• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next ‘Star Trek’ Film To Be Directed By ‘WandaVision’s Matt Shakman

ManaByte

After orchestrating the Marvel/Disney+ series WandaVision to a 23 Emmy nomination haul, Matt Shakman has made a deal to direct the next untitled Star Trek film for Paramount and Bad Robot’s JJ Abrams.

The Kelvin timeline lives? Or will this be set in the Prime timeline?

Star Trek Kirk GIF

Birdo

Banned
With the JJ-era cast being a little older, perhapse they could dial down the action and have it more like the OG films.

Pagusas

Elden Member
There’s no active prime TV series running that would make sense to make a movie out of…

but the Kelvin timeline needs to be killed.

…maybe this will be a bridge movie that somehow connects the two in a closure type of way?

dr_octagon

Banned
we've had the villain of the week and big names like the borg, klingons, romulans, khan and secret starfleet. it would be good if there was something original as an antagonist.

beyond had a couple of good character moments, they should go for a slower pace and build out the story. the big explosions were never the selling point of trek.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Kelvin timeline Next Generation, starring Tom Hardy as Picard.

Bank that shit.

That's........ actually a damn good idea. Not sure about Tom Hardy as Picard. I think Ralph Fiennes would better fit the bill for Picard.

jason10mm

Gold Member
Hardy as Picard
Fassbender as Riker
Di Caprio as Wesley
Cruise as Q
Bautista as Worf
Blunt as Dr Crusher
Gadot as Troi
Gosling as Data
Elba as La Forge
Bale as a phaser
Boooo, you totally skipped over Margot Robie as Tasha Yar and Jennifer Lawrence as Ro Laren! I'll even allow a gender swapped Wesley Crusher if it's Emma Watson :p

Top Bottom