HDMI 2.1
USB-A x3, USB-C x2
~ 325 W PSU

Good luck building that spec gaming PC for less than $1000. If I were Microsoft, I’d take Series X, reconfigure the memory and ports to be more PC like, and let the thing run Windows. Sell it for like $600. Easy way to be unique and different from PS5.

That will make it very successful and competitive.

Serviam

Sony's new WH-1000XM4 have some built-in HRTF-like system that reads your ears and provide accordingly! Timestamped:

Is it implemented in the Pulse 3D? I would say more than likely. @Audiophile @thurnishaleygw

Been looking forward to those. Love my XM3 but need that dual connection for work. Nice they upped the quality of the mic and ever better NC.
Guess they won’t work with PS5 which would have been most awesome. No WiFi in them = Serviam sad puppy.

Might go for a pair of Pulse if the quality is good and not shit like most gaming headsets.

SIE mega-trolls

AHHHHHHHH Sweet competing.

Now he fiercely believes in the release of TLoUP2 on PC. This dude doesn't give himself any account at all that this game, improved graphically, will still sell PS5 for a couple of years.

The guy was always a clown. No idea why people entertained him. Any time you see a PC guy hating on PS.Writing essays. Its is all jealous envy ,they just want the games. Thats all. All he had to do was buy a PS & the games.

PC does not have top quality games. So in turn a lot of PC guys don't know what top quality is. They should be automatically disqualified when it comes to Console gaming. I'll keep this short. Just don't entertain his comments , Just laugh at him. The guy was always a fraud.

Last edited:

jimbojim

Banned

Of course, Lockhart = Series L :D
I'm not downplaying anything. The XSX is 12 Tflop. The 2080Ti is on average 16.5 Tflop. I believe RDNA 2 ipc will be higher then Turing based on released information from AMD, but not on the realm of 40% faster. I claimed the XSX gpu is a bit faster then the 2080 Super as both the XSX gpu and the average 2080 Super are 12 Tflop cards. With RDNA 2 having a bit higher IPC makes the XSX slightly faster then a 2080 Super. Neither console is matching a 2080ti anytime soon.

I think even new AMD's RDNA 2 architecture won't be faster than Nvidias's "Old" Turing architecture. Maybe on par. Some proof is the Minecraft RTX demo. Nvidia's version ran at higher res, higher FPS on average and world was much complex than XSX version.

JTCx

giphy.gif
You forgot this gem.

"Hahaha! I just want a smooth gameplay experience. Running locked 30FPS is smoother than the jutter of bouncing between 40, 36, 53, 42.."

Whats funny is that I remember reading from another poster here saying that if you own a high end PC you'd be stupid to settle for 30 fps.....LMFAO

c44.gif

DaGwaphics

I think even new AMD's RDNA 2 architecture won't be faster than Nvidias's "Old" Turing architecture. Maybe on par. Some proof is the Minecraft RTX demo. Nvidia's version ran at higher res, higher FPS on average and world was much complex than XSX version.

The performance in general might get near Nvidia, but maybe not the RT performance.

While everyone was making fun of the 25TF boast from MS for being ridiculously high, I'm looking at it thinking that if you compare a 1080 and a 2060, the performance jump is bigger than 100%. In terms of RTX being on and the frame rate achieved. Without RTX the 1080 still holds its own. If AMD's approach only nets you double the results of a card with no hardware RT capability, it might be a weak-sauce implementation in comparison to Nvidia's.

But we don't know what AMD's method is and whether or not MS is using the same implementation. Or even exactly what MS was trying to say with the 25TF thing. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom