• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next Gen indies, where are you?

Shmunter

Thought I’d jot down my thought;

There is a distinct lack of indies ready to go on next gen, particularly PS5 as that’s what I’m using. In a new gen, the thirst is real for content.

It puzzles me no end that indies aren’t capitalising on this market by re-releasing a cost effective next gen version of their recent titles with improved visuals, possibly using high end pc version assets from prior release. Just the framerate bump and dual sense support warrants it.

Have it a free upgrade for last gen users to create goodwill, while getting some new sales by being first to a barren store. Also free publicity.

Some immediate examples; Soma, Layers Of Fear, Plague Tale, Grow Home,

What others? Could a big twitterattie tweet nudge some devs?

Last edited:

Guilty_AI

Probably because indies aren't highly popular on consoles in the first place so there isn't much interest in upgrading them, even more so if you consider they don't exactly have bottomless funds.

Kuranghi

The Pathless?:

Also I watched my flatmate play this and it was a really nice little game:

Its uncapped and on PS5 you can vysnc to 60 and lock it so it runs perfectly. Really nice animations and character designs. Not sure if that'll grab you Schmunty, but worth a go if you like a nice open world RPG with side quests.

I do wish there was a new Grow game though, isn't that a MS IP though? I don't know about console versions as I played Up and Home on PC.

Last edited:

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
Supposed to come out at the end of 2020

And on 2021

If you consider Plagues Tale, Scorn is also an indie.

Last edited:

Shmunter

The Pathless?:

Also I watched my flatmate play this and it was a really nice little game:

Its uncapped and on PS5 you can vysnc to 60 and lock it so it runs perfectly. Really nice animations and character designs. Not sure if that'll grab you Schmunty, but worth a go if you like a nice open world RPG with side quests.

I do wish there was a new Grow game though, isn't that a MS IP though? I don't know about console versions as I played Up and Home on PC.

Thanks for the tip, alas not a fan of open world rpg unless it’s AAA to get me over the line.

There is a sequel to Grow Home....Grow Up. Available on PS4

Kuranghi

Thanks for the tip, alas not a fan of open world rpg unless it’s AAA to get me over the line.

There is a sequel to Grow Home....Grow Up. Available on PS4

Fair enough, my flatmate loves rats IRL so he was quite excited by having his minstrel mouse wear a hat made a small candle, bloody kawaii-fiends.

Top Bottom