• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New York Times: New Ferguson Video Adds Wrinkle to Michael Brown Case

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everything I've read and have watched seem to have point to the officer using more force than necessary, but I did stumble across this on a police subreddit. Can anyone elaborate on this since I not that apt in understanding how he came to some of these conclusions.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ProtectAndServe/comments/5zjekd/court_docket_shows_darren_wilson_admitting_that/deyjiut/

I don't know the exact state standard, so it may be right,
--but a standard that allows an officer to start out using unjustifiable deadly force and then legally be justified in using subsequent deadly force against a person defending theirself from the initial unjustifiable deadly force is laughable and ripe for overturn as a moral imperative.

For what it's worth, the excerpts from the documents that Fawful posted at the top of the last page are starting to circulate on twitter. So hopefully that picks up more steam.

Mully

You're conflating ignorance with willful ignorance, which is what the majority of the people being called out are guilty of.

You trying to paint us as hypocrites by using slain black men is pretty fucked up

No. I was conflating ignorance to ignorance and dismissing the posters who willfully defended the officer without any evidence. My mistake if I wasn't specific enough.

And WTF with the second part? I used the Brown shooting as an example as the police escalating a situation which is exactly what you've done here.

No. I was conflating ignorance to ignorance and dismissing the posters who willfully defended the officer without any evidence. My mistake if I wasn't specific enough.

And WTF with the second part? I used the Brown shooting as an example as the police escalating a situation which is exactly what you've done here.

It's like pulling the trigger at a black kid and justifying that he was a bad kid because of one interaction.

Oh wait, that reminds of what Wilson did to Brown.

You really thought this was witty?

Mully:

Directly comparing the "escalation" of a discussion on a gaming forum to the unjust murder of an unarmed black man is a bad comparison to make for a multitude of reasons, not least of which being the people who are very strongly arguing against the shooting of unarmed, innocent black men are the people you're trying to cast, in your ill-considered comparison, as the cops who would be shooting them.

You're trying to guilt people into feeling bad for you by manipulating them into believing they have something in common with the lying weasel who murdered Michael Brown.

You're doing it badly, and even attempting it is pretty fucked.

The Kree

Banned
Mully:

Directly comparing the "escalation" of a discussion on a gaming forum to the unjust murder of an unarmed black man is a bad comparison to make for a multitude of reasons, not least of which being the people who are very strongly arguing against the shooting of unarmed, innocent black men are the people you're trying to cast, in your ill-considered comparison, as the cops who would be shooting them.

You're trying to guilt people into feeling bad for you by manipulating them into believing they have something in common with the lying weasel who murdered Michael Brown.

You're doing it badly, and even attempting it is pretty fucked.

You have a lot of patience.

Someone pointing out how disgusting and moronic your analogy is is far better than what you deserve.

Now it's coming out that Pollock editted the video to make it seem more like Brown left stuff there to pick up later, when the full video shows they put all the stuff away and he left with the weed.

Can't find the non-editted video to confirm though.

Yeah, yesterday I was on the verge of filing a strongly worded complaint to the BBC, regarding their reporting on the new video, where they appeared to be unjustly taking the shopkeepers (and prosecutors) side on what took place, when thankfully I found the uneddited footage, which shows Brown offered the pack of weed for the cigarrillos etc, but the shopkeepers never accepted that as payment, so he effectively was walking out with his shopping without paying, and was called back... The final part of the uneddited footage shows the shopkeeper restocking the shelves with the unpaid goods, which they clearly wouldn't do if Michael had merely given them back for safekeeping.

So, this shameless heavily edited video is no better than the one that appeared to show Planned Parenthood was selling the remains of aborted fetuses, which was a complete fabrication, and just as in that case, the documentary maker should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

Ultimately, this changes nothing for me, and unlike the many incidents with video footage clearly showing Police using wholly unreasonable levels of force (as in the case posted on GAF the other day - for fuck's sake!), where we should all be demanding systematic change to root out further, sometimes tragic, occurrences, in this instance the evidence isn't so clear cut, and whilst Michael Brown may well have been unjustly killed, we may never know for certain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom