• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Xbox Console "Project Scarlett" Coming Next Year and it "Eats Monsters for Breakfast"

Armorian

Banned
Talking out of his arse just to be "popular". With his rumors "said" nonsense. Nobody knows and he especially sure doesn't.

Developers with current versions of devkits DO know, but there still are months of hardware tweaking (clocks) that could potentialy put one console above the other but differences WILL be small.

onQ123

so less info then we know about ps5 . and they never said nothing about backward ... wow ... all show for nothing ... and where other consoles that will be slower for streaming ...

I'm pretty sure that 4 Generations in 1 is about Backwards Compatibility

jonnyp

are you under shock?
they developed new ssd tech.... said the engineer and 4x the processing power of the X.
most people was thinking it will be ca. 12TF.
Its 100% more.... i think above 18TF.

and HARDWARE RAYTRACING
that megaton..

sony has telling nothing about power and RT... sony 8TF ps5 is not really next gen ist more a streaming box for stadia... lol.

m

My guess is they have creatively averaged all the performance increases across the board on the system and come up with that 4x number. Prepare to be disappointed dude (it will still be powerful but not have 24TLOP of GPU power)

Their SSD sounds exactly the same as what Sony is doing.

Last edited:

Achillias

Developers with current versions of devkits DO know, but there still are months of hardware tweaking (clocks) that could potentialy put one console above the other but differences WILL be small.
Devkits are most of the time not a 1:1 copy to the real thing based on the real power.

Last edited:

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
100 FPS with Navi (!!!) in APU system? Uhuh, yeah, I'll believe it when I see it. 1080p (which is nothing now and even mid-range GPUs can handle it np) maybe (and even them not in most demanding AAA games), but for sure not in QHD and 4K, let alone 8K.

Last edited:

baphomet

are you under shock?
they developed new ssd tech.... said the engineer and 4x the processing power of the X.
most people was thinking it will be ca. 12TF.
Its 100% more.... i think above 18TF.

and HARDWARE RAYTRACING
that megaton..

sony has telling nothing about power and RT... sony 8TF ps5 is not really next gen ist more a streaming box for stadia... lol.

m
This is quite possibly the most asinine, ill-informed bullshit I've ever read on this forum.

Armorian

Banned
Do you only want to see white men talkin about video games or something?

I'm glad it wasn't like this but I counted few woman, asian guy and indian guy before white male appeared. Every company want to be in diverse mainstream now.

Devkits are most of the time not a 1:1 copy to the real thing in real power.

They usually have more RAM, but corrent DK are to final for sure

This is what Matt said about this GI tweet

BVBgABC.png

T-Cake

My guess is they have creatively averaged all the performance increases across the board on the system and come up with that 4x number. Prepare to be disappointed dude (it will still be powerful but not have 24TLOP of GPU power)

Their SSD sounds exactly the same as what Sony is doing.

Whatever the TFlops turn out to be, it certainly isn't going to be disappointing.

Evilms

Banned
I noticed something interesting ^^

We go from: "The most powerful console ever" during the teasing of the X E3 2016

to "The most powerful console we ever designed" for Scarlett, hmmmmm :pie_thinking:

Edit : beaten by Shin :messenger_beaming:

Last edited:

Night.Ninja

Banned
Someone made a interesting remark on Twitter about Phil's wording in regards to the most powerful console they've ever build.
Then there's this:https://twitter.com/Xbox/status/1137834947194974208?s=20

Was you expecting them to say its more powerful than the PS5 which we no nothing much about? some of you are such warriors that you fail to use common sense

Do you only want to see white men talkin about video games or something?

I was thinking the same thing, all these diversity comments ist like people enjoy only seeing white men talk about things and anything different is wrong

Whitecrow

Banned
SSD in combination with solid state drives, uncompressed pixels...

I love their vids. Even if they are BS, they gave us some laughts.

It will be 24 TF fp16 & 12 TF fp32 so you both will win & lose the bet lol
4x 6TF Xbox1x gpu = 24TF FP32, the crazy dreamers not talking about FP16 here.

Nobody cares about FP16. Everyone referencing to FP32 whenever they mention GPU TF, or when they spout this ridiculous 24 TF dream.

If it's only 24TF FP16, then I'm right on with 12TF FP32 prediction.

Last edited:

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Still think most next gen games will be 30fps. Sure there may be a much higher percentage of 60fps in the first couple of years with all the cross gen games but after that, i expect mostly 30fps.
Yeah, over 100 FPS is more like for smaller and not demanding games, but AAA? 4K 30 FPS for sure, no question, and I doubt that they'll drop 4K for 1080p to offer more performance. but they could give as an option at least. Anyway, we'll see.

This new Elite controller though is amazing! Hopefully it'll be available soon in my country.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
I noticed something interesting ^^

We go from: "The most powerful console ever" during the teasing of the X E3 2016

to "The most powerful console we ever designed" for Scarlett, hmmmmm :pie_thinking:

Edit : beaten by Shin :messenger_beaming:

Because they know what time it is.

Shin

Banned
Was you expecting
Instead of trying to insult people because you lack reading comprehension perhaps go back to school, get some education then come back when you can spell.
Furthermore as it wasn't clear the first time, I'll try and explain it in such a manner that it does make sense in hopes to avoid keyboard warrior-esque like behavior as you've displayed.
The point of my post was and still is that details matters, they always do but seldom do people care for or about them (your post is a prime example of that fact).

Last edited:

Stuart360

I'm surprised no one has mentioned about it only being one console, no lower spec console announced.
Now all the concern trolling about the lower spec console holding back gaming can officially stop.

SLB1904

Banned
I'm surprised no one has mentioned about it only being one console, no lower spec console announced.
Now all the concern trolling about the lower spec console holding back gaming can officially stop.

dont worry after seen the halo trailer xbox one x is doing the job just fine

T-Cake

That was interesting. Maybe they decided to ditch the idea and keep the Xbox One X around instead. Or it could be revealed in the coming months.

If it does turn out to be one device, Xbox Infinite would make a fine name.

Last edited:

quest

Not Banned from OT
4x power is probably Navi over Polaris, Navi is 1.25x over GCN but that could/should be Vega.

That is what people are really over looking it could be 4x as powerful but come in at much lower raw number thanks to the large gains in efficiency from Polaris to navi. I don't think they were talking CPU or the number would be higher.

Evilms

Banned
Was you expecting them to say its more powerful than the PS5 which we no nothing much about? some of you are such warriors that you fail to use common sense

I was thinking the same thing, all these diversity comments ist like people enjoy only seeing white men talk about things and anything different is wrong

In 2016 also he didn't know anything about the PS4 Pro before reveal in september and yet he didn't hesitate to say that the 'X will be more powerfull because he known that they will put it out one year after the sony console but this time is diffrent.

Night.Ninja

Banned

Well they didn't reveal any specs but zen, GDDR6 and a custom SSD and both console could be using them, never know

Night.Ninja

Banned
In 2016 also he didn't know anything about the PS4 Pro before reveal in september and yet he didn't hesitate to say that the 'X will be more powerfull because he known that they will put it out one year after the sony console but this time is diffrent.

You don''t know that

MS has tells us about scarlett processing power over the xbox x [4x] and Hardware RT

Sony is you turn....
when Sony has better Hardware you will hear about today or tomorrow... when sony will be silent... MS has killed it.

Last edited:

quest

Not Banned from OT

He did the pro specs leaked months before e3 that year. MS knew scorpio wiped the floor with pro.

Last edited:

dave_d

So wait, on the old Xbox systems they had virtual memory but without a swap file?(Not sure what they were talking about there.)

Shin

Banned
much lower raw number thanks to the large gains in efficiency from Polaris to navi.
That's pretty much it, I watched the Computex conference then followed up with some articles.
On that note and because of the 7nm node a 512-bit bus wouldn't be out of the question, but we'll see next year.

Personally I'm hoping one of them says it's 12TF come E3 2020, not even sure why I'm fixated with that number but I have been for about 2 years now :messenger_unamused:
All in all what has been put out by both companies so far is impressive, more so than the previous or current generation at least in my opinion.

Stuart360

Dont forget there are still 16-17months until release. The next gen Xbox could very well be more powerful, but this far out, you cant say for certain, so Phil can't make that statement for certain with this much time still to go.
Now if he says 'the most powerful console ever' at next years E3, then we are cooking.

Top Bottom