• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New York Times: New Ferguson Video Adds Wrinkle to Michael Brown Case

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, The Washington Post has new court papers filed last year from a civil suit against Darren Wilson.

Said papers: http://apps.washingtonpost.com/g/do...ficer-darren-wilsons-list-of-admissions/2371/

In these papers, Darren Wilson admits that Brown never tried to grab his gun, could not have grabbed his gun, did not initiate contact with him, and that he grabbed Brown through his car window without provocation.

All he had that Wilson constituted as a weapon was his own black self.

kfuutmiwodckdyfrir1o.png

He also admits in the document he pulled out his gun and fired at Brown from the car, injuring him. He then admits that when Brown ran from the car he ran with his back to Wilson. When he turned around, Wilson admits he was capable of physically maneuvering, was trained in non-lethal defensive tactics and techniques, and had a clear line of sight to fire at Brown's head.

Gattsu25

Banned
*sigh*

Seems like with this all the defenses that racists had are falling by the wayside. I wonder what else will be needed before the wider public will accept what was always readily obvious: that Mike Brown was murdered in cold blood.

commedieu

Banned
What the fuck.

What can be done here? Remember how that Netflix show got that dude pinched? Who do we call?

This is Bullshit. And even more so with people sitting on "hands up don't shoot" because of this narrative that he negro black mamba jungle pummeled another defenseless lethally trained white man.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Now he's Michael "The (Formerly) Living Weapon" Brown?

So, The Washington Post has new court papers filed last year from a civil suit against Darren Wilson.

Said papers: http://apps.washingtonpost.com/g/do...ficer-darren-wilsons-list-of-admissions/2371/

In these papers, Darren Wilson admits that Brown never tried to grab his gun, could not have grabbed his gun, did not initiate contact with him, and that he grabbed Brown through his car window without provocation.

kfuutmiwodckdyfrir1o.png

He also admits in the document he pulled out his gun and fired at Brown from the car, injuring him. He then admits that when Brown ran from the car he ran with his back to Wilson. When he turned around, Wilson admits he was capable of physically maneuvering, was trained in non-lethal defensive tactics and techniques, and had a clear line of sight to fire at Brown's head.

Literal proof that it was all a lie but white America will still view this piece of shit as a hero. Fuck everything

Deepwater

Is everybody who was so certain of the dangerous Mike Brown reaching for his weapon and the infallibility of Darren Wilson going to come recant and repent?

Probably not, and while nothing will bring him back or make it better, I'm glad that he is finally vindicated by the man who murdered him in cold blood.

Skilletor

kfuutmiwodckdyfrir1o.png

Thanks for your contribution. Any views on the details or facts of the case? Anything other than assertions that you seem unwilling to substantiate? You're not giving much to chew on. If you don't think this is a discussion worth having, you're very welcome to leave it alone.

I can think of all sorts of things that may still come to light that would change my mind. I even think BLM has a cause worth championing, I just think it's a shame it was built on this crummy case.

Anything to say?

Any reason african americans should trust the justice system and take the story cops conjure up as gospel truth?

Nabs

kfuutmiwodckdyfrir1o.png

Well, there you go. Nothing will happen, and folks will still cape for Wilson.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it's looking like:

Brown traded weed for cigarillos with the morning store employee
Employer instead of reprimanding employee for the trade calls the cops on Brown
Wilson kill Brown because he's brown
Wilson covers up reason for killing Brown, fabricate story
Footage shows both the employer and cops were lying
Brown was murdered

?

All this over weed. Which should be treated as less harmless than Tobacco and Alcohol are in the US and not something to go to war over.

So where are all of the "cop was justified" motherfuckers now? Facts my ass, as usual, facts change depending on who is telling the fucking story.

Michael Brown died because cops think that brown civilians are not human.

Anything to say?

Any reason african americans should trust the justice system and take the story cops conjure up as gospel truth?
samn, David H. Wong, and the others are cowards and they'll only show back up the next time some police officer kills someone with at least a tiny possibility of being in the right.

The silence on this is frustrating. This proves Mike's innocence. Proven. Done.

I'm waiting on the news to pick it up. Currently only the Root has picked up on what Wilson said. Everywhere else has only reported that Wilson used racial slurs before.

Shitbag might be making a distinction between "he tried to grab my weapon out of its holster" and "he tried to grab my weapon from me after I took it out of its holster."

rjinaz

This thread is pretty gross reading through it now. So many people saying "he went for the gun" just because this racist shit said he did even though things didn't add up and witnesses said otherwise.

Cops keep proving they are out to hunt Black people and yet still people in here wanted to keep sticking with the officer that even came from a proven racist city police institution and a cop that was accused of racist shit before.

Amazing.

Shitbag might be making a distinction between "he tried to grab my weapon out of its holster" and "he tried to grab my weapon from me after I took it out of its holster."

This is what alt-righters are running with in what very very few places I've seen this discussed in in my search. Because the lack of a spotlight on this online is stunning to me.

The thing is that Wilson pulled his gun on Mike after he already pulled him into the car, at which point any interaction with the gun is now self-defense on Mike's part. The idea that he was trying to kill Wilson or that he was the assailant in this situation at all when Wilson had a gun on him and was coming at him from the beginning is ridiculous.

Mully

This thread is pretty gross reading through it now. So many people saying "he went for the gun" just because this racist shit said he did even though things didn't add up and witnesses said otherwise.

Cops keep proving they are out to hunt Black people and yet still people in here wanted to keep sticking with the officer that even came from a proven racist city police institution and a cop that was accused of racist shit before.

Amazing.

I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt. Most people who post here know more about the nuances of the Final Fantasy universe than the large number of police-involved shooting cases that are regularly (can't give an exact percentage) built on false statements made by police officers. It's probably best to educate, rather than shame these people here.

I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt. Most people who post here know more about the nuances of the Final Fantasy universe than the large number of police-involved shooting cases that are regularly (can't give an exact percentage) built on false statements made by police officers. It's probably best to educate, rather than shame these people here.

Everybody gets a pass.

Except for black kids. They just get bullets.

kirblar

The silence on this is frustrating. This proves Mike's innocence. Proven. Done.

I'm waiting on the news to pick it up. Currently only the Root has picked up on what Wilson said. Everywhere else has only reported that Wilson used racial slurs before.
The issue is that the one's pushing the argument that he was "guilty" (of "something") in the first place are never going to be convinced of anything. (See: Trump and the CP5.)

Mully

Because black people don't get that same doubt as proven in this thread and many times over elsewhere.

I understand that, but I'M AGREEING WITH ALL OF YOU WHEN IT COMES TO POLICE LYING AND BLACK PEOPLE DYING.

Enough with the cathartic, but completely useless bickering to people that agree with a certain cause and want to educate others about it. It does nothing but further divide a community that should not be divided.

Cipherr

kfuutmiwodckdyfrir1o.png

And in a puff of smoke, everyone that defended the piece of shit, and ran with the "But he reached for the gun" narrative vanishes never to return.

The problem with giving people like samn and especially Wong the benefit of the doubt is they do this shit everytime while maintaining a position of arrogance.

Mully

Not to mention, who's to say they "didn't know better?"

Like I said, there's always a rush to give certain people the benefit of the doubt.

Because they're people I don't know anything about. Why would I make brash judgements about people I don't know?

It's like pulling the trigger at a black kid and justifying that he was a bad kid because of one interaction.

Oh wait, that reminds of what Wilson did to Brown.

akira28

Literal proof that it was all a lie but white America will still view this piece of shit as a hero. Fuck everything

We will continue to get lectured by the average Gaffer than can tell us everything about the case and why the shooting was completely justified.

look there goes one now!

come on samn. come on back in here.

I'm talking about the commenters here who didn't know any better. I don't understand what's exactly wrong with that.

which ones are those again?

Because they're people I don't know anything about. Why would I make brash judgements about people I don't know?

It's like pulling the trigger at a black kid and justifying that he was a bad kid because of one interaction.

Cute.

Oh, word? Is that how it is? Really?

God, I fucking miss bish more and more every day.

theWB27

I understand that, but I'M AGREEING WITH ALL OF YOU WHEN IT COMES TO POLICE LYING AND BLACK PEOPLE DYING.

Enough with the cathartic, but completely useless bickering to people that agree with a certain cause and want to educate others about it. It does nothing but further divide a community that should not be divided.

You're using caps because people don't fall for the bs that goes on in these threads.

Measley

kfuutmiwodckdyfrir1o.png

Reading this and thinking back to all the shit that right wing talking heads have said about this case and Michael Brown's character just makes me feel sick to my stomach.

Derwind

kfuutmiwodckdyfrir1o.png

Well.. well.. weeeeeeellll....

Wilson is a racist fuck, only took a few years and released court documents to prove what every black person involved had been saying.

Where are the Gaffers that were so adamant that the lunging story was 100% not bullshit?

IrishNinja

Everything confirmed Brown went for the cop's gun and was charging him when he got shot. Those are the facts, I'm sorry.

The Justice Department under Eric Holder corroborated Wilson's description of the events to include Brown reaching for his gun. These events aren't really up for debate, they are facts whether you like them or not.

I can think of all sorts of things that may still come to light that would change my mind. I even think BLM has a cause worth championing, I just think it's a shame it was built on this crummy case.

just wanted to wish everyone a belated happy black history month

Mully

Oh, word? Is that how it is? Really?

God, I fucking miss bish more and more every day.

I'm not sure what exactly I did wrong initially. I gave ignorant people the benefit of the doubt because that's what people in this thread and what cops across the US should be doing.

Jumping to conclusions only escalates things. We should make better efforts to not be like racists or ignorant people when it comes to not giving people mercy or understanding. It's the only way we can separate ourselves from the gun-toting, minority-hating mob.

akira28

Well.. well.. weeeeeeellll....

Wilson is a racist fuck, only took a few years and released court documents to prove what every black person involved had been saying.

Where are the Gaffers that were so adamant that the lunging story was 100% not bullshit?

they're here too.(honestly where else would they be?) just silent.

Everything I've read and have watched seem to have point to the officer using more force than necessary, but I did stumble across this on a police subreddit. Can anyone elaborate on this since I not that apt in understanding how he came to some of these conclusions.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ProtectAndServe/comments/5zjekd/court_docket_shows_darren_wilson_admitting_that/deyjiut/

It appears to be a legitimate transcript of the civil proceeding.
In the transcript he (Wilson) admitted that Brown never tried to reach for his holstered weapon while they were fighting in the car. The questions relevant to this line of questioning are questions on page 7, starting with Questions 38, 39, and 40.
The Plantiff's lawyer carefully danced around the question on whether or not Michael Brown grabbed the weapon after the first shot and tried to impose this narrative that Deadly Force wasn't warranted because Brown never displayed a weapon, nor did he meet the Deadly Force threshold because Brown never grabbed the (Wilson's) weapon.
Either way, it doesn't undermine his decision to utilize Deadly Force in any way. He met the threshold of a Deadly Force response by getting assaulted in such a manner that it met the grounds of a Serious Bodily Harm/Deadly Force perception. An officer placed in a serious disadvantage that compromises his ability to defend himself can meet the Deadly Force threshold. Michael Brown was significantly larger than Wilson and assaulting Wilson from a advantageous position that would have allowed him to exert his full strength against Wilson, who was inside of a vehicle with minimal access to his weapons and ability to fight back in an adequate manner.
That's about it, really. Wilson's defense was never that Brown reached for his gun; it was the totality of circumstances and painting the perception of the objective reasonableness standard that was his defense.

I'm not sure what exactly I did wrong initially. I gave ignorant people the benefit of the doubt because that's what people in this thread and what cops across the US should be doing.

Jumping to conclusions only escalates things. We should make better efforts to not be like racists or ignorant people when it comes to not giving people mercy or understanding. It's the only way we can separate ourselves from the gun-toting, minority-hating mob.

You're conflating ignorance with willful ignorance, which is what the majority of the people being called out are guilty of.

You trying to paint us as hypocrites by using slain black men is pretty fucked up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom