• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(Newsweek) How Android is Transforming Mobile Computing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
demon said:
I'd go with the Droid X. And I say that as a current Droid owner. I almost never use the physical keyboard, though, and find it only adds to the weight and thickness of the phone. The Droid X looks a lot bigger, but I found it's lighter and doesn't feel as bulky in my pocket despite being a lot wider, and it must be significantly better for stuff like reading articles because of how much bigger it is.

For all the reasons you just mentioned, I dumped my DROID for a DROID X.

Liu Kang Baking A Pie said:
What makes you think Apple wouldn't have a free phone if Android went that far?

Wait, you're telling me you can't already get a bunch of Android phones free on contract in the US? Wtf? What sort of racateering business are they running over there? I guess nothing should surprise me in the market where you have to pay to receive a text message! :lol

For reference, most Android phones are available for "free" here in the UK if you sign upto a big enough contract, even highend handsets like the Galaxy S. The iPhone is just about the only phone on the market that has consistantly been able to deamnd a premium upfront fee along with its contract.

So, even the crappy low end Android handsets with low resolution 2.8" resistive touchscreens aren't free on contract in the US? :lol The fuck!? Beggars belief!

Burger said:
Android is a worthy rival to iOS in the phone business, not so much in any other market.

Its only a matter of time before that changes though, after 3.0 releases all bets are off. Its not as if Android was a match for iOS when that OS first hit phones either, it didn't even exist as a commercial product at that point but that didn't stop it catching up incredibly quickly once it did. Android tablets will probably surpass the ipad in tablet marketshare within a few years as well, unless Apple start selling a <$300 version, its inevitable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom